Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'd like an apple notebook but I have a hard time spending that much.
I know, right?

I want one too, but can't justify the price, not while my Dell (w/Vista) is working perfectly, and my iPad is my go-to device anyway.

If (big IF) I ever figure out how to move my iTunes library to the Cloud, I might give my Dell to Son #2, and pick up a 13" MacBook Air.

MOXOMUMD

smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif

smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif

smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif

smiley_chicken.gif
smiley_chicken.gif

smiley_chicken.gif
Nice to see the chickens recovered from their case of giantitis. ;)

StarWarsGirl

So...was reading over my dermatologist's Website.

Apparently, their policy is to not discuss results of biopsies over the phone.

That's an absolutely ridiculous policy. It seems like they are just trying to get another visit out of me in order to get the money. I'd rather if it's benign, they tell me it's benign, and me go on my merry way. If they get the results and refuse to discuss it, I'm going to ask that my patient records be transferred to a different office. Hate to make that threat, but this is ridiculous.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was looking at the notable members lists and I cracked the bottom for most messages. :jawdrop::p Time flies when you're having fun.

On that notable members list, I think there needs to be a category called: gives the most "likes" to other forum members. You would be at the top of the list! :joyfull: Thank you for all the "likes" you constantly give out! (But, I hope you don't get carpal tunnel syndrome with your "likes" finger, if you don't slow down?! ;) )

MinnieM123

Premium Member

That's an absolutely ridiculous policy. It seems like they are just trying to get another visit out of me in order to get the money. I'd rather if it's benign, they tell me it's benign, and me go on my merry way. If they get the results and refuse to discuss it, I'm going to ask that my patient records be transferred to a different office. Hate to make that threat, but this is ridiculous.

Many doctors request that patients have a return visit to discuss results from a biopsy. There are some good reasons for this, depending upon the case; yet, I also prefer that patients be given the opportunity to decide for themselves, whether a phone update is best for them. (It's a pet peeve of mine and many other patients, that your own test results can be held hostage, until your follow-up appt. There have been consumer movements through the years to try and speed up the reporting process.)

If you choose to go to a different doctor, (and as a paying customer, that is your right to take your business elsewhere), then just be sure that the "policy" regarding biopsies at the new doctor's office, is stated clearly to you up front, before you sign up.

My only hesitation for you to change doctors, at this point, is that it may take you additional time to get on the schedule as a "new" patient, regardless of whether you have your records sent over. Technically speaking, you'd still be a "new" patient for a different doctor; and those appointment blocks are longer in duration, and not as plentiful as the "existing" patient appointments. I work in a hospital; I know this for a fact, at least where I work. In other words, you might end up waiting even longer to finally learn your pathology results, if you switch doctors now.

I wish you well with whatever decision you make.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

Most doctors up here have a similar policy.

Look at it this way, if you know their policy is to make you come in only for bad news, then this is how it will go:

1. You call for your results, they tell you everything is fine. You go your merry way.
2. You call for your results , they tell you you have to come in. Your appointment is in a week, and now you're in a panic because you absolutely know it's bad news.

Better to make everyone come in for their results, because NOT giving you bad news over the phone IS giving you bad news over the phone.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
On that notable members list, I think there needs to be a category called: gives the most "likes" to other forum members. You would be at the top of the list! :joyfull: Thank you for all the "likes" you constantly give out! (But, I hope you don't get carpal tunnel syndrome with your "likes" finger, if you don't slow down?! ;) )
You're pretty generous with the "likes" too, girlfriend.
So, thanks.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Same person and all that...

The other being your mom (and before anyone freaks out that I am being rude - I want to point out that he actually identified her as the last person using AOL about 31,000 posts ago!!)
I personally know three people who still use the AOL interface. (and NO...I'm NOT one of them)

I do however still have an AOL email account that I think I checked about a year ago...FULL of SPAM.

StarWarsGirl

Most doctors up here have a similar policy.

Look at it this way, if you know their policy is to make you come in only for bad news, then this is how it will go:

1. You call for your results, they tell you everything is fine. You go your merry way.
2. You call for your results , they tell you you have to come in. Your appointment is in a week, and now you're in a panic because you absolutely know it's bad news.

Better to make everyone come in for their results, because NOT giving you bad news over the phone IS giving you bad news over the phone.
I understand that. What I'm ed about is that the person I spoke to on the phone didn't say that this was their policy. I would have preferred if she said, "Our policy is to discuss biopsy results with patients in person, not over the phone." Instead she said condescendingly, "I don't know if this was explained to you, so I'll explain it. You have to come back to the office in two weeks." And I explained that in two weeks I won't be here. So instead of saying, "I'll call you as soon as we have the results so we can make sure that you can get in and have the results before you leave," or "Well, I'll let your doctor know about the situation and we'll see how he wants to handle it," I got a "You'll have to wait four weeks until you get back." And she never once told me that it's their policy. She treated me like I'm an idiot who knows nothing. So I'm just ed.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I know, right?

I want one too, but can't justify the price, not while my Dell (w/Vista) is working perfectly, and my iPad is my go-to device anyway.

If (big IF) I ever figure out how to move my iTunes library to the Cloud, I might give my Dell to Son #2, and pick up a 13" MacBook Air.

I'd prefer a Pro notebook. Giving me an Air would be dangerous. You saw what I did with my eye glasses last week.:eek:

StarWarsGirl

Well, called the dermatology place and asked for the name and phone number for their lab. I asked my doctor's office how long it would take for the results to come back. They said two weeks. I called the lab. They were done with the biopsy and could get the results to them within five minutes. Level of irritation rising...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom