working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
How is she? Did the tests find anything?
Hey Songbird76. She did better yesterday. Her hunch in her back isn't as pronounced. She is moving a bit faster. She can't seem to jump up as high as she did. She makes an effort but can't quite do it. She has missteps occasionally still but not as many. She actually had a mini-energetic walk a couple of times yesterday too. :)
For some reason, she has stopped meowing. She got out a squeak this mornings got but sometimes opens her mouth to meow and nothing comes out.
We are so stressed not knowing what is wrong. I know she is getting older (15) but she has been so healthy.
Her vet is supposed to call and check on her this week. Then, we will decide what we can do next if needed.
Thanks so much for asking about her.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey Songbird76. She did better yesterday. Her hunch in her back isn't as pronounced. She is moving a bit faster. She can't seem to jump up as high as she did. She makes an effort but can't quite do it. She has missteps occasionally still but not as many. She actually had a mini-energetic walk a couple of times yesterday too. :)
For some reason, she has stopped meowing. She got out a squeak this mornings got but sometimes opens her mouth to meow and nothing comes out.
We are so stressed not knowing what is wrong. I know she is getting older (15) but she has been so healthy.
Her vet is supposed to call and check on her this week. Then, we will decide what we can do next if needed.
I hope she's all better soon xoxo

Songbird76

I hope they can help her!! It's so hard with pets because they can't really tell you what's wrong. Same with babies/small children. You just kind of have to guess and hope you find the lucky answer. Good luck. Let us know when the vet calls!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Apple chutney is in one crock pot, mango chutney is in the other, eggplant is defrosting and chick peas are soaking. Guess what's for dinner tomorrow:D

epcotisbest

@93boomer let us know how she is doing please. I know all about how difficult it is nursing an ailing pet. You want to do everything you can for them, yet as others have said, they can't tell you what is wrong. Hope she is better soon.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

So I have mentioned before that I prepare dinner several nights per week. We went out shopping Saturday and stopped at a place called Cost Plus World Market. They have a nice selection of ethnic foods there and I got something called red curry simmer sauce, and some garlic and coriander naan too.
For the simmer sauce you are supposed to add your own meat and just simmer till ready. So, I added some leftover grilled chicken, but of course it still needed something. I took the easy route and just added a can of mixed veggies and some rice. It turned out pretty good served with the naan, but still was missing something.
My wife figured it out...it needed coconut milk to make it more like something from the local Thai restaurant. Oh well, next time. Still good though and different from what I usually make.

curry.jpg curry2.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So I have mentioned before that I prepare dinner several nights per week. We went out shopping Saturday and stopped at a place called Cost Plus World Market. They have a nice selection of ethnic foods there and I got something called red curry simmer sauce, and some garlic and coriander naan too.
For the simmer sauce you are supposed to add your own meat and just simmer till ready. So, I added some leftover grilled chicken, but of course it still needed something. I took the easy route and just added a can of mixed veggies and some rice. It turned out pretty good served with the naan, but still was missing something.
My wife figured it out...it needed coconut milk to make it more like something from the local Thai restaurant. Oh well, next time. Still good though and different from what I usually make.

View attachment 178025 View attachment 178026

That looks tasty!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

View attachment 178025 View attachment 178026
That looks great and you're right coconut milk would help. Here's a little tip to make it even better, buy frozen veggies they have more nutrients and no added salt. just my 2 cents

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning and it's been busy!!!! Apple and mango chutneys are cooling on a rack as well as the chick peas. An Moroccan eggplant dish is in a crock pot and I made blueberries and quinoa in the rice cooker. I also got in JM's ripped in 30. Time to go back to bed LOL No such luck I still have to make a lentil dish(not sure if I'm going to use an Indian or African spice blend), veggie curry and finish the hummus. I also have to make the naan later. Seeing we didn't get any more carp and it's a bit warmer my group is going walking and I have to decorate a sweatshirt for a school dance. wish me luck

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom