working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Hello-

I finally went for a walk this week. I got a new set of headphones and they sound great. I love listening to music when I walk. :inlove:

I did a low impact DVD called "Slide and Glide." It uses glider discs so your heart rate goes up without impact. I always forget how fun this work out is. It was perfect for a tight and sore back. I think it might be back to normal tomorrow.

I made a chicken and veggie curry with brown rice. It was OK. :grumpy:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning day 4 upload_2017-8-17_6-10-43.jpegyoga. I finally had an excuse to work the muscles in my feet and they feel BETTER! Who knew. Seeing my feet feel great I'm going to do some Zumba in a bit when the daytime people get kicked out:joyfull: My goal for today stay barefoot except for going to and from the pool:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: No fancy meals for today just salad and leftover curry soup

epcotisbest

Lovely. I had no idea hibiscus grew as far north as GA. I always think of them being in tropical locales.

You are right. They would not survive planted in the ground as far north as we are. We have several in large planter pots that have to be brought in to the basement in the fall/winter. They survive OK, going kinda dormant, then in late spring, after any chance of frost is gone, we bring them back outside for the summer.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy farm market Friday. Day5 yoga with Tim, I know it's not right but I'm not used to a male directing the practice. Something for me to work on. Tonight's dinner will be determined by the selection at the farm market and the sales at my gazillion other errands I have to run today. I'm going to make the most of the yucky day here:joyfull:

epcotisbest

@epcotisbest how's your sugar? You haven't mentioned it in a while and do worry about it.

Good morning and thanks for asking. I appreciate the concern. The truth is my sugar numbers have been consistently high this summer, and it is my own fault. I so enjoy fried squash, fried okra, tomato biscuits, fried green tomatoes, watermelon, grilling stuff covered in BBQ sauce and lots of other things that I should not be eating, and have been eating them anyway. My own fault.
I also use the heat of summer as an excuse to not walk as much as I should. Yes, there are other alternatives I could take, but usually if it is not convenient I will just find a way to avoid extra exercise.
I can and do still control things with medication, but until I get serious and committed to proper and strict diet and exercise, the two things that make the most difference in controlling the diabetes, the numbers are going to be high and the health suffer as a consequence.
I feel sure I will get my head right and start being more disciplined. It is easy for me to say "the time to start is now." OK, now just passed and I am still up to my old ways. I'll get more serious I'm sure.
Today is my birthday, 57 and counting, and I do want to reach 58.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning and thanks for asking. I appreciate the concern. The truth is my sugar numbers have been consistently high this summer, and it is my own fault. I so enjoy fried squash, fried okra, tomato biscuits, fried green tomatoes, watermelon, grilling stuff covered in BBQ sauce and lots of other things that I should not be eating, and have been eating them anyway. My own fault.
I also use the heat of summer as an excuse to not walk as much as I should. Yes, there are other alternatives I could take, but usually if it is not convenient I will just find a way to avoid extra exercise.
I can and do still control things with medication, but until I get serious and committed to proper and strict diet and exercise, the two things that make the most difference in controlling the diabetes, the numbers are going to be high and the health suffer as a consequence.
I feel sure I will get my head right and start being more disciplined. It is easy for me to say "the time to start is now." OK, now just passed and I am still up to my old ways. I'll get more serious I'm sure.
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Songbird76

Happy Birthday!! I'm betting your wife wants you to reach 58 as well...please take care of yourself!

epcotisbest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom