Will I be terminated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyboy97o

Why do I have a feeling he isn't kidding about going public with this? I live in SoCal as well so I'm getting my popcorn ready.
Technically he has gone public. This site is read by people who, if they thought it was a real story, could make it a bigger story.

mousehockey37

Why do I have a feeling he isn't kidding about going public with this? I live in SoCal as well so I'm getting my popcorn ready.

I'm getting the popcorn for YOUR story. Hiding info from supervisors, letting people steal and stuff... OP said that the Disney people are on here, it's only a matter of time until they track you down....

You can save the popcorn. There's nothing with which to go public.

"Dear The Public,

I was fired from my job because I made a royal bafoon of myself.

Sincerely,
Me"

No journalist is going to embarrass himself by reporting on this, no matter how easy a target TWDC is.

BINGO!!!!

I did something wrong, very wrong, that anyone else would be let go for as well, but I have _________ so it's not my fault. *insert Maury/Springer guest voice* But chu don't know me!!! How dare they fire me... I went for help, but bailed on it cause I couldn't take Tums, Immodium or whatever and stay off the toilet... Now I think I'll just go into the union office and they'll take care of me, yet I want sweet revenge that I secretly say I'm not asking for... So TV people, please help me in my pursuit of a career in entertainment...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Are you still buying what he's selling? Because there's plenty of people out there willing to sell you quality swampland or deeds to the Brooklyn Bridge. Time to move on from his particular brand of b#ll#cks....

mousehockey37

Are you still buying what he's selling? Because there's plenty of people out there willing to sell you quality swampland or deeds to the Brooklyn Bridge. Time to move on from his particular brand of b#ll#cks....

Like I said, she's building up her own story here... Most (if not all) companies have phone numbers in place that you can call and report the things that she is describing and can do so anonymously, if you do not wish to be identified. It all remains confidential and there's no fear of retaliation or loss of employment by calling said number(s)...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Like I said, she's building up her own story here... Most (if not all) companies have phone numbers in place that you can call and report the things that she is describing and can do so anonymously, if you do not wish to be identified. It all remains confidential and there's no fear of retaliation or loss of employment by calling said number(s)...
Perhaps, but I find them both to be full of....

mouse_luv

You guys completely missed my point and this will probably be the final post i'm making in this thread because the plot is now lost.

When a cast member is backstage, which according to the OP is where this dillema took place, the rules can be bended and they don't have to be perfect sometimes. When you are onstage in front of guests, that's different.

To my knowledge, I have snitched and reported something suspicious once and I learned my lesson to understand good things come to good people, and bad things go to bad people.

I saw two cast members a couple, one was still on shift, the other one wasn't. The male who was WORKING IN MY RESTAURANT in QSFB in back of the house which is the kitchen and grill section, was still working, and the female just finished her shift, she was a concierge at the Grand Californian. The woman while backstage in her costume, went into our restaurant, and began to have some intimate time with the male who was still on the clock but it was kinda slow, it wasn't a rush. Still in her costume, she's hanging out in our work area for like a half an hour or so. I knew that this wasn't allowed.

I just told my lead about it and she said she would foward it to the hotel managers. I seen that girl numerous times after reporting this, she still comes over to the QSFB break room during before and after her shifts, and she is still together with this man. So my complaint went unnoticed.

Ever since then I just rolled with the punches. I'm strictly as disney for resume reasons and I want to start my own business someday and I'm just taking all of this as food for thought.

Disney picks and chooses how they deal with certain situations, and I wouldn't have don't what the OP did, I just understand his frustrations and what he did really wasn't that big of deal and shouldn't have been more than just reprimand, rather than a termination.

You all have a bleessed day. :)

:banghead::banghead::banghead::rolleyes:

mousehockey37

You guys completely missed my point and this will probably be the final post i'm making in this thread because the plot is now lost.

When a cast member is backstage, which according to the OP is where this dillema took place, the rules can be bended and they don't have to be perfect sometimes. When you are onstage in front of guests, that's different.

To my knowledge, I have snitched and reported something suspicious once and I learned my lesson to understand good things come to good people, and bad things go to bad people.

I saw two cast members a couple, one was still on shift, the other one wasn't. The male who was WORKING IN MY RESTAURANT in QSFB in back of the house which is the kitchen and grill section, was still working, and the female just finished her shift, she was a concierge at the Grand Californian. The woman while backstage in her costume, went into our restaurant, and began to have some intimate time with the male who was still on the clock but it was kinda slow, it wasn't a rush. Still in her costume, she's hanging out in our work area for like a half an hour or so. I knew that this wasn't allowed.

I just told my lead about it and she said she would foward it to the hotel managers. I seen that girl numerous times after reporting this, she still comes over to the QSFB break room during before and after her shifts, and she is still together with this man. So my complaint went unnoticed.

Ever since then I just rolled with the punches. I'm strictly as disney for resume reasons and I want to start my own business someday and I'm just taking all of this as food for thought.

Disney picks and chooses how they deal with certain situations, and I wouldn't have don't what the OP did, I just understand his frustrations and what he did really wasn't that big of deal and shouldn't have been more than just reprimand, rather than a termination.

Uh, well, to YOUR KNOWLEDGE it went unnoticed... Just because they didn't come on a Disney Forum blasting about how they possibly were scolded, doesn't mean they weren't reprimanded.

So if you're with Disney for resume reasons, and you want to start your own company.... will you go to the CEO of your own company and complain when you don't get the job you want because your resume wasn't good enough?

lazyboy97o

You really think going into specifics about your job is a good idea after this?

Had he just said "Sorry, I'm new and a bit lost" a reprimand would have made sense. You seem to be ignoring the whole saga and duplicity that followed.

mousehockey37

You really think going into specifics about your job is a good idea after this?

Had he just said "Sorry, I'm new and a bit lost" a reprimand would have made sense. You seem to be ignoring the whole saga and duplicity that followed.

Heck, I even said way back that... if you get lost... GO BACK TO WHERE YOU STARTED!!! Ask someone there how to get out... Instead, he played Let's Make A Deal, and he picked the wrong door... He got Zonked by Disney.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

And perhaps they could have as well in the OP's situation. If he hadn't ran. But I suppose that level of personal responsibility in this situation is lost among the disrespect towards moderators and threats to sue TWDC....

mousehockey37

This thread gets better each day I read it.

That's what the Disney HR team says when they come on and see their current and recently ex-CMs spewing all sorts of information that shouldn't necessarily be being shared with the public. But yet, these people want to get rehired or think they can just let things go unnoticed in the future because their first reports weren't acted upon, from their knowledge.

It's all just more evidence that comes up when Disney is sitting in the appeals hearing for unemployment compensation because Disney has more than enough information to keep them from getting anything they pay in.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That's what the Disney HR team says when they come on and see their current and recently ex-CMs spewing all sorts of information that shouldn't necessarily be being shared with the public. But yet, these people want to get rehired or think they can just let things go unnoticed in the future because their first reports weren't acted upon, from their knowledge.

It's all just more evidence that comes up when Disney is sitting in the appeals hearing for unemployment compensation because Disney has more than enough information to keep them from getting anything they pay in.
Just to clarify one point...unemployment (FUTA and SUTA) are 100% paid by the employer, not the employee. The employer os required to pay a percentage of their total payroll to the unemployment funds.

You may have already known that, but I am posting because too often people think they are entitled to unemployment because they "paid into it".

They didnt.

mousehockey37

Just to clarify one point...unemployment (FUTA and SUTA) are 100% paid by the employer, not the employee. The employer os required to pay a percentage of their total payroll to the unemployment funds.

You may have already known that, but I am posting because too often people think they are entitled to unemployment because they "paid into it".

They didnt.

Well, he was there for about 2 weeks, so he wasn't there long enough, and if he does somehow manage to qualify for it, Disney has what they need to block his funds and no appeal will undo it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well, he was there for about 2 weeks, so he wasn't there long enough, and if he does somehow manage to qualify for it, Disney has what they need to block his funds and no appeal will undo it.
Doubtful, yeah. For FL it's 3,400 in a quarter, and for Cali it's a bit more complex. You have to have earned more than 900 in a quarter AND your total earnings need to have been 1,250 within the base period (1 year) and you have to have worked at least 2 quarters (6 months)...or, if you made at least 1,300 you immediately qualify (assuming the employer doesn't fight the application...).

And again, he paid nothing in. The employer pays for all FUTA/SUTA out of their own pocket (it's not even calculated per employee, it's based on total payroll). If you employ 2 people making 50k each pretax, you (the employer) will pay in the same percentage as if you employed 4 people making 25k each pretax.

mousehockey37

Doubtful, yeah. For FL it's 3,400 in a quarter, and for Cali it's a bit more complex. You have to have earned more than 900 in a quarter AND your total earnings need to have been 1,250 within the base period (1 year) and you have to have worked at least 2 quarters (6 months)...or, if you made at least 1,300 you immediately qualify (assuming the employer doesn't fight the application...).

I know there a host of reasons that employers could use when having to defend blocking UE, and this guy isn't doing himself any favors.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I know there a host of reasons that employers could use when having to defend blocking UE, and this guy isn't doing himself any favors.
No, he isn't. Though, Disney probably wouldn't even need to bring up this thread. Missing the meeting was enough, even if he could claim (which he can't).

lazyboy97o

This is sad. This is what America has become? Making fun of a black austistic man, that's trying to work and do something wiith his life? Y'all representing Disney too? I don't know man. For real, scouts honor my last post.

I honestly don't blame him one bit. He ran because he was in a paranoid sate of mind due to his autism. If he complied, and didn't run, they probably would have still let him go anyways as curiosity killed the cat.

And nobody I know has ever gotten rehired at Disney once they were let ago for reasons other than two weeks notices due to illness or family deaths or other circumstances. Can you imagine going through traditions again and thinking in the back of your mind, "I was originally hired here, but I walked in an area that I shouldn't have so I was fired" lol.

I remember on Micechat a guy got fired for simply drinking a melted root beer float that was paid for but the customer never claimed after hours. So Disney does mess up in some cases like this one, it's just people reach their breaking point.

All through your life being told no, or being refused. Having a disability, being oppresed on. I don't know, I just have to pray about crap like this. :)
You seem to have serious issues with paying attention and comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom