Why don't they just close the whole park while there at it?

mouse_luv

LOL people stop. They are in the process of putting a stupid Starbucks in the middle of DHS (or whatever they are calling it at this point), so it's not closing lol! They'll just reopen the park as Frozen WORLD!:hilarious:

FutureCEO

LOL people stop. They are in the process of putting a stupid Starbucks in the middle of DHS (or whatever they are calling it at this point), so it's not closing lol! They'll just reopen the park as Frozen WORLD!:hilarious:

Obviously we know they won't close the park for a couple years. No one is that stupid, I hope. What if they did though is the question, at least to me.

Better Starbucks than a Dunkin Donuts. My state is home to more more doughnut shops per capita than any other region. BTW I think Dunkin has horrible donuts.

Magenta Panther

Geez, I think my heart stopped there for a minute.

Close the Studios???? No more Fantasmic, no more One Man's Dream, no more Tower of Terror????

images

Magenta Panther

Obviously we know they won't close the park for a couple years. No one is that stupid, I hope. What if they did though is the question, at least to me.

Better Starbucks than a Dunkin Donuts. My state is home to more more doughnut shops per capita than any other region. BTW I think Dunkin has horrible donuts.

Starbucks has terrible sandwiches. :p

R W B

those rides are some of the best rides of all the parks however, the parks need more. Actually all of the parks do except the MK. And please can we drop a bomb on Chester and and Hester Dinoland?
I fully agree, those are some of the best on the whole resort and yes, EP and AK could use some more too. Hopefully with backlot closing they will do something amazing with that area but I'm not holding my breath.

Btw I like Dinoland for Primeevil whirl, I know I'm in the minority here.

mouse_luv

It's called sarcasm lol!:banghead:

Magenta Panther

and my local deli has terrible coffee.
But i don't go to either for those items.

I think Starbucks' food has been a problem for some time. I think the company's CEO even commented on it.

I've had two sandwiches there - a ham and cheese, and a grilled cheese. The ham and cheese was absolutely TASTELESS. It reminded me of those cheap sandwiches you get at a quickie mart. As for the grilled cheese, oh my god what a joke. Two slices of wheat bread with a slab of cheddar. That was it. No pickle, barely toasted bread, limp as heck, just a meh cheese sandwich you'd expect to find in your average gradeschooler's lunch bag. And it cost $5.25!!!

Now, you go to Panera Bread, and it has a "Big Kid's" Grilled Cheese, and man that's a SANDWICH. It's huge and thoroughly toasted and has bits of bacon in it. Plus you get a pickle and a bag of chips or an apple. When it comes to sandwiches, Panera Bread (which has pretty good coffee too) eats Starbuck's lunch (and is welcome to it. :depressed:)

MikeTaylorSound

From what I gather, they're shutting down Studio Backlot Tour and using part of the existing exit of the ride to relocate the Wandering Oaken's Trading Post... which makes sense if they're going to create a Frozen ride (with Ratatouille technology) in place of the Great Movie Ride, since that could be the new exit (through the gift shop, conveniently, lol :greedy: ) because of a new track/layout in place. If you think what they're doing to the Maelstrom is bad, just wait until you realize that THEY'LL BE RIPPING OUT THE OLD ICON OF THE PARK and it still won't matter to them how much you bicker and babble about it.

The new Frozen ride opening will coincide with the release of the new sequel (they used this strategy with Tarzan, thinking that it would be a success, but now, with Frozen, they know they have a franchise winner on their hands and have to strike while the iron is "cold" o_O ). I imagine they'll pervert the Sorcerer's Hat in some "Frozen" way (don't care) and the Hollywood Brown Derby will no longer be relevant to the surrounding theme, so say bye-bye to another old staple that gets in the way of progress. Sure, the building might stay, but no more quick stop ins for cobb salad or dessert to go.

DManRightHere

Random thought...would it really be that ridiculous to move star tours?

It's mainly walkways, props, and simulators. A whole new outdoor facade isn't a bad idea. They move roller coasters all the time, this just requires a huge showbuilding, they could even configure the building to be more space saving.

BigTxEars

12 to 18 months? No way. 3 to 5 YEARS. We're talking WDW time - not "real" time :).

Still? It makes sense. With the franchises Disney owns? This could easily become the DISNEY Studios Park. Sandy and I would tolerate a 3-5 year makeover....

I could live with 3 years, but it would be ugly. Five years would be brutally long. I think if they closed the park and did not have to build around guest they could move faster than they do with the parks open for business. But it's a pipe dream IMO. :)

JasonDeyoung

They just announced not that long ago about the Starbucks and other things going in at studios, the park isn't closing. I did hear from a few people though that lights motor action is on its way out to. Sounds like a pretty big expansion or refurbishment about to take place over at good ol mgm :) defiantly has me curious because every rumor I've been told, has happened. So guess this could get interesting lol

stevehousse

From what I gather, they're shutting down Studio Backlot Tour and using part of the existing exit of the ride to relocate the Wandering Oaken's Trading Post... which makes sense if they're going to create a Frozen ride (with Ratatouille technology) in place of the Great Movie Ride, since that could be the new exit (through the gift shop, conveniently, lol :greedy: ) because of a new track/layout in place. If you think what they're doing to the Maelstrom is bad, just wait until you realize that THEY'LL BE RIPPING OUT THE OLD ICON OF THE PARK and it still won't matter to them how much you bicker and babble about it.

That doesn't even make sense seeing as how there is no connection at all between the great movie ride and the exit of the backlot tour. Way too much space between those attractions...

MikeTaylorSound

Not if they expand... Isn't the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area already closed? If they use that area to expand the ride or have memory maker scan lines there before you continue into the main area... The scope of this has to be big.

stevehousse

Not if they expand... Isn't the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area already closed? If they use that area to expand the ride or have memory maker scan lines there before you continue into the main area... The scope of this has to be big.
image.jpg

They r not gonna close down a main walkway to connect the GMR building and the backlot tour exit...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom