Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

ABQ

I just realized I have never really looked at its roof before now, which is a good thing cause the building has always blended naturally for me. My new thing will be asking Disney pros if they can describe by memory the Wilderness Lodge roof! lol
Always reminds me of Lincoln Logs. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Just the color scheme.
c26-B004S6EHFQ-2-l.jpg

csmat99

Took these a week ago from the 3rd floor window of the WL Villas!
Now all the defenders about just wait until after project about the trees. You tell me where are the trees going? They have the cabins right on top of each other and just enough room for a walk way between pool and cabins. The trees they chopped down are gone forever. Anything they plant will amount to a bunch of shrubs.

img_4030-jpg.189027
villas-at-disney-s-wilderness.jpg

S 2

Now all the defenders about just wait until after project about the trees. You tell me where are the trees going? They have the cabins right on top of each other and just enough room for a walk way between pool and cabins. The trees they chopped down are gone forever. Anything they plant will amount to a bunch of shrubs.

img_4030-jpg.189027
villas-at-disney-s-wilderness.jpg
Could you let them finish please?

csmat99

Could you let them finish please?
Do I even have a choice? lol I don't want to get arrested for bulldozing those cabins into the water. My point is Disney ruined what was the best part of WLV all to make more money and only very few people will be staying in those cabins because the price point is going to be through the roof. I could stay at place below for a week for the cost of one of this cabins for a weekend in summer.

Airbnb-Gear-Patrol-Lead-Full-2.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do I even have a choice? lol I don't want to get arrested for bulldozing those cabins into the water. My point is Disney ruined what was the best part of WLV all to make more money and only very few people will be staying in those cabins because the price point is going to be through the roof. I could stay at place below for a week for the cost of one of this cabins for a weekend in summer.

Airbnb-Gear-Patrol-Lead-Full-2.jpg
People said the same about the Poly Bungalows and they are booked solid pretty much year round. The same will most likely be true for these cabins.

csmat99

People said the same about the Poly Bungalows and they are booked solid pretty much year round. The same will most likely be true for these cabins.
Did I say they wouldn't be booked? i'm saying hardly anyone will be able to stay there based on the points per night. Anyone buying it as cash room the rate is through the roof. If people want to buy 300 pts at 175 per point and only be able to stay there about 2-3 nights in a cabin go ahead. My whole point is very few people will benefit from those cabins and majority of people like the ones that bought into WLV years ago are the ones that are losing out.

Bocabear

I think the POLY bungalows have taught TDO that they can charge whatever they want and the units will be booked solid... It is what the market will bear, and the market will bear the inflated cost... Don't kid yourself that not alot of people will be able to afford them. They will be booked solid...

Calmdownnow

Has anyone seen any sound data about occupancy rates of DVC members using points in the Poly Bungalows? I ask this because when we were there in June 2016, at a high booking time for the other rooms in the resort, it seemed as if only 5 or 6 Bungalows were in use during the 5 days we stayed at the resort. That means an awful lot of points were not being used. A bit of a disaster for a timeshare expecting 90%+ occupancy rates. I expect that at certain times of the year they are booked solid, but probably not with DVC members...

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Has anyone seen any sound data about occupancy rates of DVC members using points in the Poly Bungalows? I ask this because when we were there in June 2016, at a high booking time for the other rooms in the resort, it seemed as if only 5 or 6 Bungalows were in use during the 5 days we stayed at the resort. That means an awful lot of points were not being used. A bit of a disaster for a timeshare expecting 90%+ occupancy rates. I expect that at certain times of the year they are booked solid, but probably not with DVC members...
In checking the DVC site, there is availability for every single night the rest of the year, with the exception of July 4th. I think they screwed the pooch on these, and I'm hopeful that the cabins will be much more reasonable for points. I mean, you can get a Treehouse Villa for just over 300 points for a week, instead of over 100 points per night for a bungalow.

21stamps

Did I say they wouldn't be booked? i'm saying hardly anyone will be able to stay there based on the points per night. Anyone buying it as cash room the rate is through the roof. If people want to buy 300 pts at 175 per point and only be able to stay there about 2-3 nights in a cabin go ahead. My whole point is very few people will benefit from those cabins and majority of people like the ones that bought into WLV years ago are the ones that are losing out.
I think the POLY bungalows have taught TDO that they can charge whatever they want and the units will be booked solid... It is what the market will bear, and the market will bear the inflated cost... Don't kid yourself that not alot of people will be able to afford them. They will be booked solid...
One of my girlfriends and I have talked about the bungalows a few times. If you were a group of adults..or 2 families (maybe family with kids and the grandparents), the price point isn't insane. Less insane if you have 4-5 adults than two families for sure..
But, if you break it down that way then it is equal or less..worst case a little more..than a regular TPV room at Poly. Assuming each person/family is paying for themselves.

Bocabear

Honestly we stayed at the Bungalows and loved them...would go back if they had availability when we are going there next... The Copper Creek Cabins are going to be great...like it or not... The Landscape will mature around them, they will become part of the fabric of the resort, and I am sure they will be well done. I would be more concerned with other decisions the company makes...

Biff215

In checking the DVC site, there is availability for every single night the rest of the year, with the exception of July 4th. I think they screwed the pooch on these, and I'm hopeful that the cabins will be much more reasonable for points. I mean, you can get a Treehouse Villa for just over 300 points for a week, instead of over 100 points per night for a bungalow.
I noticed the same thing when I checked recently. Of course that availability tool isn't always accurate, and "available" could potentially mean there's just one left. I would have to use almost an entire year's points just to stay a night in the bungalows, but they weren't built for me.

Major problem for Poly DVC owners is going to come when the resort sells out. So many points are allocated to the bungalows yet only a fraction of owners actually own enough points to stay there (or don't intend to). Good luck getting a studio at 11 months once that happens, let alone any of us outsiders at 7 months. They may potentially create the same issue at WL.

Jon81uk

So if the Reunion Station on the back of Geyser Point is child activities, what will happen to Cubs Den in the old villas building?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom