working out for Disney

Sans Souci

OK, so I haven't worked out in about 2-2.5 weeks. Tonight, I am checking in with a toning workout, followed by a leg workout that uses the magic ring. It wasn't the most strenuous workout, but it wasn't a cake walk either. I have also been cleaning my house from top to bottom, so it's not like I am a couch potato. Tomorrow, is my last day of cleaning and then the house will ready for the truck to arrive on Tuesday. I can't wait to get out of this hotel!

Oh, and remember the ugly statuary the previous owners said they would remove? Yeah, they didn't. Ugh. Plus, they stopped tending to the yard once they accepted our offer. My yard is an over grown mess right now. That's my next project, though. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
OK, so I haven't worked out in about 2-2.5 weeks. Tonight, I am checking in with a toning workout, followed by a leg workout that uses the magic ring. It wasn't the most strenuous workout, but it wasn't a cake walk either. I have also been cleaning my house from top to bottom, so it's not like I am a couch potato. Tomorrow, is my last day of cleaning and then the house will ready for the truck to arrive on Tuesday. I can't wait to get out of this hotel!

Oh, and remember the ugly statuary the previous owners said they would remove? Yeah, they didn't. Ugh. Plus, they stopped tending to the yard once they accepted our offer. My yard is an over grown mess right now. That's my next project, though. :)
So sorry to hear about the yard. Maybe a yard sale to get rid of the statues

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did an interval treadmill workout in the hotel gym. My stuff arrives tomorrow, so I will have all of my workout equipment. We didn't realize when we viewed the house that there was Pergo and heating/AC in the garage. There was a bunch of photography props when we peeked in the garage. (They ran a photography business out of one side of their house.) So, we decided that would be a gym. It is also wired for sound. I got a little bonus in this move. :)

I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tomorrow night.

Goofyernmost

I'm kinda bummed out. Not that I am a exercise junky, but, over the past few years I have managed to steadily lose 80 pounds by walking and reduced food intake. Lately, something has happened and not only am I not losing weight, I have managed to put 10 lbs. back on. I picked up the walking days and reduced some more of the food intake but, it is not working at all. It's like I have had a complete change in metabolism or something. Then to add insult to injury while playing golf last Monday, near the end of the round, I started to get this sharp pain in my left calf muscle when I walk. I mean real debilitating. I let it rest for a few days and felt that it was gone, then I went out and played golf today and just before the end, it was back with a vengeance. It is very frustrating.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm kinda bummed out. Not that I am a exercise junky, but, over the past few years I have managed to steadily lose 80 pounds by walking and reduced food intake. Lately, something has happened and not only am I not losing weight, I have managed to put 10 lbs. back on. I picked up the walking days and reduced some more of the food intake but, it is not working at all. It's like I have had a complete change in metabolism or something. Then to add insult to injury while playing golf last Monday, near the end of the round, I started to get this sharp pain in my left calf muscle when I walk. I mean real debilitating. I let it rest for a few days and felt that it was gone, then I went out and played golf today and just before the end, it was back with a vengeance. It is very frustrating.

Maybe it will just take a bit longer this time. It makes sense that if you've cut some calories and increased your exercise, your weight is bound to lower in time. It's hard from getting frustrated, though. I've had times when I've lost weight easily, and others when I've struggled to drop every pound. I've read that sometimes it's helpful to drink extra water during the day to flush out your system--supposed to help a bit to fill you up, and also assist in dropping pounds. Don't give up.

epcotisbest

So I grilled some chicken thighs tonight. Served with lima beans, corn and a biscuit, so it was not a low carb night, and I certainly skipped meatless Monday. Made enough to last a couple of days. Will probably make a grilled chicken salad for sandwiches. Chopped, grilled chicken, diced onion, Wickles Pickles relish, some black pepper, mayo and thousand island dressing. Yummm. Grilled chicken salad is good.

thighs2.jpg

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Slept in this morning, because my honey was on the late shift, it was a beautiful day so I thought I'd do a few laps around the park after work, but got out late, but when I got home I did a 30 minute Turbo Scupt workout, so I'm pleased with myself. Made a shrimp and white bean dish for dinner and my after dinner snack is air-popped popcorn.

A good day. :)

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
My hubby's late shifts and non-weekend days off (he works retail) really throw me off. On his late days, I know I'll be spending dinner and afterwards by myself so I tend to not get out of bed on time, which destroys my morning workouts. So on those days, I plan on walking after work and can only hope that the weather and my workload allow me to get some laps in.

epcotisbest

Delicious as usual, but you need larger side portions. Too much plate showing on that plate! ;) :p
I am actually working on portion size and making an effort to not overdo it, but sometimes I go for seconds, which negates the whole portion size effort. My grilling hobby comes with calories. If I enjoyed walking half as much as I enjoy grilling and eating, I would be a slim guy. I am a long way from slim. My wife likes to cook and try new things, so that adds to the calorie count too. It is a constant battle.

epcotisbest

My hubby's late shifts and non-weekend days off (he works retail) really throw me off. On his late days, I know I'll be spending dinner and afterwards by myself so I tend to not get out of bed on time, which destroys my morning workouts. So on those days, I plan on walking after work and can only hope that the weather and my workload allow me to get some laps in.
You can do it! My wife travels a lot and I am often tempted to just grab fast food and hang out on the porch swing while she is gone. Sometimes I do that, but more often try to stick with eating better and walking. I do find myself more motivated when she is here, but part of the losing weight, eating better, trying to keep my sugar numbers down, is for both of us, not just for me, so that is some motivation right there.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
You can do it! My wife travels a lot and I am often tempted to just grab fast food and hang out on the porch swing while she is gone. Sometimes I do that, but more often try to stick with eating better and walking. I do find myself more motivated when she is here, but part of the losing weight, eating better, trying to keep my sugar numbers down, is for both of us, not just for me, so that is some motivation right there.

Eating well is never a problem for me. It's the MOVING AROUND that falls to the back burner. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom