working out for Disney

Sans Souci

It is a nice sunny, yet a bit chilly Saturday here in the south. Going walking at a nearby state park later. Had a roasted veggie lunch and it was very good. The potatoes are for my wife and the rest for both of us. Knowing I can't have those potatoes makes them very tempting, but I resisted. I have grown to really like roasted broccoli dusted with a little bit of spices and crushed red peppers. The carrots and tiny tomatoes made it a little more interesting.

View attachment 129492

This looks delicious, how do you season them?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning yesterday was so calming. I did a morning, noon and evening practice and found time for a face mask and bath. I even found some time to watch a bit of both the kitten and puppy bowl. I did not watch the super bowl. because i didn't want to stress myself in any way. That and my team wasn't in it. I got most of my cooking done before anybody else got up and my men just heated food when they were hungry. Oh well back to real life today, at least it's warm enough to walk for a bit. I'm hoping both groups go out.:joyfull:

epcotisbest

Giving up biscuits, hashbrowns, pancakes etc...is difficult. I am a big breakfast fan and have been trying to keep it interesting. Here is a simple omelette I made this morning with some leftover taco meat, peppers, onions, cheese and topped with more peppers and hot sauce. A little spicy, but not boring. To keep the carbs down I have to try for variety. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

omelette.jpg

Goofyernmost

12657945_10153979959008060_3154226189886904236_o.jpg

I saw this on Facebook and new immediately that it totally summed up my feelings!

epcotisbest

I like my morning coffee. OK, Kcups and not real coffee but I like my coffee weak anyway. Giving up sugar in the coffee was a big change. Still a bit concerned about the environmental costs using kcups, but that is something I am betting will be resolved in the future.
I do like a variety.

coffee.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I like my morning coffee. OK, Kcups and not real coffee but I like my coffee weak anyway. Giving up sugar in the coffee was a big change. Still a bit concerned about the environmental costs using kcups, but that is something I am betting will be resolved in the future.
I do like a variety.

View attachment 129680
My dh found a few reusable ones in his Christmas stocking. That way he can make the coffee the way he likes at work

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
No snow and it got up into the 40s , so I got out with both groups 3 miles and then out by myself for 2 more. I figured get out while I still can. i also got some upper body in early this morning. Now if it snows I'm going to tell my boys i did upper body so those muscles have to rest:D

Sans Souci

Hello,
I am checking in with a lower body workout. Lots of squats and lunges and then a torturous segment with ankle weights. :'(
I'm getting ready to make a stir-fry shortly. Where do you get the reusable k-cups? My husband bought a Nespresso Pixie when we were living in London, but I hate all the waste, so I don't use it (that and it seems like it "struggles" when it makes the coffee, I probably need a transformer or something.). But I would use it if I didn't have to create all that waste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom