working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
So I have mentioned before that I prepare dinner several nights per week. We went out shopping Saturday and stopped at a place called Cost Plus World Market. They have a nice selection of ethnic foods there and I got something called red curry simmer sauce, and some garlic and coriander naan too.
For the simmer sauce you are supposed to add your own meat and just simmer till ready. So, I added some leftover grilled chicken, but of course it still needed something. I took the easy route and just added a can of mixed veggies and some rice. It turned out pretty good served with the naan, but still was missing something.
My wife figured it out...it needed coconut milk to make it more like something from the local Thai restaurant. Oh well, next time. Still good though and different from what I usually make.

View attachment 178025 View attachment 178026
Yummy!!

93boomer

Premium Member
Update on Chloe:
Last evening was a good one!! She started acting more like herself. She likes to play with a string under a piece of tissue wrapping paper. She jumped a few times attacking it! I was so surprised!! She even took off running down the hallway. I had to calmly tell her not to do so much yet. She is walking normal with no missteps or weaving too. The hunchbis gone too. And she meowed 3 times for DH this morning.
She still is not trying to jump up really high. But she had already cut down on that cause she is older. I need to ask the vet if we can give her some of the joint medicine that you sprinkle on food.
So hopefully she has gotten over whatever happened to her. DH still is wondering if she ran into the door jamb and hurt herself. So I am looking at something to pad that today.
I expect to hear from the vet today since it has been 72 hrs. If not, I am calling her too see if we need to X-ray or not. We don't know if it would help tell us what happened or not. We are just happy right now that she has improved 98% from Friday!
I really appreciate all your prayers and pixie dust! It really helps to talk to others. I have been a nervous wreck! Thank you all! Hugs!!! :)

epcotisbest

That looks great and you're right coconut milk would help. Here's a little tip to make it even better, buy frozen veggies they have more nutrients and no added salt. just my 2 cents

Thanks for the tip. I'll add frozen veggies to the shopping list along with coconut milk as we will be having this again. It turned out to be one of those dishes where the flavor is really good compared to the low effort of preparation.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Update on Chloe:
Last evening was a good one!! She started acting more like herself. She likes to play with a string under a piece of tissue wrapping paper. She jumped a few times attacking it! I was so surprised!! She even took off running down the hallway. I had to calmly tell her not to do so much yet. She is walking normal with no missteps or weaving too. The hunchbis gone too. And she meowed 3 times for DH this morning.
She still is not trying to jump up really high. But she had already cut down on that cause she is older. I need to ask the vet if we can give her some of the joint medicine that you sprinkle on food.
So hopefully she has gotten over whatever happened to her. DH still is wondering if she ran into the door jamb and hurt herself. So I am looking at something to pad that today.
I expect to hear from the vet today since it has been 72 hrs. If not, I am calling her too see if we need to X-ray or not. We don't know if it would help tell us what happened or not. We are just happy right now that she has improved 98% from Friday!
I really appreciate all your prayers and pixie dust! It really helps to talk to others. I have been a nervous wreck! Thank you all! Hugs!!! :)
That just made my day:joyfull:

93boomer

Premium Member
Good afternoon! Update on the update! Talked to the vet. She is very pleased with Chloe's progress. It could have been a number of things that caused her problems - mini stroke, lumbar sacral disease, swelling from fall or running into doorway, spinal problem, etc. Since the steroid shot has worked, we are going to just keep an eye on her for the next couple of weeks. The shot lasts 3-4 weeks and will run out then. If her symptoms come back, we will then do a complete body x-ray and blood work to see what the underlying issue is.
Since the last update this morning, she has jumped up on the kitchen counter. So, keeping fingers crossed, we are going to observe. I am also going to start giving her omega 3 capsules and Cosequin for her joints since she is 15. That should help keep her a bit pain free in her legs and help with jumping. :cat:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good afternoon! Update on the update! Talked to the vet. She is very pleased with Chloe's progress. It could have been a number of things that caused her problems - mini stroke, lumbar sacral disease, swelling from fall or running into doorway, spinal problem, etc. Since the steroid shot has worked, we are going to just keep an eye on her for the next couple of weeks. The shot lasts 3-4 weeks and will run out then. If her symptoms come back, we will then do a complete body x-ray and blood work to see what the underlying issue is.
Since the last update this morning, she has jumped up on the kitchen counter. So, keeping fingers crossed, we are going to observe. I am also going to start giving her omega 3 capsules and Cosequin for her joints since she is 15. That should help keep her a bit pain free in her legs and help with jumping. :cat:

This is wonderful news!! :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: (I figured that was a 4 paws up, cat smile for the good news!)

Any of us with pets in the family can understand your fears. We've all been there. For the most part, animals sometimes appear to be on their last legs, so to speak--and then out of the blue--they'll start running around again, as if nothing ever happened. I've been through this scenario a few times with our dogs over the years.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning. I did a dance workout with intervals Fun but.......note to self ff through dance workouts before doing them or make a giant fool of yourself or in my case just a bigger one:hilarious:. We got ice and enough of it to keep me inside for most of today:( so I'll slip in a few short LS inside walks. We still have power and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays on, at least we have left overs:)

Songbird76

Glad things seem to be going well for everyone here! I got called in to work tonight, which is nice because they hadn't scheduled me at all this week and I could use the hours.
Tonight's menu is spaghetti using zucchini as noodles, and stir fried veggies as a side. DD is having a rough time and needs comfort food. Spaghetti is her favorite and we haven't had it in a LONG time. So I thought it might cheer her up a bit.

93boomer

Premium Member
This is wonderful news!! :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: (I figured that was a 4 paws up, cat smile for the good news!)

Any of us with pets in the family can understand your fears. We've all been there. For the most part, animals sometimes appear to be on their last legs, so to speak--and then out of the blue--they'll start running around again, as if nothing ever happened. I've been through this scenario a few times with our dogs over the years.
Thanks for the kind words and concern! :)

93boomer

Premium Member
Good afternoon! Today is a sunny day and a little warmer than yesterday. But that cold weather is coming this weekend! Brrr! I really dread it! Can you tell that I am not a cold-weather kinda girl??
Chloe is doing well today. She is moving around more and more. She still has trouble getting her meows out sometimes. She squeaks or mews very softly when it does come out. Hopefully, in time, it will come back fully. I started her on the cosequin for her joints this morning. Hopefully, that will help her in her old age.
I did get my walking inside yesterday, but as soon as I get through here, I am going for a long walk outside. The rain we got recently really cleared out the skies and put out the fires. It is nice to get outdoors and breathe fresh air again.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good afternoon! Today is a sunny day and a little warmer than yesterday. But that cold weather is coming this weekend! Brrr! I really dread it! Can you tell that I am not a cold-weather kinda girl??
Chloe is doing well today. She is moving around more and more. She still has trouble getting her meows out sometimes. She squeaks or mews very softly when it does come out. Hopefully, in time, it will come back fully. I started her on the cosequin for her joints this morning. Hopefully, that will help her in her old age.
I did get my walking inside yesterday, but as soon as I get through here, I am going for a long walk outside. The rain we got recently really cleared out the skies and put out the fires. It is nice to get outdoors and breathe fresh air again.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! :)
Glad to hear Chloe is getting better by the day. Also feel free the ship all your extra cold weather to @MinnieM123 she actually like it:confused::hilarious::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom