Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

Baseball has a long history in Mexico.
only in the north... not many states follows or have league teams.

funnily; northern states, particularly Monterrey.. have a way bigger fanbase for NFL style football AND baseball.
The rest of the country is pretty much a football (soccer) nation.

I tell myself that quite often. :)
until you cant run, move ..etc.. D:

acishere

Page 2001
HAL9000.svg

Cesar R M

View attachment 51883
To feet your feet TOASTY!

do you remember what it was?
Sadly no, but I think it was muppet or celebrity related.

I just noticed Pup fur in the corner of my kitchen floor. My Mom would be freak'n. lol
Your dog exploded in a ball of fluff? D:

The other way to look at is - we sailed through Y2K because we all worked so hard to prepare for it.

I remember everyone packing weeks worth of clothes, food and water and carting it over to my parent's house, just in case everything crashed. A) We wanted to all be together and B) My parents had two wood burning fireplaces. (It's cold in Canada in January.)

As it was, nothing happened.
We had a nice New Year's Eve together, used the hot tub, ate lots of food, and had a mass sleepover in the family room as planned.
Y2k was funny because on how it was overhyped.. a simple bios update and some database upgrades and most machines were y2k ready.
Hell, most commercial software (like windows) automatically detected no-y2k-ready systems and changed the date accordingly.

donaldtoo

I had a salad - but it was probably 500 calories with all the cheese, croutons and sunflower seeds I had them cram in there. It was OK - I kinda wish I used those calories on something more worthwhile, like ice cream. OH - SPEAKING OF ICE CREAM - Baskin Robbins has $1 scoops today and tomorrow (and yesterday but I didn't find out until today so that helps nobody that doesn't have a Delorean with a flux capacitor laying around). I'm taking the kids. :cool:

EDIT: here is the website http://www.amazingscoopfest.com/

Oh my. I remember a drug store down the street from us in San Jose were we used to get ice cream cones for a nickle a scoop. 15 cents for a triple cone. :hungry: :)

NYwdwfan

I know about all that stuff, but don't remember it happening...

Boy, you are old!

;)

As I am old...it's not as old as I seem...since I started watching football every Sunday when I was in kindergarten. My mom gave me generic Fritos for snack with my lunch EVERY DAY (stay with me...I have a point). A kid in my kindergarten class had an NFL lunchbox - with the AFC helmets on one side and the NFC helmets on the other side. He used to quiz me on the teams and give me a (real) crunchy Cheeto when I got them right. I was motivated as my fake Fritos were awful. My dad was already watching the Jets every week so I just joined in. I remember the Super Bowls as far back as 1980 - I was 7. Before that it's just history I read about. It's a lot easier to remember things you experienced though (like the early days of WDW ;) ).

Soarin' Over Pgh

I had a few minutes of freedom so I ran across the street for a coffee for myself and one for the boss. Coming out, and crossing the street, the wind caught my dress and flung it up for ALL TO SEE. Of course, both of my hands were full which made for awkwardness of trying to contain dress. The wind hates me.

So glad I wore the black and neon pink lace drawers today and I'm even more glad to give the two dozen construction workers something to look at during their apparent company-wide cigarette break.

Excuse me while I go die of embarrassment.

NYwdwfan

I had a few minutes of freedom so I ran across the street for a coffee for myself and one for the boss. Coming out, and crossing the street, the wind caught my dress and flung it up for ALL TO SEE. Of course, both of my hands were full which made for awkwardness of trying to contain dress. The wind hates me.

So glad I wore the black and neon pink lace drawers today and I'm even more glad to give the two dozen construction workers something to look at during their apparent company-wide cigarette break.

Excuse me while I go die of embarrassment.

Oh my goodness that is awful.

Can someone please tell Meg to pick on someone else for a bit??!

StarWarsGirl

As I am old...it's not as old as I seem...since I started watching football every Sunday when I was in kindergarten. My mom gave me generic Fritos for snack with my lunch EVERY DAY (stay with me...I have a point). A kid in my kindergarten class had an NFL lunchbox - with the AFC helmets on one side and the NFC helmets on the other side. He used to quiz me on the teams and give me a (real) crunchy Cheeto when I got them right. I was motivated as my fake Fritos were awful. My dad was already watching the Jets every week so I just joined in. I remember the Super Bowls as far back as 1980 - I was 7. Before that it's just history I read about. It's a lot easier to remember things you experienced though (like the early days of WDW ;) ).
Wow...I didn't get football until I was in middle school and they taught us the game for PE. My dad had season tickets to the Ravens, but I didn't go until I was in middle school. I watch some games, but usually during games is an excellent time to do homework as I can do it relatively undisturbed, so unless I'm at a game, I really don't watch the whole thing (no, not even the Superbowl when the Ravens were in it; I went to MK for EMH that night) but I do follow the score and look at the stats after the game.

Baseball on the other hand...I've been going to Orioles games since I was a baby, knew how to play by age 6, but never really got seriously involved until I was about 15 or 16. It's one of the few things my dad and I have in common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom