working out for Disney

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So here is the chicken salad made from the leftover grilled chicken from the other day. Made for a nice, lighter lunch served with baby carrots, pickles and a few (very few for me) club crackers. Grilled chicken makes for a very flavorful chicken salad.

View attachment 157186

OMG, there he goes again! I'm salivating over your latest picture. I'd even enjoy leftovers if I had your cooking talent. Just curious, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of dressing/spices did you use on the chicken salad? I can't quite make out the details from the photo--is there some diced celery in there, too? I like diced celery. :)

epcotisbest

OMG, there he goes again! I'm salivating over your latest picture. I'd even enjoy leftovers if I had your cooking talent. Just curious, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of dressing/spices did you use on the chicken salad? I can't quite make out the details from the photo--is there some diced celery in there, too? I like diced celery. :)

Thanks for the encouraging words. This chicken salad has diced, smoked chicken, diced onions, chopped, boiled eggs, Wickles Pickles brand relish, mayo, thousand island dressing, some paprika and black pepper. No celery. I do not like raw celery, but strangely, can tolerate it cooked in soups, casseroles, jambalaya etc...
The smokiness of the chicken added a nice flavor twist to the chicken salad.
I smoked some chicken awhile back but not completely cooked through, let it cool then battered and fried it like regular fried chicken until done. That was just stupid good...smoked, fried chicken. Got the idea from a restaurant at Hilton Head Island called "One Hot Mamas." Mine was not as good as hers, but it was quite edible.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks for the encouraging words. This chicken salad has diced, smoked chicken, diced onions, chopped, boiled eggs, Wickles Pickles brand relish, mayo, thousand island dressing, some paprika and black pepper. No celery. I do not like raw celery, but strangely, can tolerate it cooked in soups, casseroles, jambalaya etc...
The smokiness of the chicken added a nice flavor twist to the chicken salad.
I smoked some chicken awhile back but not completely cooked through, let it cool then battered and fried it like regular fried chicken until done. That was just stupid good...smoked, fried chicken. Got the idea from a restaurant at Hilton Head Island called "One Hot Mamas." Mine was not as good as hers, but it was quite edible.

Interesting recipe you used, although I'd exchange your pickles for my diced celery. ;) I would have never thought to add some chopped, hard-boiled egg to the salad either, but that's another cool twist you threw in there. (I've had chopped eggs in potato salad before, but not chicken salad.) You have a way of adding dissimilar items together and making it all work. :hungry:

93boomer

Premium Member
Hello everyone! Just been outside finally finishing up some painting while we have been dry. Now, I need to select the color for my house. It takes me forever to decide. But, I picked up two samples today and I actually like one of them. We will see.:rolleyes:
We have been getting in our walking every evening after dinner which has been nice. Not fighting thunderstorms has been nice for a change. I had to start the week slow and build up. I think I had food poisoning Sat night. Not pretty! But, my DH and I ate the exact same things all day. What is up with that? Anyways, I have been eating everything in sight since then. I am not going to worry about the extra calories since I lost some Sat night. :D
Hope everyone has a gorgeous weekend. DH is on call so hoping those storms stay away and he doesn't have to work. Hope @figmentfan423 is returning home safely and let's us know when she gets back!

Goofyernmost

Interesting recipe you used, although I'd exchange your pickles for my diced celery. ;) I would have never thought to add some chopped, hard-boiled egg to the salad either, but that's another cool twist you threw in there. (I've had chopped eggs in potato salad before, but not chicken salad.) You have a way of adding dissimilar items together and making it all work. :hungry:
It would seem to me that combining eggs with chicken would be as similar a thing as is possible. That is unless, of course, they are Dinosaur eggs or something like that. :confused:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I have been busy unpacking. We moved in Tuesday and my husband left for DC that night. So it's just been me unpacking and making very slow progress. BUT, I did workout yesterday and I am sore today. I found this 12 week program online (they are circuits that change up every 2 weeks), so I'll just do that until I get bored. :p

I haven't been sleeping well, since a) I am in a new house on a somewhat busy street and b) my husband is in DC for work. So, I was in the dead of sleep this morning when I heard this *crash* of glass and my house alarm went off. It jolted me out of my sleep and I wear a sleep mask, so I had no idea what time it was. I thought someone was trying to break in. I grabbed the scissors I had been using in my room to open moving boxes and made my way towards the door. I wanted to see if my son was okay. He opened the door was running around like a chicken with its head cut off and yelling at me to turn the alarm off. It turns out he was making breakfast and he dropped a plate. I then looked at the clock and saw it was coming up on 9 AM. He didn't disarm the alarm and it can recognize the frequency of breaking glass. My heart was racing and I think my adrenal glands pumped out a week's worth of adrenaline. :facepalm::hilarious:

Sans Souci

Chopped eggs are good in tuna salad, too.

Sans Souci

Hello everyone! Just been outside finally finishing up some painting while we have been dry. Now, I need to select the color for my house. It takes me forever to decide. But, I picked up two samples today and I actually like one of them. We will see.:rolleyes:
We have been getting in our walking every evening after dinner which has been nice. Not fighting thunderstorms has been nice for a change. I had to start the week slow and build up. I think I had food poisoning Sat night. Not pretty! But, my DH and I ate the exact same things all day. What is up with that? Anyways, I have been eating everything in sight since then. I am not going to worry about the extra calories since I lost some Sat night. :D
Hope everyone has a gorgeous weekend. DH is on call so hoping those storms stay away and he doesn't have to work. Hope @figmentfan423 is returning home safely and let's us know when she gets back!

I am always ravenous after a stomach virus/food poisoning. I remember I had a stomach virus and afterwards, I was craving a double bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's and I never eat those even when I am well.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ok is it just me or do we need a road trip to @epcotisbest to eat his delicious food?!!

I'm in!! Let's all go -- how about this weekend?

Fred_Flintone_Steak.jpg

epcotisbest

OK, here is the last of the leftover grilled chicken used in an omelet this morning. This was good. My wife said I used too many peppers and onions in it but it is easy to remove the peppers you don't want. She actually ate more of the omelet than she did the blueberry muffin she had to go with it.
So, diced, grilled chicken, diced onions, and jalapeno peppers sauteed in a tiny bit of olive oil, then topped with cheese and salsa and served in the omelet that I whipped up with just a bit of sour cream mixed in to add flavor and texture. No celery in sight.

grilled chicken omelet.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
OK, here is the last of the leftover grilled chicken used in an omelet this morning. This was good. My wife said I used too many peppers and onions in it but it is easy to remove the peppers you don't want. She actually ate more of the omelet than she did the blueberry muffin she had to go with it.
So, diced, grilled chicken, diced onions, and jalapeno peppers sauteed in a tiny bit of olive oil, then topped with cheese and salsa and served in the omelet that I whipped up with just a bit of sour cream mixed in to add flavor and texture. No celery in sight.

View attachment 157506

That looks yummy! Celery would not go with this particular recipe, so I'm letting you off the hook--this time. :D

(I don't eat hot peppers, but I could subsitute diced green peppers.) Actually, when I go out to dinner tonight, I might get the Mexican-style omelette. Your picture inspired my taste buds today! :happy:

epcotisbest

That looks yummy! Celery would not go with this particular recipe, so I'm letting you off the hook--this time. :D

(I don't eat hot peppers, but I could subsitute diced green peppers.) Actually, when I go out to dinner tonight, I might get the Mexican-style omelette. Your picture inspired my taste buds today! :happy:
Yeah, the salsa, onions and jalapeños did add some (ok, a lot) of heat to this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom