working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning my shoulder is still a bit stiff so I'm not going to do any weights for a while:( I'm pretty sure the weather isn't helping either.:( I did take the last 3 days totally off:oops: but that did help quite a bit:) I did LS's 5 fast miles but did not do all the arm movements just to be safe. Seeing my neighborhood looks like a scene straight out of Frozen I'm staying in where it's safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup it's soup weather so I'm going to make sweet potato soup with white beans for dinner. :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I meant to share that I cooked a really easy tofu dish over the weekend. Rarely use tofu, but this was so easy--just cut up tofu into medium/small squares. Heat up a small amount of olive oil in electric skillet. Throw in some thinly sliced carrots and pea pods. Stir fry until cooked. Then, put the tofu and some bean sprouts and cook a short time, while pouring in some (lower salt) soy sauce. Serve over brown rice. Wasn't bad for an all veggie meal! :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I meant to share that I cooked a really easy tofu dish over the weekend. Rarely use tofu, but this was so easy--just cut up tofu into medium/small squares. Heat up a small amount of olive oil in electric skillet. Throw in some thinly sliced carrots and pea pods. Stir fry until cooked. Then, put the tofu and some bean sprouts and cook a short time, while pouring in some (lower salt) soy sauce. Serve over brown rice. Wasn't bad for an all veggie meal! :p
:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning my shoulder is still a bit stiff so I'm not going to do any weights for a while:( I'm pretty sure the weather isn't helping either.:( I did take the last 3 days totally off:oops: but that did help quite a bit:) I did LS's 5 fast miles but did not do all the arm movements just to be safe. Seeing my neighborhood looks like a scene straight out of Frozen I'm staying in where it's safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup it's soup weather so I'm going to make sweet potato soup with white beans for dinner. :hungry:
Glad it is doing better. Yes take it easy with it. I should know with my shoulder problems a couple years back. :(
Glad we didn't get that weather!

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning gang!! A very sunny day but gusts up to 40!! We have a huge limb in the back that fell from a tree. Thank goodness it missed the well or I wouldn't have water.
Chloe is doing very well. She is eating and drinking water. And she is taking her meds like a good girl. She even looks like she is gaining back what she lost. I am going to try and weigh her this wknd.
I have been getting over 12,000 steps a day!! I am so happy with this. I want to get back in shape before Spring.
Dinner is a new one I found in a magazine. Stir-fry beef with ramen and broccoli. You do not use the little salty pack! You just boil then fry the noodles. It sounded yummy!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Seeing my neighborhood looks like a scene straight out of Frozen I'm staying in where it's safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever tried Stabilicers to put on your shoes/boots in winter--they give you grip on icy surfaces (as long as the ice isn't all completely smooth like glass--nothing works on that). They're sold at L L Bean and other stores--there are different models for different conditions. Might help you to get out more and enjoy the winter, under (moderately) icy conditions.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning gang!! A very sunny day but gusts up to 40!! We have a huge limb in the back that fell from a tree. Thank goodness it missed the well or I wouldn't have water.
Chloe is doing very well. She is eating and drinking water. And she is taking her meds like a good girl. She even looks like she is gaining back what she lost. I am going to try and weigh her this wknd.
I have been getting over 12,000 steps a day!! I am so happy with this. I want to get back in shape before Spring.
Dinner is a new one I found in a magazine. Stir-fry beef with ramen and broccoli. You do not use the little salty pack! You just boil then fry the noodles. It sounded yummy!

We also had windy, rainy conditions here as well--a lot of broken tree limbs came down overnight..

Glad to hear that Chloe is doing better--whenever they start eating again, that's a really good sign.

Let us know how your ramen dish turns out.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have you ever tried Stabilicers to put on your shoes/boots in winter--they give you grip on icy surfaces (as long as the ice isn't all completely smooth like glass--nothing works on that). They're sold at L L Bean and other stores--there are different models for different conditions. Might help you to get out more and enjoy the winter, under (moderately) icy conditions.
THNX and I have a set but as for going out in the cold unless I can power walk to warm up no thnx, I'm a summer person:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning and I tried to do some Cize but about 10 minutes in I realized it may do more harm than good :(so I popped in a LS DVD and did 3 miles followed by a bit of abs:). Just to be safe I'm going to stick with Leslie Sansone and Jessica Smith walking workouts until I'm all better. I'll also walk outside as much as I can weather permitting. Seeing I had the boys home to help me cook I got a couple of days ahead so no cooking for a while:) I'm going to rest my shoulder as much as I can.

93boomer

Premium Member
We also had windy, rainy conditions here as well--a lot of broken tree limbs came down overnight..

Glad to hear that Chloe is doing better--whenever they start eating again, that's a really good sign.

Let us know how your ramen dish turns out.
Hi! Thanks! Hope the limbs didn't hit your home.
The ramen dish was great! It took awhile to cook with all the steps though and I was really tired. I had a hair appt at 1 and didn't get out until 4!! My hairdresser moved so I had a new girl. So we did some new things with color to my hair. She was amazing!! But then I had to go home and get my steps in and cook dinner with a kitty under my feet wanting love. DH helped when he got home.
So if you aren't tired when you cook it, it is great!! Lol

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning and I tried to do some Cize but about 10 minutes in I realized it may do more harm than good :(so I popped in a LS DVD and did 3 miles followed by a bit of abs:). Just to be safe I'm going to stick with Leslie Sansone and Jessica Smith walking workouts until I'm all better. I'll also walk outside as much as I can weather permitting. Seeing I had the boys home to help me cook I got a couple of days ahead so no cooking for a while:) I'm going to rest my shoulder as much as I can.
Ohh I was hoping it was feeling much better! Take care! Pixie dust flying there!!

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! I slept in a bit so running late. The sun is out and 39. Another day near 67 then we start down again for the weekend.
DH out of town for a meeting so I can get some non-stop cleaning done.
Maybe I can get my steps in normally today. Since I sat for 3 hours at the hairdresser's yesterday, I had no steps for 3 solid hours. It was not fun trying to get 5,000 steps in before dinner! Lol:eek:
Dinner is another new one-Greek spaghetti squash toss. I have never baked a spaghetti squash so this dish hopefully will be good!
Hope you all have a wonderful day!! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ohh I was hoping it was feeling much better! Take care! Pixie dust flying there!!
Thank you I am feeling much better but I'm being very cautious. I'm don't want to reinjure my shoulder and wind up with a big medical bill. As soon as I feel a bit of a pull I stop what I'm doing. So I'm going to keep my workouts to strictly cardio for a bit. :( But that will leave me a bit more time for sewing:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning LS' 4 mile super challenge done:) One other thing about doing cardio only is I'm pulling out some of my old DVDs that I haven't done in forever and a day, I have a feeling it's going to be like starting over because I've forgotten the steps in most of them:hilarious: Seeing it's already over 40 and the wind is just about gone I'm going to take @MinnieM123's advice, dress like the tire guy and go walking:) As for dinner tonight I'm going to make a chili pasta for dinner.(sans pasta for me) Wish me luck because I'm going to get creative and use chipotle and change up some of the other seasonings.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! Well the sun is out but it is 33 cold degrees outside! :(
Weekend starts at noon. DH is taking the afternoon off. No cooking for me tonight!!
I am getting in all my step goals with my fitbit. I even hit over 15,000 yesterday and earned an urban boot badge!! It will be very interesting to see how I do when we return to WDW in May.
Everyone take care this weekend and let's all have some "me time". Have a great one!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom