Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

Jon81uk

Cubs Den is still there.

Yes and Reunion Station hasn't opened yet. But even with the DVC issues it would be redundant to have two kids clubs in one resort (none of the other bigger deluxe resorts do). I do see something changing once the new Reunion Station opens. Or is is going to just be the "free" activities that before have just taken place on the pool deck.

Next Big Thing

Yes and Reunion Station hasn't opened yet. But even with the DVC issues it would be redundant to have two kids clubs in one resort (none of the other bigger deluxe resorts do). I do see something changing once the new Reunion Station opens. Or is is going to just be the "free" activities that before have just taken place on the pool deck.
I believe it will be the latter. Sort of the area that has video games, movie rentals, pool table, games, etc. I don't see this having an ACTUAL kids club.

Jon81uk

I believe it will be the latter. Sort of the area that has video games, movie rentals, pool table, games, etc. I don't see this having an ACTUAL kids club.

and of course whats now Boulder Ridge villas has never had a proper Community Hall space, just the Carolwood-Pacific room, which is more like an extended lobby. So I guess Reunion Station could be a sort of more kids-orientated Community Hall where parents need to be with kids or nearby and then Cubs Den remains a paid-for service where parents can leave the kids with the CMs.

ryguy

If the rest of the redo is as nice as geyser point you all should be excited. That turned out really nice. Not a big fan of the Poly redo, but I think the WL cabins fits much better with theme, so I am hoping once done it will turn out nice.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Have we ever gotten confirmation that the rooms on the south were indeed converted to DVC?

Given that they have been gutted.... yes, these are now part of the new DVC. The NEW DVC required a mix of smaller, and larger accommodations "Just high end cabins" would not have worked. The new DVC is following the model set by the Poly - convert room space from "never full rental" to DVC.

DVC Mike

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Here's a LQ picture I snapped yesterday evening
16825946_10210174918603512_4433806139008019379_o.jpg
Oh, look. Trees.

DznyRktekt

This looks great thus far and fits in much better than any of the DVC additions on Seven Seas Lagoon.
Agreed. The mass of both Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian DVC are out of proportion to the original resort buildings. BLT should be two or three stories shorter than the original A-frame. GF should be several smaller guest house buildings that compliment the original structure, not compete with it. Wilderness looks to have received the correct mix and proportion.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Walked down to Geyser Point this afternoon. I am impressed - nicely done and what a view of the lake. I can see sitting out there on a nice day, enjoying an adult beverage or two. Cabins have a stone chimney. And for those who don't like the shingled, rather than metal roofs on the cabins, look at the roof on the lakeside of parts of the Lodge....

I am excited about the cabins. And can't wait for the pool to be completed.

ETA: picture from my room.

20170222_165918.jpg

S 2

1) "ruined" is a strong word
2) where's the castle?

Do I even have a choice? lol I don't want to get arrested for bulldozing those cabins into the water. My point is Disney ruined what was the best part of WLV all to make more money and only very few people will be staying in those cabins because the price point is going to be through the roof. I could stay at place below for a week for the cost of one of this cabins for a weekend in summer.

Airbnb-Gear-Patrol-Lead-Full-2.jpg

LAKid53

Premium Member
My god, people, it's going to be beautiful. I'm currently staying in a one bedroom at Boulder Creek. I've got an amazing view if the Lake... This isn't a chalet in the mountains - these are cabins on a lake, a view people pay a premium for. The new pool is going to be amazing. And I count several smaller possible pools - hot tubs maybe? And Geyser Springs. Just stand there on the back area on a beautiful day like today overlooking the Lake...and the island.

I don't think Disney will have any problems selling Copper Creek or booking the cabins and villas.

ToTBellHop

My god, people, it's going to be beautiful. I'm currently staying in a one bedroom at Boulder Creek. I've got an amazing view if the Lake... This isn't a chalet in the mountains - these are cabins on a lake, a view people pay a premium for. The new pool is going to be amazing. And I count several smaller possible pools - hot tubs maybe? And Geyser Springs. Just stand there on the back area on a beautiful day like today overlooking the Lake...and the island.

I don't think Disney will have any problems selling Copper Creek or booking the cabins and villas.
I don't think so either. I'm actually quite pleased with this project at my home resort.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I don't think so either. I'm actually quite pleased with this project at my home resort.

I am also pleased about this project at my home resort. And I might be adding another home resort in the near future.

I think these cabins are going to put the bungalows at Poly to shame..... Once the pool is complete and fully landscaped, the area will be amazing. Will the pool be ours alone, or will we have to share it with Lodge guests? just kidding....maybe. ;)

ToTBellHop

I am also pleased about this project at my home resort. And I might be adding another home resort in the near future.

I think these cabins are going to put the bungalows at Poly to shame..... Once the pool is complete and fully landscaped, the area will be amazing. Will the pool be ours alone, or will we have to share it with Lodge guests? just kidding....maybe. ;)
Yeah, I find this to be far better than the Poly project. Everything they've added and are adding seem to heighten the theme of the resort without damaging what was there.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah, I find this to be far better than the Poly project. Everything they've added and are adding seem to heighten the theme of the resort without damaging what was there.

I hope those stone chimneys aren't an effect, but real - the cabins will have fire places so you can have a fire the 3 days it gets cold in Orlando, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom