working out for Disney

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Just read the above, and you certainly had to cope with a lot the past few years. No wonder you may have gained a few pounds--it's more than understandable. People do what they have to do, to cope with high stress situations like that. Anyway, I'm so glad that you and your hubs could finally get away, relax, and enjoy each other and the vacation. Now that you're home, just take things a day at a time, and everything will eventually get better.

Thanks for your kind words, @MinnieM123! :)

epcotisbest

Love the hat but WOW, love that necklace more!!!

My son has that same hat!! Good choice!

Too cute!

Totally agree. :)

She has two of those. Don't remember when we got them, but do remember it was at the big World of Disney store at DS a few years ago. Have not seen them again in the store.
The other one is in a silver finish and this one is in a kinda bronze tone. I bet she would not like it if she knew I was posting the pics, but hey, I have some unflattering pics I could be posting and have not, so I guess it will be OK. Hat and necklace...a two for one again.

necklace.jpg

epcotisbest

OK, so I am gonna post my weirdest breakfast concoction yet. Was going to make an omelet and started with some onions and peppers sauteed in olive oil. Oops...since we are leaving soon we ran out of eggs. No omelet so what to do? I know, hash. Got ready to dice some potatoes...oops no potatoes. So what now? OK, drain a can of Rotel tomatoes and peppers, add some diced smoked Spam (yes, sometimes when grilling I toss on some Spam, it gives a good flavor and I have something for sandwiches) and saute some more.
Needed some crunch, and since I am being goofy anyway, I crumble a few Ruffles on top and then drizzle the whole thing with Tiger Sauce.

I hope this does not get my cook card revoked or me banned from this thread.

And...it was really good! Would have been better with some scrambled eggs, but being out of eggs is how this whole thing took shape. Weird? Yes and I have never claimed to not be weird.

spam hash.jpg

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
OK, so I am gonna post my weirdest breakfast concoction yet. Was going to make an omelet and started with some onions and peppers sauteed in olive oil. Oops...since we are leaving soon we ran out of eggs. No omelet so what to do? I know, hash. Got ready to dice some potatoes...oops no potatoes. So what now? OK, drain a can of Rotel tomatoes and peppers, add some diced smoked Spam (yes, sometimes when grilling I toss on some Spam, it gives a good flavor and I have something for sandwiches) and saute some more.
Needed some crunch, and since I am being goofy anyway, I crumble a few Ruffles on top and then drizzle the whole thing with Tiger Sauce.

And...it was really good! Would have been better with some scrambled eggs, but being out of eggs is how this whole thing took shape. Weird? Yes and I have never claimed to not be weird.

View attachment 169404

Remember, this is a judgement-free zone.

and after that breakfast, you sure are lucky that it is!! :joyfull: (I'm teasing, of course!)

Zipadeelady

View attachment 169404
:hungover: I'll give you one for creativity though. :)

epcotisbest

The stinkbug invasion has started. Rolled out the water hose to water some plants before we leave and was greeted by these miserable things. Our little niece that is staying with the dogs while we are away is gonna love these things.

stinkbugs.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

View attachment 169404
Not too shabby! Low carb except for the ruffles, A+ for effort and creativity Looks like something I'd wind up with before heading out grocery shopping, except I'd have smoked tofu in place of the spam:joyfull: I may have to try putting that together:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
The stinkbug invasion has started. Rolled out the water hose to water some plants before we leave and was greeted by these miserable things. Our little niece that is staying with the dogs while we are away is gonna love these things.

View attachment 169458
Yuck! I'm not kidding about citronella plants. A friend only a couple of blocks away has problems with those buggers, no where near as bad as you due to the wonderful bug eating turkeys we have. So far I haven't had a problem. You may also want to look into getting a pet turkey:D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy farm market Saturday and I'm feeling both cold and lazy. Just my day 17 practice wearing Minnie fleece. I have no clue what I want for breakfast but I think @epcotisbest is on to something, THNX for the idea. I have some veggie soup and salad fixings for lunch and I'm making curry for dinner. Not sure what veggies are going in it yet, all depends on how I make out shopping today. I hope all of you have an excellent weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Weird? Yes and I have never claimed to not be weird.

That's why we won't revoke your cook's card. We're all birds of a feather, and the weirder the better! (I get extra weird points for that rhyme, by the way.) :D

I rather like your breakfast concoction--it's very different. Not sure how it tasted, but I'm always intrigued by your creativity with food. Food is kinda like a toy for you--you're always playing around with different combinations! :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, I feel sorta half guilty. Every Friday night, hubs and I go out to a local restaurant. Last night I got a broiled haddock, mashed potatoes and squash. That wasn't bad. Then, I also had a glass of white wine (I rarely drink) for a change.

But the reason I treated myself to a glass was because it was a "choice" over the other options, that I would have far more preferred. This is autumn, and that restaurant always breaks out their delicious pumpkin pancakes (with butter and syrup . . . :hungry:) and they also have great desserts. I bypassed all of that and stuck with the fish dinner and a glass of wine. I figure the wine is around 130 calories that I didn't need; yet, the "alternatives" of what I really wanted, would have been far worse. So, does my choice still put me in dieter's prison, or have I been granted a stay of execution for last night's dinner? o_O

93boomer

Premium Member
So, I feel sorta half guilty. Every Friday night, hubs and I go out to a local restaurant. Last night I got a broiled haddock, mashed potatoes and squash. That wasn't bad. Then, I also had a glass of white wine (I rarely drink) for a change.

But the reason I treated myself to a glass was because it was a "choice" over the other options, that I would have far more preferred. This is autumn, and that restaurant always breaks out their delicious pumpkin pancakes (with butter and syrup . . . :hungry:) and they also have great desserts. I bypassed all of that and stuck with the fish dinner and a glass of wine. I figure the wine is around 130 calories that I didn't need; yet, the "alternatives" of what I really wanted, would have been far worse. So, does my choice still put me in dieter's prison, or have I been granted a stay of execution for last night's dinner? o_O
I vote that you did good!:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

I vote that you did good!:)
^^^^ agreed you did good

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning!! Got word that my DH is finally headed home today!!!!!!!!:D Today will be a great day! Have a good weekend everyone!:)

That's very happy news! The poor guy must be exhausted with all the extra work that he and his coworkers were doing. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to return to your home-cooked meals, and his own bed! (I never sleep well when I'm away, because of a different bed. I'm always glad to get home after a trip, and catch up on sleep! ;) )

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning!! Got word that my DH is finally headed home today!!!!!!!!:D Today will be a great day! Have a good weekend everyone!:)
Excellent news indeed, I hope he gets some much needed sleep and thank him from me for all the good work he did. My dh had to work today to cover for some people who are still down there. At least he has tomorrow off.:joyfull:

93boomer

Premium Member
That's very happy news! The poor guy must be exhausted with all the extra work that he and his coworkers were doing. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to return to your home-cooked meals, and his own bed! (I never sleep well when I'm away, because of a different bed. I'm always glad to get home after a trip, and catch up on sleep! ;) )
Thank you! He got some much-needed sleep and rest. He was glad to be home:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom