working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tonight's dinner eggplant parm. I'm baking the eggplant lightly brushed with a bit of olive oil instead of breading and frying, keeping it low carb and lower fat. One tray with reduced fat cheese and one with nondairy. I'm serving it with salad and squash noodles. except for my stick figure of a ds, he gets regular gf pasta.

Sans Souci

Hi,

I am checking in with the same lower body I did the other day. It had the dreaded ankle weight segment. LOL Maybe I won't be so sore tomorrow. My husband had a job interview with the OCC outside of Philly today. He said it was the hardest interview he's ever had. I am holding out hope for London. Things are starting to happen on that front, so it's still a good possibility. :)

Sans Souci

Tonight's dinner eggplant parm. I'm baking the eggplant lightly brushed with a bit of olive oil instead of breading and frying, keeping it low carb and lower fat. One tray with reduced fat cheese and one with nondairy. I'm serving it with salad and squash noodles. except for my stick figure of a ds, he gets regular gf pasta.

I used to make a vegan ricotta (the Italian in me cringes) out of cashews, tofu and nutritional yeast. I also used to make a cashew cream and use it in Mexican dishes. That was good, but then I love cashews. I am thinking of going veggie again.

Sans Souci

Wouldn't that be about the same as building a steel building out of balsa wood? It may look the same, but, it ain't no steel building.:joyfull:

No, you're right; it's not. Lol But I make it every now and again as a lighter sandwich filling. I think tofu is a polarizing food. I don't mind it. I never was a big meat eater, even as a child. I can totally appreciate that most people don't care for it (to put it mildly). ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi,

I am checking in with the same lower body I did the other day. It had the dreaded ankle weight segment. LOL Maybe I won't be so sore tomorrow. My husband had a job interview with the OCC outside of Philly today. He said it was the hardest interview he's ever had. I am holding out hope for London. Things are starting to happen on that front, so it's still a good possibility. :)
Sending pixie dust. Sometimes a hard interview is a good thing. You can never tell.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I used to make a vegan ricotta (the Italian in me cringes) out of cashews, tofu and nutritional yeast. I also used to make a cashew cream and use it in Mexican dishes. That was good, but then I love cashews. I am thinking of going veggie again.
There's a very easy way to decide. What type of diet does your body do best on. It sounds easy but only you know your body. I do extremely well being vegan (I count nothing and am for the most part extremely healthy and at a decent weight sure I'd like to tweak a few things but am mostly happy) @epcotisbest does well going low carb. Only you know you. Good luck

MinnieM123

Premium Member
No, you're right; it's not. Lol But I make it every now and again as a lighter sandwich filling. I think tofu is a polarizing food. I don't mind it. I never was a big meat eater, even as a child. I can totally appreciate that most people don't care for it (to put it mildly). ;)

I'm not vegetarian, but I do like tofu. I think it's a very diverse food, because it can take on the flavors of whatever you put it with, unless you just eat it plain. I like it sometimes cut up into a salad, if I eat it plain. Sometimes, bland foods appeal to me. But I also like it in savory stir-fry dishes, for example. Tofu cheesecake is good, too!! (I'm not sure I'd like it as an egg salad substitute in a sandwich, though. ;) Gotta draw the line somewhere!)

I wish your husband well in his job search. Sending some pixie dust to the both of you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom