working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Now I would pay to see that video!
It rained like a fool here yesterday morning, then drizzle the rest of the day, but supposed to be sunny today and for the rest of the weekend so no excuse for me to not walk.
Look at it this way, you'll get to enjoy some nice weather and burn a few calories. That's a big win, win in my book. ENJOY!

epcotisbest

This morning's lower carb breakfast scramble. Leftover smoked brats, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and eggs, drizzled with a bit of hot sauce. Not a biscuit, pancake or hashbrowns anywhere near my breakfast lately so I have to have variety to keep from getting bored.

Breakfast scramble.jpg

Goofyernmost

Why is it that so many people are so concerned about carbs, but, are loading up on cholesterol. Just looking at those pictures I can hear my artery's close up. Your bodies may look good... but, you'll be dead anyway so it doesn't really matter. Once again, so that no one thinks I am criticizing them personally... it's a general thought that covers the situation not the individuals on this board.
Necessarily! ;)

epcotisbest

Why is it that so many people are so concerned about carbs, but, are loading up on cholesterol. Just looking at those pictures I can hear my artery's close up. Your bodies may look good... but, you'll be dead anyway so it doesn't really matter. Once again, so that no one thinks I am criticizing them personally... it's a general thought that covers the situation not the individuals on this board.
Necessarily! ;)
In my case it is doctor's orders as I am type 2 diabetic and my sugar numbers are way too high and I have to eat low carb. The body converts carbs to glucose and sugar numbers spike. I do eat the good carbs like veggies and some fruit, but am staying away from refined carbs trying to get the sugar number and A1C down to acceptable levels.
Oh, and my body has not looked good in 30 or more years so it is a little late to worry about that. Now the dead part has me concerned...so I am trying to do something about that part.
Not taking anything personally...just passing along what I am doing to try to make it to 60. I appreciate the concern regarding cholesterol. Those numbers are not nearly as bad as the sugar...right now I am a walking Krispy Kreme donut.

Goofyernmost

In my case it is doctor's orders as I am type 2 diabetic and my sugar numbers are way too high and I have to eat low carb. The body converts carbs to glucose and sugar numbers spike. I do eat the good carbs like veggies and some fruit, but am staying away from refined carbs trying to get the sugar number and A1C down to acceptable levels.
Oh, and my body has not looked good in 30 or more years so it is a little late to worry about that. Now the dead part has me concerned...so I am trying to do something about that part.
Not taking anything personally...just passing along what I am doing to try to make it to 60. I appreciate the concern regarding cholesterol. Those numbers are not nearly as bad as the sugar...right now I am a walking Krispy Kreme donut.
Well now, there is a good reason. Like I said, it is not intended for individual medical requirements, just the general concept that low/no carb diets are healthy. They may be in one area, but, the other possibilities are equally as scary.

epcotisbest

Well now, there is a good reason. Like I said, it is not intended for individual medical requirements, just the general concept that low/no carb diets are healthy. They may be in one area, but, the other possibilities are equally as scary.
Strangely, according to the nutritionist at the doctor's office I go to, cutting back the carbs significantly will help in lowering cholesterol and triglyceride numbers too. Seems contradictory, but we'll see when I have labs done in April.

Goofyernmost

Strangely, according to the nutritionist at the doctor's office I go to, cutting back the carbs significantly will help in lowering cholesterol and triglyceride numbers too. Seems contradictory, but we'll see when I have labs done in April.
Therein lies the rub... our own bodies create Cholesterol and everyone has a different reaction to ingesting cholesterol. My fathers numbers where always low, (around 80) yet he died of a heart attack, my mothers was always in the 300's and had no circulatory problems. That said, some are prone to building up the levels of the bad stuff via red meats, eggs and so on.

My daughter went on an almost no carb diet and I begged her to monitor her levels. To my knowledge she has never done that even though she eats so much red meat that if she walks past a pasture the cows run to the other end. My concern is mostly that civilization survived on carbs since the beginning of time. It's required for muscle growth and energy. My daughter may appear very healthy on the outside, but, she is always tired, always has headaches and has a cold about every other week. How much that has to do with lack of carbs I don't really know, but, I am suspicious.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Therein lies the rub... our own bodies create Cholesterol and everyone has a different reaction to ingesting cholesterol. My fathers numbers where always low, (around 80) yet he died of a heart attack, my mothers was always in the 300's and had no circulatory problems. That said, some are prone to building up the levels of the bad stuff via red meats, eggs and so on.

My daughter went on an almost no carb diet and I begged her to monitor her levels. To my knowledge she has never done that even though she eats so much red meat that if she walks past a pasture the cows run to the other end. My concern is mostly that civilization survived on carbs since the beginning of time. It's required for muscle growth and energy. My daughter may appear very healthy on the outside, but, she is always tired, always has headaches and has a cold about every other week. How much that has to do with lack of carbs I don't really know, but, I am suspicious.

My grandmother told us, "Eat everything, but in moderation." That's good advice for most people, I think.

(Note: People with specific medical issues, however, need to follow what their doctor or nutritionist tells them.) Different people have different needs, so I also wanted to make that clear.

Sans Souci

Good evening.

Checking in with a lower body work out from the streaming site I had been paying for and not using for a few months. :O I'm definitely correcting that now. I need to get my steps back up to 10K/day. I don't get a lot of steps in these workouts, but I think I will try to get out for a walk tomorrow.

Re: carbs. I put on weight if I eat too many. I do eat carbs, like brown rice and wholemeal bread. But if I eat a sandwich made with bread, I will make the cauliflower "rice" for dinner. I don't eat a lot of red meat, but I do eat lean proteins, like chicken or turkey breast and tuna. I do eat 2 eggs most days for breakfast, but again, I try to balance that with having a grilled chicken salad with dark greens for lunch. I don't have a model's body or anything close to that, but I feel better when I eat like this.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning another early morning so LS's 5 advanced miles. The weather is borderline so the early walkers will go(we go barring really bad weather) the distance may be in question as will the later group going at all. The later group is a bit wimpier. The word wimp coming from me means something LOL. Have a great day and try and bring some balance to the force

Sans Souci

Happy Friday!

I'm checking in with a lower body work out.

Annnnd...my husband has an interview in Philadelphia on Thursday and another in San Antonio the week after, so things are starting to pop for him. I am still holding hope for London and interest is starting to happen on that front, too.

Have a great weekend, fitness peeps. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy Friday!

I'm checking in with a lower body work out.

Annnnd...my husband has an interview in Philadelphia on Thursday and another in San Antonio the week after, so things are starting to pop for him. I am still holding hope for London and interest is starting to happen on that front, too.

Have a great weekend, fitness peeps. :)
CONGRATS on all fronts!

epcotisbest

It is a nice sunny, yet a bit chilly Saturday here in the south. Going walking at a nearby state park later. Had a roasted veggie lunch and it was very good. The potatoes are for my wife and the rest for both of us. Knowing I can't have those potatoes makes them very tempting, but I resisted. I have grown to really like roasted broccoli dusted with a little bit of spices and crushed red peppers. The carrots and tiny tomatoes made it a little more interesting.

roasted veggies2.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
It is a nice sunny, yet a bit chilly Saturday here in the south. Going walking at a nearby state park later. Had a roasted veggie lunch and it was very good. The potatoes are for my wife and the rest for both of us. Knowing I can't have those potatoes makes them very tempting, but I resisted. I have grown to really like roasted broccoli dusted with a little bit of spices and crushed red peppers. The carrots and tiny tomatoes made it a little more interesting.

View attachment 129492
that looks good when I get back I'm going to roast some veggies. THNX for a great idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom