Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

One year ago today we started our day at Epcot. I don't have many pictures from this morning, but my guess it that we did TT, Soarin', and FEA. I also know we did LwtL because I have pictures of that. We did not go into WS at all, and we haven't actually been there yet this trip.

After Epcot, my brother and I wanted to go back to that art store at DHS to pick up the things we were looking at a couple days ago. My parents dropped us off, and they went back to the resort.

Part 2 of the story I began the other day:

We trekked all the way back to the store. I had decided I wanted the CoP, TTA, and Figment posters. When I got there, they only had the TTA and Figment ones left. The CMs were very helpful and checked the back for me. One looked up inventories online, but they weren't sold online. And then she looked up at other stores around properties, and the only one that carried it was the Main Street Cinema. But their inventory was zero. She said I could check there, but they probably don't have it. I was out of luck. So I got the TTA ad Figment posters. My brother got a different canvas painting. They didn't have their normal carrying bags for his painting, so he had to carry a large box all the way through the park. Remember, this store is back by Muppet Vision, so it was quite the trek! He got some weird looks, and some CMs asked him what he got. We made our way to the buses and had a long wait for POR to show up. Probably 30+ minutes. It was super hot out, but eventually we got on the bus. We ended up sitting down next to someone who was also from Wisconsin. She was a 3rd grade teacher who comes down every year to POR with her friends. We chatted about education stuff the whole ride back.

Once back at the resort, we rested for a little bit and then went to DS. I don't have any pictures other than the parking garage and number, but I assume it we shopped at World of Disney, the Christmas store, and the art store. Then we ate at T-Rex. I have loved T-Rex. They have always had the best burgers I've ever had on property. But this time it was very different. They went from thick, juicy burgers to using two very thin patties that were pretty dry. It was okay, but definitely not what I had experienced in the past. I think we are done with T-Rex. The ambiance is cool, but it's not worth it for that food. There are plenty of other restaurants around property that we can go to, and we've probably visited T-Rex too much anyway.

After DS, we went back to MK.

Part 3 of my poster story:

My first and really only goal at MK was to go to the cinema on MS and check to see if they had the CoP poster. I had very low hopes since the DHS CM said they were out. But I figured I'd check since I was there anyway. If there was one, it could have been located in any of the random stacks of posters. So I chose one to start with and figured I'd make my way through them. A few posters into my first stack, I found it! I immediately grabbed it and went to the checkout as if someone was going to rip it out of my hands. I was pretty happy. The CM who checked me out was from New Zealand, I believe, and she was training. I asked to have it shipped to my resort, and she told me I was her first guest to do that. She was super nice, but kept apologizing for not knowing exactly what to do. I've been in those retail shoes before, so it didn't bother me one bit. I was just happy I got all 3 of the posters I wanted!

I think we did Pooh with a FP next (my aunt wanted us to get the Pooh FP over a HM one... I was very against that decision). After Pooh we got some refreshments in Fantasyland, then went to stake out our spot for HEA round 2, since the previous night's was not a great experience. We staked out the perfect spot right behind a flower bed so that nobody could go in front of us. It was an hour until the show yet, and I really didn't feel like waiting. So I wandered around Tomorrowland and looked for some things with short waits. There was nothing. Everything had at least a 30 minute wait. So I headed back to my group and waited with them. HEA is not my favorite fireworks show, although it's grown on me more than when I first saw it. But our view was great, and I got some really good pictures.

After HEA, our goal was to go ride HM, but it took probably 15 minutes for us to get from our viewing spot to Liberty Square. While the spot was great, it was not ideal for getting out. When we got to HM, it was over an hour wait, so we decided to use a PotC FP we had instead. After Pirates, we left and went back to our hotels.

Pictures to come.
I think I remember this! I remember thinking "who in their right mind chooses Pooh over HM???" That's practically heresy in my book! But then, I am not a fan of the Pooh ride, and HM is one of my favorites.

Songbird76

We go in September every year. HM is usually a walk-on. Pooh is another story. Plus I do what I can to discourage Mike from playing with those cholera screens. (Too soon to call them COVID screens.)
Well, if HM is a walk on, then I can see using the FP for something that's not. We can only go in the summer and the line for HM is always HUGE. Since it's one of my favorites, I have to use a FP on it, and of course on Carrots of the Pirabbean. I don't know what it is, but I really just don't like the Pooh ride. We were there for 2 weeks last Summer and never went on it, and I did not miss it at all.

PUSH

Original Poster
I think I remember this! I remember thinking "who in their right mind chooses Pooh over HM???" That's practically heresy in my book! But then, I am not a fan of the Pooh ride, and HM is one of my favorites.
HM is my all time favorite ride. And Pooh is very average for me. I'll always choose HM over Pooh.

PUSH

Original Poster
Well, if HM is a walk on, then I can see using the FP for something that's not. We can only go in the summer and the line for HM is always HUGE. Since it's one of my favorites, I have to use a FP on it, and of course on Carrots of the Pirabbean. I don't know what it is, but I really just don't like the Pooh ride. We were there for 2 weeks last Summer and never went on it, and I did not miss it at all.
Pooh is one I never care if I miss. But it's an okay ride. We probably go once every couple trips.

SteveBrickNJ

Hi @SteveBrickNJ yes I am aware that is opening up. Jenkinson's Boardwalk at Point Pleasant Beach is a little over an hour away from where I live.
OK. I'm just bein' friendly. I'm not gonna go right away. Let the huge crowds come on the holiday weekend...but I'll go over there sometime on a Tuesday or a Wednesday. I'm about 25 minutes from there.
BTW, if you want, check out the games on the wdwmagic Games Forum.

Doodlelicious

OK. I'm just bein' friendly. I'm not gonna go right away. Let the huge crowds come on the holiday weekend...but I'll go over sometime on a Tuesday or a Wednesday. I'm about 25 minutes from there.
BTW, if you want, check out the games on the wdwmagic Games Forum.
Okay, I will check it out. Thank U. So you are closer to the beach? I am closer to Philly. Yeah, I love the beaches but I am going to let things calm down before I expose myself to it.

SteveBrickNJ

Okay, I will check it out. Thank U. So you are closer to the beach? I am closer to Philly. Yeah, I love the beaches but I am going to let things calm down before I expose myself to it.
Brick NJ has a beachfront. We are in Ocean County. Pt. Pleasant Beach is the town with the boardwalk rides .... it's a neighboring town to us. I'm a Philadelphia sports fan btw. If you are closer to Philly, your previous NJ beach outings were more likely to been in Ocean City...The Wildwoods....Atlantic City? How'd I do? One of those three was a lucky guess?

Last edited:

Doodlelicious

Brick NJ has a beachfront. We are in Ocean County. Pt. Pleasant Beach is the town with the boardwalk rides .... it's a neighboring town to us. I'm a Philadelphia sports fan btw. If you are closer to Philly, your previous NJ beach outings were more likely to be Ocean City...The Wildwoods....Atlantic City? How'd I do? One of those three was a lucky guess?
I am from Camden County. I am also a Philadelphia sports fan especially the Flyers. I have been to Cape May, NJ, OC, and Wildwood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom