Why don't they just close the whole park while there at it?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I was actually there labor day weekend aswell, and the wait times were ridiculously short, not many attractions are going to survive through next year in my opinion.

I know. We went from Animal Kingdom in the morning to Hollywood Studios since we had to go to the park to get more FP+. Walked up to the kiosk around 2:00PM and got FP+ for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster with a 2:30 time. Unbelievable - that FP+ were still available and that we could get one with that time!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Disney has announced that all 4 parks will be getting a starbucks, and will have one by next year. (The parks that don't already have a starbucks, so that's what some of the construction is.

So instead of renovating rides that desperately need it, we get Starbucks. I wonder Disney's % from the sales....

LAKid53

Premium Member
It's confirmed.....all of WDW is closing. I just checked with someone, and I am scheduled for NO shifts ANYWHERE on property, AT ALL. Tis a sad day. :(

Oh, no! Where am I going to wear the 15 pairs of Mickey ears I own?! :rolleyes:

Can we go yet?

Great movie Ride is definitely next to close, the backlot tour closes saturday, american idol closed. Im assuming Animation Courtyard will be closed entirely by next year.
tumblr_n1du7h9f1Y1sl9lkao2_400.gif

The Animation Courtyard..GMR..I can't take this much longer.

doctornick

I have such a love hate relationship with this park. HS has some of my favorite rides and a great nighttime show. The problem is I'm bored with the filler stuff to do in between my favorites and the lines at my favorites are way too long.

Yep, this. DHS has solid headliners, but pretty poor supporting attractions. It's worsened by the fact that shows in general tend to have limited repeat value compared to rides. The part needs a bunch of good C-tickets to bring it up to snuff.

It also has a godawful layout.

wdwfan4ver

So instead of renovating rides that desperately need it, we get Starbucks. I wonder Disney's % from the sales....
Starbucks isn't going to help Disney much in sales soon. Drew81 posted Lights, Motor, Actions! doesn't have much time left in this world. Drew didn't say when, but I am guessing that it would close after the holidays.

That means DHS loses a crowd eater when it closes and means less time people want to spend time in the park.

That in return will be hurting sales for Starbucks, Counter Service, shops, and table service.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yep, this. DHS has solid headliners, but pretty poor supporting attractions. It's worsened by the fact that shows in general tend to have limited repeat value compared to rides. The part needs a bunch of good C-tickets to bring it up to snuff.

It also has a godawful layout.

Doesn't it - we stumbled upon the back lot looking for our restaurant - it was pretty deserted....

BigRedDad

I love HS, but not what is going on. They need to add no less than 6 new rides and more shows. The main thing about this park now is character M&G's. It is literally a half day park at most. You have TSMM, RnRC, ToT, and STs. There are not other rides. The rest are shows, M&Gs. They need to create a 4D ride like Spiderman at Universal, 3 other E-ticket rides, and maybe 3-4 smaller rides kind of like what is in Fantasyland. They have the space. There is so much wasted and unused space past Muppets 3D and BT now gone.

Wait times for rides will be long simply because there is nothing else to do.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I have absolutely nothing to offer this thread other than my endless thanks. Especially to Tom. Thanks Tom.

My gf were joking on our last trip about how there are only 2 things to do at DHS and then we discovered this thread and died laughing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom