Will I be terminated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mom

Premium Member
Another last thing, I still don't see what I did wrong. If I messed up I would be the first person to own up to it. It's only natural to defend yourself against something in which you did nothing wrong.

And this is your problem, and why you were terminated. Even after people here have pointed out exactly what you did wrong, you still don't get it. You DID mess up. Getting lost was a minor mistake that could happen to anyone. An inappropriate answer and running was wrong. "Defending" yourself only made the situation worse. Trying to reschedule a mandatory meeting only made things worse. Posting on a message board made things worse.

How many CMs do you think walked into a backstage area where they didn't belong, made a "funny" comment, and then ran until detained by security recently? Of course they knew who had posted!

If you don't return the costume, you will be adding another error which might hurt future employment.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Girl please. I seen with my own eyes CM's backstage with nametags on and everything steal money and take home food and drinks, property, props, fastpasses and merchandise that was not paid for. Play pranks, post pictures of themselves in backstage areas with their camera phone. Have entry level and some cps, kiss, make out, grope and spoon managers and leads. I haven't said anything, because I know I'm a new hire and they can get away from crap like that.

Oy vey. We are doomed.

lazyboy97o

which for all intensive purposes I could be making up, but I'm not.
This, this right here is what you keep doing wrong. Nobody knows when you are telling the truth or not. I understand you may not fully realize this, but to most people it just makes you look like a habitual liar. You were not upfront and honest when you got lost. You were not upfront and honest with us. It makes you look like a manipulative liar what you think people want to here. I cannot say to what degree you don't understand because that is how autism affects people, but how your actions are perceived is a reality you are going to have to handle in any job moving forward.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Girl please. I seen with my own eyes CM's backstage with nametags on and everything steal money and take home food and drinks, property, props, fastpasses and merchandise that was not paid for. Play pranks, post pictures of themselves in backstage areas with their camera phone. Have entry level and some cps, kiss, make out, grope and spoon managers and leads. I haven't said anything, because I know I'm a new hire and they can get away from crap like that

It's just politics. I myself, and can only speak for myself, know what he did wasn't right, but after he explained he was disabled, and how if he weren't on probation would easily get his position back, I can see why he's upset as Cm's who did what I mentioned whether they were new or not, usually did not get fired yet got coachings.

My thing is I rather he make his mind up. Either he fights this, or he moves on. He can't be in the middle, "I got stomachache. I'll call them tomorow. My phone broke". He cant rebel and not give the costume back either and be a keyboard warrior.

I do hope the best for him.
Girl, please? Nothing like a dash of respect....

And how is it politics? Because he threw out the autism card after the fact? Sorry, but that's akin to someone claiming to have been diagnosed with kleptomania after being fired for shoplifting. Too little, too late. All he had to do was stay and explain himself. He ran, and paid the penalty. That's all this discussion boils down to....

seahawk7

Girl, please? Nothing like a dash of respect....

And how is it politics? Because he threw out the autism card after the fact? Sorry, but that's akin to someone claiming to have been diagnosed with kleptomania after being fired for shoplifting. Too little, too late. All he had to do was stay and explain himself. He ran, and paid the penalty. That's all this discussion boils down to....
Two things:
1.) It's not for all intensive purposes. The correct phrase is for all intents and purposes.
2.) It's pretty rude to address The Mom (a highly respected member and moderator here) as "Girl".
I was shocked when I saw "girl please" in referring to The Mom. I would never address the moderator like that when I was young. @Danielia, please learn how to show respect to those in authority.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The social media component is new. Many of my peers are slaves to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Those arenas allow people to portray a perfected, curated image of themselves. If all of your friends have hollow, empty lives but present themselves as fabulous and glamorous on social media, you're more likely to feel envy and self-loathing for what you know to be your own hollow life. (None of this is an excuse. People need to turn off their phones and do some work.)
Preach!:D

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
The social media component is new. Many of my peers are slaves to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Those arenas allow people to portray a perfected, curated image of themselves. If all of your friends have hollow, empty lives but present themselves as fabulous and glamorous on social media, you're more likely to feel envy and self-loathing for what you know to be your own hollow life. (None of this is an excuse. People need to turn off their phones and do some work.)
So, I see you follow me on social media... :cautious:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
S7NIldX.jpg

mousehockey37

Girl please. I seen with my own eyes CM's backstage with nametags on and everything steal money and take home food and drinks, property, props, fastpasses and merchandise that was not paid for. Play pranks, post pictures of themselves in backstage areas with their camera phone. Have entry level and some cps, kiss, make out, grope and spoon managers and leads. I haven't said anything, because I know I'm a new hire and they can get away from crap like that.

So you've witnessed ALL of this and haven't said a word? You're just as guilty as those doing the acts then. It doesn't matter if you've been there 10 minutes, days or years, wrong is wrong, turn'em in. OP said that they knew about this thread, well, they know about you too now... I'd start making a list and making good on it, otherwise, you're gonna wind up getting "promoted to customer" like the OP did.

It's just politics. I myself, and can only speak for myself, know what he did wasn't right, but after he explained he was disabled, and how if he weren't on probation would easily get his position back, I can see why he's upset as Cm's who did what I mentioned whether they were new or not, usually did not get fired yet got coachings.

It's not politics, it's the rules. He did something forgivable, gave a stupid answer, ran and got fired for it. Seems pretty clear cut and simple to me.

I made that up because I had a feeling that disney would read these forums, thinking that I was defaming their company. When they brought that up in a follow up meeting I attended in person backstage to go over my statement, shortly after I had made that post, that gave me reassurance that they did read this forum.

So why in heaven's name are you still posting? You possibly want to be rehired, but yet, you keep coming back? If you've ever heard the phrase "Quit while you're ahead".. yeah, that applies here, but you're in so deep now, you might as well say you put the final nail in the coffin and you buried your chance of working for Disney again by continuing with updating us on this forum (if they told you they knew about it, they're keeping an eye on it to see what you blab and say that is Disney Confidential "aka between you and Disney").

They shouldn't assume that I was the same person that made that post. I never gave work locations, names, or anything that would pin point me as this person. So they just automatically assumed that was me and changed the story to that of what was mentioned in this thread, which for all intensive purposes I could be making up, but I'm not.

So it wasn't you that made the post, but it was you, and they caught you on it, so you're trying to lie and say it wasn't you but then admit it was you... :cautious:

That's the next thing, aside from the mickey mouse comment, everything I mentioned is the truth and exactly happened. Yes it's correct that I wanted to reschedule the "we need you to turn your things in" (which let's not kid ourselves, was a meeting to tell me they were letting me go) meeting which was about a week after my first meeting. When I tried to do that, I was just given voice mail prompts and I left messages which were never returned.

I got a letter in the mail last week informing me that I was terminated, so I soon tried to contact my union. After speaking with a union member for my department, we agreed on a date which was the following day I spoke with them on the phone. I fell ill, so I was unable to attend. I personally left voice mails on this persons phone which were not returned.

But now thinking about it, I could just walk into the union office myself and explain the situation to them, and get represented at a later date. But as some of you said, I was under probation so all of this could be irelevant.

So you didn't make meetings, had lackluster excuses, couldn't pry yourself off the toilet but you "tried to call"... Yeah, they have every right and reason not to call you back. Even when you had a meeting with the union, you couldn't make it. HEELLLO??? People were almost willing to help you and you couldn't do YOUR part in showing up.
You just want to walk into the union office? o_Oo_Oo_O YOU'RE NOT GETTING ANYTHING FROM THEM NOW!!!!! The guy who wanted to help you doesn't have time for your games!!!! He's got people to train and a union to represent. One that you aren't a part of. You were terminated, you're done, there's no going back.

I did speak with one of my managers on a whim I think early last week, and they basically stood by their decision and felt my termination was justified and that I would need to speak with HR which I am contemplating doing now.

Don't. Just don't. Do not call, do not speak, do not do anything. If you value any sense of dignity they may see in you (which is probably 0 right now), don't do anything.

I also got another letter today telling me I have ten days to return my costumes and other company property, or else it would affect my rehire status which I thought was already restricted.

I find it sad that they have an FAQ section on the letter, and it says "If you are not able to return the costumes yourself, you can get a friend or family member who works for disney to return them." Smh.

Stop shaking your head, you stated earlier in the thread you didn't know about getting the costumes back, I believe. Well, they told you how to do it. Find someone who you know that works there and give the stuff to them. Put all of it in a bag with your name on it and tell them to turn it in.

Another last thing, I still don't see what I did wrong. If I messed up I would be the first person to own up to it. It's only natural to defend yourself against something in which you did nothing wrong.

You RAN AWAY after being confronted in a situation where you opened a door to an attraction where people were actively engaged on the ride. How is that acceptable behavior?

Oh and people kept mentioning how I want to get even with the company. Not at all, revenge is a dish best served cold. I'm going to worry about myself and try to live my life for myself.

So if revenge is a dish best served cold, you've just stated that you're wanting to get revenge. Congrats, you're more than likely never working for Disney again.

CaptainAmerica

Why do I have a feeling he isn't kidding about going public with this? I live in SoCal as well so I'm getting my popcorn ready.
You can save the popcorn. There's nothing with which to go public.

"Dear The Public,

I was fired from my job because I made a royal buffoon of myself.

Sincerely,
Me"

No journalist is going to embarrass himself by reporting on this, no matter how easy a target TWDC is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom