Why don't they just close the whole park while there at it?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
LAKid53: I actually have no desire to go on Tower of Terror ... maybe the other two. But this is only what I've heard, I don't ever plan on skipping Hollywood Studios :) If they shut it down though, I guess that would be a different story ...

I am hoping this is just an unfounded rumor and a misinterpretation of what an employee read on an internal employee website. However, given the state of the park and that Backlot Tours is the 3rd attraction to be closed in the past months, I'm wondering....

Winter

I am hoping this is just an unfounded rumor and a misinterpretation of what an employee read on an internal employee website. However, given the state of the park and that Backlot Tours is the 3rd attraction to be closed in the past months, I'm wondering....
What's the other two? Ones the great movie ride, but the others?

rob0519

Hope it's an unfounded rumor? It IS an unfounded rumor. My god, you people will worry about anything. There is no way Disney is going to shut down an entire park. The loss of revenue would be astronomical and the pressure attendance wise especially at at the MK would be astronomical. Oh, by the way, the sky is falling too.

stevehousse

Considering that both the Poly and DTD are extremely heavy on construction and still open, I do not see them closing an entire theme park for a rebuild. Disney would not want to loose out on money like that. If anything they would just rebuild in phases keeping certain sections closed and once those are done, moving on and so forth until whatever their plan is, is finished.

HRHPrincessAriel

Hope it's an unfounded rumor? It IS an unfounded rumor. My god, you people will worry about anything. There is no way Disney is going to shut down an entire park. The loss of revenue would be astronomical and the pressure attendance wise especially at at the MK would be astronomical. Oh, by the way, the sky is falling too.
Because if it's on the internet it HAS to be true! ;)

wdwfan4ver

The news and Rumor thread didn't mention anything about DHS being closed. Drew81 did mention there will be even more stuff at DHS closing, but didn't say what last night.

WDW1974 mentioned that DHS will get a name change and get rebranded. He posted this on August 16th of this year. He also mentioned Studios will not be part of the theme park name and that explains the Backlot tour going away. That means anything with the working studios theme is going bye bye.

The reason of amount the attractions getting closed is because DHS is getting the Disney California adventure treatment. That means the Park is getting a big makeover and the park will be open during it. The thing is guests will see plenty of constructions walls for the next 4 to 6 years.

Last edited:

BigTxEars

OK so does anyone think Disney is going to tell a mass group of CMs on a website (where is can be screenshot and posted on the internet) about this and have it leak out to the public in that manner? Sounds crazy to me.

And last I read (could be different now but not that much different IMO) it was still in the top 5 parks in attendance in the U.S. and still ahead of any Uni park. It's not doing poorly why would they close it?

wdwfan4ver

If anyone is wondering, it appears part of DHS is safe for now. The areas starting at Echo Lake and parts of Streets of America is the areas that aren't considered safe at this point. Star Tours is safe, but don't know what else would be safe. I really don't know if Echo Lake is going to have work done at the same time as the Backlot Tour is.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

OK so does anyone think Disney is going to tell a mass group of CMs on a website (where is can be screenshot and posted on the internet) about this and have it leak out to the public in that manner? Sounds crazy to me.

And last I read (could be different now but not that much different IMO) it was still in the top 5 parks in attendance in the U.S. and still ahead of any Uni park. It's not doing poorly why would they close it?
Disney isn't closing it based on the info mentioned on the News and Rumors forum. What is going on is some one of this thread is giving false information out. Disney actually is spending money in the park for replacing stuff.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Disney isn't closing it based on the info mentioned on the News and Rumors forum. What is going on is some one of this thread is giving false information out. Disney actually is spending money in the park for replacing stuff.

I hope you are correct. And shame on those who pretend to be in the know and spread such a rumor.

epcot2004

They should wall the whole place off until they are ready to put on a traditional 'Disney show'. While I do not believe they will close it is a very poor representation of what Disney [was] capable of doing. If we need to skip a park this is always the one.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The news and Rumor thread didn't mention anything about DHS being closed. Drew81 did mention there will be even more stuff at DHS closing, but didn't say what last night night.

WDW1974 mentioned that DHS will get a name change and get rebranded. He posted this on August 16th of this year. He also mentioned Studios will not be part of the theme park name and that explains the Backlot tour going away. That means anything with the working studios theme is going bye bye.

The reason of amount the attractions getting closed is because DHS is getting the Disney California adventure treatment. That means the Park is getting a big makeover and the park will be open during it. The thing is guests will see plenty of constructions walls for the next 4 to 6 years.

If you look at the 2nd post on this thread, the individual makes the assertion that Disney is closing Hollywood Studios. And then states where he acquired the info - from the internal Disney employee website. However, Tex is probably correct, I cannot see a major corporation like Disney putting such information on an employee website which can be screen shot and sent all over the internet. At least not until 24 hours before the official announcement. But given the current state of the park and recent announcements about attractions closing, I can see this getting traction. Other than the announcements about Frozen-related attractions, I don't believe Disney has addressed what may be going in these vacant or soon to be vacant spaces.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom