working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning!! Had a wonderful weekend so back to normal for us today. DH back to work and I have a hair appointment this morning then grocery shopping this afternoon.
Got that deck finally painted so taking it easy this week. Temps are getting back to warm again. @figmentfan423 you will probably get some warm this week too!:)
Hope everyone had a safe and fun weekend. Have a great day!

Sans Souci

Hello-

I went missing for a bit. I didn't feel so well towards the end of the week, so I just took a little break. But I did get to go to my Philly Mini Magic Meet Up with Tiggerish and AlissaFalco. We went to a couple of restaurants, we saw the sights and we walked a fair bit. It was a wonderful time. I can't wait to go up to NYC to visit them. :)

Anyway, I did a legs circuit today and I went for a walk yesterday. I found a trail head across the street and a few steps down the street. I think I will wait for my husband to come back from his business trip to go walking on it. Not to sound paranoid, but I think it's always a good idea to let someone know your plans.

My husband is in Pittsburgh this week, so I am looking a week of poor sleeping. LOL

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I went missing for a bit. I didn't feel so well towards the end of the week, so I just took a little break. But I did get to go to my Philly Mini Magic Meet Up with Tiggerish and AlissaFalco. We went to a couple of restaurants, we saw the sights and we walked a fair bit. It was a wonderful time. I can't wait to go up to NYC to visit them. :)

Anyway, I did a legs circuit today and I went for a walk yesterday. I found a trail head across the street and a few steps down the street. I think I will wait for my husband to come back from his business trip to go walking on it. Not to sound paranoid, but I think it's always a good idea to let someone know your plans.

My husband is in Pittsburgh this week, so I am looking a week of poor sleeping. LOL
I hope you get some decent sleep! BTW is the light box helping?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning! My dh is still on a bit of a crazy schedule due to Matthew so I'm breaking my workouts into segments so I can fit everything I want in. I got up and spent some quality time with Jessica Smith who can be just as rough as JM but in a more upbeat way. I have to kick my dh out in a few then I can squeeze in day 20 of 30 days of yoga then it's get the boys up and out. OMG I'm going to need that virgin colada this morning LOL With this glorious weather we're having I'm going walking with what's left of our group and hopefully will find some time to just spend outside:joyfull: Enjoy and stay hydrated.

Sans Souci

I hope you get some decent sleep! BTW is the light box helping?

I stopped using it briefly, because I had a hard time getting up at 5:30 AM. I always wake up at 2:30-3 AM and fall back asleep at 5. Boo. But Since Friday, I have been getting up at 5:45 to use it. I just need to commit to waking up that early at the weekend, too. It's not so bad on the week days, but getting up so early on the weekends and having nobody to talk to when I am done is kind of lonely. LOL

Thank you very much for asking. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I stopped using it briefly, because I had a hard time getting up at 5:30 AM. I always wake up at 2:30-3 AM and fall back asleep at 5. Boo. But Since Friday, I have been getting up at 5:45 to use it. I just need to commit to waking up that early at the weekend, too. It's not so bad on the week days, but getting up so early on the weekends and having nobody to talk to when I am done is kind of lonely. LOL

Thank you very much for asking. :)
I like being up before everybody else, great time to get in a work out without anything getting in the way:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just checking in 5 LS miles and because it's so nice out 5 miles outside. Once around the lake with my walking buddies and once by myself just to enjoy what I hope is not the last of decent walking weather. My arms are a bit tight after a double dose of Jessica Smith yesterday so I'm skipping yoga. Seeing I enjoyed so much outside time and tackled mount laundry I'm doing a lazy person curry for dinner. I have a bunch of frozen veggies(mostly from farm market trips) and putting them and lentils in the pressure cooker with a spicy thai spice blend and some coconut milk. Hope it turns out ok LOL Hope you're all enjoying good weather and trying to be healthy

Sans Souci

Hello-

I decided to shake it up a bit today, since I finally unpacked the boxes with all of my hand weights in them. I did a Fitness Blender that was a lower body work out with weights. I kept it a bit light, so I can hopefully walk tomorrow.

My husband flies back tomorrow afternoon, I am looking forward to a good night's sleep. Even though I am sleeping, it's just not as deep as it is when he is here.

Sans Souci

I like being up before everybody else, great time to get in a work out without anything getting in the way:)

I have tried working out early in the AM and I feel so weak. I think I benefit from a meal in my stomach before working out.

When I was in grad school, I had a friend who was training for a half-marathon. She would run at 5 am. She told me she got up at 2:30 AM to eat a bowl of cereal to fuel her run and go back to sleep. I could never get back to sleep if I did that! LOL

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I have tried working out early in the AM and I feel so weak. I think I benefit from a meal in my stomach before working out.

When I was in grad school, I had a friend who was training for a half-marathon. She would run at 5 am. She told me she got up at 2:30 AM to eat a bowl of cereal to fuel her run and go back to sleep. I could never get back to sleep if I did that! LOL

Oh, man, me neither!! Sleep is my most precious commodity lately.

Thankfully, I don't have a problem working out on an empty stomach if its first thing in the morning. Get up, work out, have breakfast works during the spring and summer when I do a 30 minute workout 4x a week. On winter weekends when I do 2x 60 minutes, I have something light beforehand.

93boomer

Premium Member

I can't workout until after lunchtime. Just not loose enough to stretch any earlier.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

I can't workout until after lunchtime. Just not loose enough to stretch any earlier.
I'm not a breakfast person. I know it's the most important meal and all that but even a smoothie before doing some type of exercise feels like a lead weight and then I don't feel up to doing anything. Getting a bit of carbs but not to many before bed seems to be just right for me. I do not suggest trying that as it's against the rules but then again I know I'm weird, maybe it has something to do with my 6 left feet:hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's another wonderful day but with my dh's schedule today it was hard to get anything but 30 minutes with Jessica Smith in before getting him out just as the boys had to get up. At least the weather's great so I managed to get in 6 miles. I'm going to miss all this wonderful warm weather over the weekend:( It's clean out the fridge day so I'm trying to figure out what to do with some cabbage and tofu that needs to get used:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy farm market Saturday and you know it's Saturday because there's almost no food in the house. I took the last of the sweet potatoes, 2 onions, 2 peppers, a couple of apples, 2 cloves of garlic, a can of beans, a dash of pepper and a bit of cinnamon and made hash for the boys. I'm currently doing a 30 day Jessica Smith program and today was full body weights. With the rain no outside time today:( I hope all of you have a great weekend

Sans Souci

Oh, man, me neither!! Sleep is my most precious commodity lately.

Thankfully, I don't have a problem working out on an empty stomach if its first thing in the morning. Get up, work out, have breakfast works during the spring and summer when I do a 30 minute workout 4x a week. On winter weekends when I do 2x 60 minutes, I have something light beforehand.

I am the world's worst sleeper or the world's best insomniac.

I am jealous of people who can workout early with something light. I feel so sick even just going for a walk.

Sans Souci

OK, I guess the last taste of summer has departed. It's rainy and raw here :(

Yesterday, I did an upper body strength training. I kept it light, so I could use my arms today. LOL

Today, I am going to do some lower body pilates. I bought 2 different programs from the Fitness Blender; one is upper body, the other is lower body+ cardio. I just alternate them daily. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
OK, I guess the last taste of summer has departed. It's rainy and raw here :(

Yesterday, I did an upper body strength training. I kept it light, so I could use my arms today. LOL

Today, I am going to do some lower body pilates. I bought 2 different programs from the Fitness Blender; one is upper body, the other is lower body+ cardio. I just alternate them daily. :)
That sounds like fun what programs are they?

Sans Souci

That sounds like fun what programs are they?

They actually have loads of free workouts of You Tube. They are a husband and wife team who create workouts and post them on YT. They sell programs for $10-15 to help keep their content free. I like them because they have a calendar of their website and I plug the program in and it tells me what to do which day. I overanalyze when it comes to selecting a work out, so I like this. They are yours to keep.

Here are all of the programs they sell:
https://www.fitnessblender.com/plans

I am mixing FB Booty 2 with FB Flex, but you can always just go to You Tube and select a workout. There are loads of them. I, personally, find the section overwhelming. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom