Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYwdwfan

Happy-New-Year-2000--300x149.jpg

donaldtoo

I'm on an indefinite spending freeze. My living situation is becoming more unbearable by the day, I've got to figure out a way of living by myself without a roomie and being able to afford it. Till then, no more new toothpaste even though I hate the one I have, no more new clothes, no more new shoes. Grocery bill being reduced as much as humanly possible; I'm also skipping meals in an effort to reduce spending further.

Circling back to your statement, yes, what a concept indeed. I remember my Mom saying "just wait until YOU have to pay for laundry detergent, you'll understand" and she was absolutely right. I measure it to the line indicated and not a drop over to maximize the bottle.

If only there were a time machine to take me back, I'd stop myself from doing really stupid things, like my college education that has done nothing for my 'career' but add to my current misery of student loan repayment with an unforgiving, uncaring company that doesn't care how high my rent and bills are.

Uggh.

Ok, back to playing catch up and liking every post.... whether I actually like it or not ;)

Yikes. Sorry to hear. :( Hope you find some solutions, soon! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We are on page 1999. Hope we don't have any Y2K issues. (What a joke that was. My office spent months of backing up files and generating Emergency Preparedness binders and holding drills on the phone chain list...for NOTHING.)

My board had school tech staff do the same type of thing and 3 of them brought in the new millennium snuggled up next to our servers. First time an exception to 'others' being allowed in our district office to keep staff company and an unspoken nod to adult beverages in a school building.

We kinda viewed Y2K as a proactive endeavor worldwide. So much was done by others to cure what would have had happened if everyone just sat on their hands.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I don't know how much y'all will care, but my FB friends went crazy over this yesterday.
(FYI, Rogers is as reviled up here as ComCast & TimeWarner are down there.)

Yesterday's status:

Patience is a virtue.
1 hr and 26 min on the phone with Rogers.
My monthly phone/cable/internet bill has been cut from $450/month (don't ask!) to $250 - now with unlimited internet, faster download speeds, and an upgrade of our 9 year old PVR to the new Nextbox 3.0.
It pays to be nice!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The other way to look at is - we sailed through Y2K because we all worked so hard to prepare for it.

I remember everyone packing weeks worth of clothes, food and water and carting it over to my parent's house, just in case everything crashed. A) We wanted to all be together and B) My parents had two wood burning fireplaces. (It's cold in Canada in January.)

As it was, nothing happened.
We had a nice New Year's Eve together, used the hot tub, ate lots of food, and had a mass sleepover in the family room as planned.

We bought a generator that year. Didn't need it but it has came in handy since then. I was at Epcot for the Millennium NYE. Something I'll never forget. We all took a deep breath as the century turned. When we eventually got back to the room we turned on the TV to see how the real world survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom