working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning 5 advanced miles LS so at least I got my steps in. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing but my almost daily lunch is fashionable. It seems what I call salad is now considered a Buddha Bowl and quite "in" now.:hilarious: Who knew:facepalm: I really need to do some yoga today because it's going to rain most of today, at least it's not ice but still not outside weather:(

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I asked and apparently he can have some fresh fruits and veggies, but a smoothie is out for some reason, just water and juice to drink. Something about prayer and fasting. I told him I would pray for food.
BTW that's a bit......... I hope he checked with his doctor before starting that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cleansing or fasting for more than 3 or 4 days should be done with supervision!

93boomer

Premium Member
Hi guys! Been a hard couple of days!! Our cat started acting sluggish on Friday. She stopped eating a lot, not drinking water, and generally just lying around sleeping. She just ate spoonfuls of food at a time. And one week ago, she was running around acting like a healthy, two year old cat. We took her to the vet. She has been doing so well since Dec when we took her for her last visit. She has lost 11 ounces since then. We were shocked! She has always been a little cat. She weighs normally just under 6 lbs. which is little for 15 years old. The vet couldn't find anything physically wrong. She did blood tests and started her on subcutaneous fluids instead of an iv which would mean staying overnight. We thought it best to prevent further stress. We stopped her normal food gave her tuna all day yesterday and she ate all of it. Even drank some water. She looked much better today. Her only sibling has thyroid problems so we were thinking that may be it.
So, the vet called back this morning. She is concerned about her kidneys. Her white blood cell count is high. Her thyroid levels were high. So we started antibiotics once a day to take care of any infection in her kidneys. We are taking her back Sat. morning to get some more subcutaneous fluids in her. This may be ongoing for a week or so depending on how she bounces back. Also, the vet mentioned a special food diet that we will talk about with her on Saturday. I really hope if we do this, Chloe eats it. She is finicky about food.
I got back around 12 with the pill and crushed it and added it to her tuna. She ate it all!! Yayyy for small miracles.
Anyway, I may not be on awhile because this is very hard for me :cry: She is my baby! I don't imagine life without her. So, I will update you as soon as I can. Thanks for listening!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi guys! Been a hard couple of days!! Our cat started acting sluggish on Friday. She stopped eating a lot, not drinking water, and generally just lying around sleeping. She just ate spoonfuls of food at a time. And one week ago, she was running around acting like a healthy, two year old cat. We took her to the vet. She has been doing so well since Dec when we took her for her last visit. She has lost 11 ounces since then. We were shocked! She has always been a little cat. She weighs normally just under 6 lbs. which is little for 15 years old. The vet couldn't find anything physically wrong. She did blood tests and started her on subcutaneous fluids instead of an iv which would mean staying overnight. We thought it best to prevent further stress. We stopped her normal food gave her tuna all day yesterday and she ate all of it. Even drank some water. She looked much better today. Her only sibling has thyroid problems so we were thinking that may be it.
So, the vet called back this morning. She is concerned about her kidneys. Her white blood cell count is high. Her thyroid levels were high. So we started antibiotics once a day to take care of any infection in her kidneys. We are taking her back Sat. morning to get some more subcutaneous fluids in her. This may be ongoing for a week or so depending on how she bounces back. Also, the vet mentioned a special food diet that we will talk about with her on Saturday. I really hope if we do this, Chloe eats it. She is finicky about food.
I got back around 12 with the pill and crushed it and added it to her tuna. She ate it all!! Yayyy for small miracles.
Anyway, I may not be on awhile because this is very hard for me :cry: She is my baby! I don't imagine life without her. So, I will update you as soon as I can. Thanks for listening!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours xoxo

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

Always a friendly ear here. Good luck. My elder kitties will be 17 in May. It's been a long time since we lost their mom, but I remember well how much that hurt.

epcotisbest

Hope she does better. I certainly know how furballs are family members. I still catch myself looking out the window to the little sunny spot where Goadie used to curl up and enjoy the sunshine. She has been gone for awhile now and I still check on her.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Oh, that's not good news. I was hoping that Chloe was over the hump after your last experience with her, and she seemed to rally in due course. It's just awful when your pet is not well, and being a pet owner myself, I realize the emotional impact they can have on you. I hope she pulls through again for another 9 lives.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello 5 LS miles done and I'm going walking with my group this morning:joyfull: I'm not sure how long it's going to be above freezing so we're getting out when even if it's only 2 of us. The boys put another kink in dinner plans and decided they want Chinese for tonight(nothing like having to do extra chopping:cautious:) Now I'm going to have to decide weather to make a spicy sauce or a more subtle sesame one, seeing they changed plans I get to decide:D. Oh well I have a bit of time to decide

epcotisbest

I went to the dentist this morning. Chipped a tooth and also had a filling replaced that was deteriorating. I left there with new X-rays, two new fillings and a wallet $475 lighter, and that was my part after insurance.
But, that is nothing compared to a lawyer in Atlanta helping with a tax matter. He bills at a rate of $800 per hour. Crazy.
Then there is tomorrow...don't even want to think about that.
Just felt like venting I guess.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I went to the dentist this morning. Chipped a tooth and also had a filling replaced that was deteriorating. I left there with new X-rays, two new fillings and a wallet $475 lighter, and that was my part after insurance.
But, that is nothing compared to a lawyer in Atlanta helping with a tax matter. He bills at a rate of $800 per hour. Crazy.
I'm sorry to hear that. OUCH, OUCH and good luck!

Goofyernmost

You should have gone to @MinnieM123 's dentist. It wouldn't have been anymore then $15.00 and they would have thrown in a toothbrush, paste and dental floss. I don't know if she has a tax lawyer. You should check with her. :cool:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You should have gone to @MinnieM123 's dentist. It wouldn't have been anymore then $15.00 and they would have thrown in a toothbrush, paste and dental floss. I don't know if she has a tax lawyer. You should check with her. :cool:

Don't let him confuse you @epcotisbest . I quoted him a dental price (in another thread) from many years ago--how convenient that @Goofyernmost neglected to include that critical piece of billing information in his response to you! :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member

To me, the scariest part of that message above is that your tax guy charges $800 an HOUR??!! Yikes! Might be cheaper to just pay the tax! :jawdrop: :D

Sans Souci

Recipe please. That sounds good:) The boys have requested chick pea loaf this week. I was going to make it tonight but seeing I was stuck inside yesterday I made Rice with bean and chicken and veggies for tonight. Hopefully I'll get some fun things done today.:) Most likely it will be more like cleaning and laundry:cautious:

I can give it to you, but it's made with vital wheat gluten to give it that "meaty" texture. But I googled around and found a gluten-free one for you.

https://windycityvegan.wordpress.com/2011/10/19/gluten-free-chickpea-cutlets/

Sans Souci

I'll be thinking of you and your little Chloe.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Yesterday was a rest day for me. I got back at it today.

I made a chicken curry in my Instant Pot tonight. It was supposed to be "chicken tikka masala," but there was no marinating of chicken in yogurt and spices and grilling it, so I am calling it a generic chicken curry. :)

I am still getting the silent treatment from the person I mentioned the other night. I think it is time to walk away and cut my losses. I don't even know what I did wrong, but I apologized so many times. There is no response. I now visualize this person in footsie pajamas, crying and flailing about on the floor, because that is what the silent treatment is--an adult temper tantrum. It makes me laugh and takes away the sting of the whole situation. :hilarious::D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom