Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Nemo14

Around here people used to drag various debris down to the beach throughout the spring, then on 4th of July they'd light it all. However now we have idiots who bring hazardous stuff just to get rid of it, so they've banned the beach bonfires on certain beaches. Pity - it was always fun!

Eric1955

Around here people used to drag various debris down to the beach throughout the spring, then on 4th of July they'd light it all. However now we have idiots who bring hazardous stuff just to get rid of it, so they've banned the beach bonfires on certain beaches. Pity - it was always fun!

We often do a fire for New Year's Eve. In Louisiana, where I'm from, there's a tradition of doing Christmas Eve bonfires on the levees to light the way for Papa Noel.
131374300_qbaygymv_w640.jpg

Nemo14

We have Waterfire in Providence during weekends in the summer

308609.jpg

dsc_0121.jpg

7345157552_0ac629eb7e_b.jpg

acishere

In NY it's illegal to set off fireworks without a permit. Although it sounds like a warzone in the weeks leading up to 7/4 so it's really not enforced. We do get the Macy's Fireworks Spectacular though:

macys-fireworks.jpg
Not legal here either, but that doesn't stop many people anymore.

Pretty much every beach here has a fireworks show. We used to throw a small party when I was in my last place before the show. Then the other fireworks heavy day I liked to drive to a beach that doesn't have any fireworks planned, but is between a bunch of towns that does and just watch them all go off on either side of me from the shoreline. Last year we were invited onto a friend's family's boat for one show and that was a fun viewing experience.

NYwdwfan

Not legal here either, but that doesn't stop many people anymore.

Pretty much every beach here has a fireworks show. We used to throw a small party when I was in my last place before the show. Then the other fireworks heavy day I liked to drive to a beach that doesn't have any fireworks planned, but is between a bunch of towns that does and just watch them all go off on either side of me from the shoreline. Last year we were invited onto a friend's family's boat for one show and that was a fun viewing experience.

We NEVER take the boat out July 4th. Too many drunk boaters and it's crowded and just not fun to navigate - at least that's what the Captain of FV SS Fratchie has said.

meyeet

A few years ago we were driving home from VA on the 4th. I-84 goes through a lot of small towns through NY and CT and we'd see fireworks every few miles from them. It was pretty neat in kind of a "proud to be an American" kind of way...
We did the same thing traveling North on I75 from Cincinnati to Dayton. It was pretty neat!

acishere

We NEVER take the boat out July 4th. Too many drunk boaters and it's crowded and just not fun to navigate - at least that's what the Captain of FV SS Fratchie has said.
Yeah, I thought we were going to get bumped into several times while waiting. Which is scary when you are a drunk passenger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom