Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I honestly don't remember the name. The avatar was a little black/white puppy but they hadn't posted since 2011.

Yeah, conquering members that no longer post is somewhat a hallow victory. Similar to comparing gross prices from 2 decades ago to current product prices and saying they generated more revenue.

I really like all the features this sight has and it is very user friendly.

Gabe1

Well, called the dermatology place and asked for the name and phone number for their lab. I asked my doctor's office how long it would take for the results to come back. They said two weeks. I called the lab. They were done with the biopsy and could get the results to them within five minutes. Level of irritation rising...

Time for a new doctors office. Sadly if Doc's are disinterested in the professionalism of their front-line employees and have a lack of empathy for a patients concern and stress a better practice is likely out there.

Gabe1

So...was reading over my dermatologist's Website.

Apparently, their policy is to not discuss results of biopsies over the phone.

That's an absolutely ridiculous policy. It seems like they are just trying to get another visit out of me in order to get the money. I'd rather if it's benign, they tell me it's benign, and me go on my merry way. If they get the results and refuse to discuss it, I'm going to ask that my patient records be transferred to a different office. Hate to make that threat, but this is ridiculous.

And we wonder why health care costs are skyrocketing. I agree that policy was likely put in place as a revenue builder.

Soarin' Over Pgh

smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif

smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif

smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif

smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif

smiley_chicken.gif

I see our chickens' exercise routine has worked, they've slimmed down since I last posted them :) Congrats on your success, little guys!

I personally know three people who still use the AOL interface. (and NO...I'm NOT one of them)

I do however still have an AOL email account that I think I checked about a year ago...FULL of SPAM.

I use my AOL email account, still! But that's it. If I have to actually go to their website, I won't. I have it linked onto my ipad...otherwise yeah, I'd ditch it and get a gmail account instead. But it's worked for this long, so, eh.

FWIW, I started using AOL (dial up, a hundred thousand years ago) when I was 12.

....and I just realized my email account is about 15 years old. Holy crap.

Gabe1

Many doctors request that patients have a return visit to discuss results from a biopsy. There are some good reasons for this, depending upon the case; yet, I also prefer that patients be given the opportunity to decide for themselves, whether a phone update is best for them. (It's a pet peeve of mine and many other patients, that your own test results can be held hostage, until your follow-up appt. There have been consumer movements through the years to try and speed up the reporting process.)

If you choose to go to a different doctor, (and as a paying customer, that is your right to take your business elsewhere), then just be sure that the "policy" regarding biopsies at the new doctor's office, is stated clearly to you up front, before you sign up.

My only hesitation for you to change doctors, at this point, is that it may take you additional time to get on the schedule as a "new" patient, regardless of whether you have your records sent over. Technically speaking, you'd still be a "new" patient for a different doctor; and those appointment blocks are longer in duration, and not as plentiful as the "existing" patient appointments. I work in a hospital; I know this for a fact, at least where I work. In other words, you might end up waiting even longer to finally learn your pathology results, if you switch doctors now.

I wish you well with whatever decision you make.

Good Advice. I know when my surgeon wasn't calling me back and he had the results (he knew it was fine but I didn't and I was 4 months pregnant.) my OB called the lab and got the results herself. Maybe another Doc like a primary can pull the results for @StarWarsGirl95.

Gabe1

Most doctors up here have a similar policy.

Look at it this way, if you know their policy is to make you come in only for bad news, then this is how it will go:

1. You call for your results, they tell you everything is fine. You go your merry way.
2. You call for your results , they tell you you have to come in. Your appointment is in a week, and now you're in a panic because you absolutely know it's bad news.

Better to make everyone come in for their results, because NOT giving you bad news over the phone IS giving you bad news over the phone.

I don't want a Doc who has critical info and can't fit me into their schedule for 2 weeks. When I was in the ER Room for what was ultimately Gallbladder related my primary was on the phone outside the ultrasound room waiting for me to emerge to tell me what was going on. They gave him the results on the phone and he hung on to speak with me.

I did an ER run with my DH overnight because my DH leg was suddenly swelling and Doc called here himself at 8am to set up an appointment with DH within a couple hours. He has us call in a half hour prior to a scheduled appointment to see if he is running on time 'cause we all know if there is an emergency he will always take us. Going to miss him when he retires.

Gabe1

I personally know three people who still use the AOL interface. (and NO...I'm NOT one of them)

I do however still have an AOL email account that I think I checked about a year ago...FULL of SPAM.

I still have my AOL account too as does my DD and DS. It is the email address we give out to all those people who demand/request one that we don't want to have it so it is more a dummy account.

Gabe1

I understand that. What I'm ed about is that the person I spoke to on the phone didn't say that this was their policy. I would have preferred if she said, "Our policy is to discuss biopsy results with patients in person, not over the phone." Instead she said condescendingly, "I don't know if this was explained to you, so I'll explain it. You have to come back to the office in two weeks." And I explained that in two weeks I won't be here. So instead of saying, "I'll call you as soon as we have the results so we can make sure that you can get in and have the results before you leave," or "Well, I'll let your doctor know about the situation and we'll see how he wants to handle it," I got a "You'll have to wait four weeks until you get back." And she never once told me that it's their policy. She treated me like I'm an idiot who knows nothing. So I'm just ed.

I'd be ed too.
I wasn't bragging I made the list. :confused: It was kinda of an "oh crap, really?" moment.

{{{HUGS}}} I didn't mean it like that. Ooops.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

And we wonder why health care costs are skyrocketing. I agree that policy was likely put in place as a revenue builder.
Yup. Hmmm, well let's see, a $30 copay plus whatever insurance costs (or given our case, whatever else we are responsible for) or nothing by telling them over the phone? Let's have them come in for a follow up!
Time for a new doctors office. Sadly if Doc's are disinterested in the professionalism of their front-line employees and have a lack of empathy for a patients concern and stress a better practice is likely out there.
It's beyond sad. My mom, aunt, and best friend all use this office and have never had this kind of issue (then again, none of them ever needed a biopsy). I'll let them treat me for this, but should I ever need a dermatologist in the future, I will not be coming back to this one.

Gabe1

I see our chickens' exercise routine has worked, they've slimmed down since I last posted them :) Congrats on your success, little guys!

I use my AOL email account, still! But that's it. If I have to actually go to their website, I won't. I have it linked onto my ipad...otherwise yeah, I'd ditch it and get a gmail account instead. But it's worked for this long, so, eh.

FWIW, I started using AOL (dial up, a hundred thousand years ago) when I was 12.

....and I just realized my email account is about 15 years old. Holy crap.

Yep, AOL was our first and it was so fun when we signed our folks up for it subsequently. My Dad who claims he can't do stuff anymore (ha) he can sure navigate his desktop well many times a day.

Gabe1

Yup. Hmmm, well let's see, a $30 copay plus whatever insurance costs (or given our case, whatever else we are responsible for) or nothing by telling them over the phone? Let's have them come in for a follow up!

It's beyond sad. My mom, aunt, and best friend all use this office and have never had this kind of issue (then again, none of them ever needed a biopsy). I'll let them treat me for this, but should I ever need a dermatologist in the future, I will not be coming back to this one.

When do you leave for vacation? You could draft a hard copy letter and overnight it (have them sign for it) and outline what you've said to us, be gone, wait 4 weeks etc and ask that Doc either calls you given the circumstances or give you an appointment since you are aware they have access to the results already and if they can't do that turn the info over to your primary doctor for communication of the information. Couldn't hurt.

Soarin' Over Pgh

From link:

"July 29, 2011 at 7:25 am · Filed under Cheese/Yogurt/Dairy, Food Holidays/History/Facts
This one’s a bit quirky.
Cheese Sacrifice Purchase Day is a “food holiday” for which one purchases cheese and “sacrifices” it to a mouse trap, in order to rid one’s home of mice.
It sounds like a 19th-century British holiday to us, but we can’t find any knowledgeable references—just greeting cards to mark the occasion (see the photo).
And the holiday doesn’t make much sense: If one’s home had unwanted mice guests, wouldn’t every day be a Cheese Sacrifice Purchase Day?
(As a side tip, peanut butter works much better than cheese. Clever mice can snitch the cheese from the trap, but they have to stick around to lick the PB."

Interesting! Unfortunately, my cat and/or dog would most definitely beat out a mouse in getting to said cheese on trap, and I'd have quite the panicked animal(s) on my hands. Ditto peanut butter. The dog loves peanut butter.

Lasagna sounds good right about now. I need some comfort food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom