When is Season of the Force Ending?

Figments Friend

Kylo is sexy.

:cool:

Getting back to 'Tomorrowland' now......

One thing I miss with 'Season of The Force' going on now is the previous area loop music.
John Williams' epic musical scores for the various 'Star Wars' films are great and all, but when I'm visiting Disneyland's 'Tomorrowland' I wanna hear that lands 'soundtrack' - that spacey cool music loop from the 90s.
Miss it.

At least we still have the great 'Tomorrowland 2055' and old EPCOT Center loops playing in the queue areas for 'Space Mountain'.
It's where you can get your geek on while waiting for 'Season of the Force' to end.
:D

-

Phroobar

Kylo is sexy.:cool:

Sexy?
kylo-ren-undercover-boss.jpg

One thing I miss with 'Season of The Force' going on now is the previous area loop music.
John Williams' epic musical scores for the various 'Star Wars' films are great and all, but when I'm visiting Disneyland's 'Tomorrowland' I wanna hear that lands 'soundtrack' - that spacey cool music loop from the 90s.
Miss it.

At least we still have the great 'Tomorrowland 2055' and old EPCOT Center loops playing in the queue areas for 'Space Mountain'.
It's where you can get your geek on while waiting for 'Season of the Force' to end.

I was going to say the same thing - I don't mind the overlay but would like to have the standard Tomorrowland loop back. Even if the Star Wars music was interspersed within the loop, it would be better than nothing. Also, is the Tomorrowland 2055 loop still playing in the Space Mountain queue or in the bathrooms near the Starcade? I didn't think I heard it the last time I was there which bummed me out even more, but the volume is always turned down low and it's hard to hear if it's loud; it'd be a shame to lose the connection to the old Epcot music that was always a nice little shout out to the past.

D

Deleted member 107043

That said, it seems to be a dud, even with all the Star Wars people. There's never anyone in there. The wait to meet the characters is always like 5-10 minutes at most. I thought everyone loves Star Wars now. Why is no one in line to meet Chewbacca?

The building is one of the biggest problems. Sure, the content isn't exactly stellar, but that big hulking building with no windows doesn't look like much fun from the outside, and once past the sign it's a wonder that anyone can find the door to enter. It looks like a big circular convention hall with pretty lighting, not something housing an attraction based on a $4 billion film franchise.

star-wars-launch-bay-03.jpg

That said, Anaheim did a lot better than DHS...

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios-Star-Wars-Launch-Bay.jpg

The Launch Bays at both parks are completely out of sync with how the buildings housing them were originally intended to be utilized. A Star Wars expo shouldn't look like a structure from the 1964 World's Fair or a rehabilitated office building from the Disney Studio circa 1945.

One of my favorite quotes from Imagineer John Hench, who helped develop the look for TL '68, described his design process to that of a film director; "First you establish the long shot by asking what the message is, and as you tighten the shot to absorb all the little details, you have to make darn sure those details support your original idea. That's where Walt was so good: The details never failed. Even the doorknobs on Main Street U.S.A. are historically correct". This is the problem with both of these installations in a nutshell - for Disney attractions they both lack adequate curb appeal and rely on big giant signs to tell the story. As a temporary overlay they're fine, but maybe they should consider calling it a wrap at the end of the summer.

George Lucas on a Bench

I will say that I liked meeting Mr. Fett. I was surprised because his voice sounded like the original version as opposed to that Australian-sounding dude from Speed 2: Cruise Control. Actually, I think he sounded more like his first appearance in the Star Wars Holiday Special. So he was cool, even though you're meeting him in this crappy plastic environment they built for $50.

wdw2016178496235276_11.jpeg

As you can see, we look good, but that background. Ugh.

Figments Friend

I was going to say the same thing - I don't mind the overlay but would like to have the standard Tomorrowland loop back. Even if the Star Wars music was interspersed within the loop, it would be better than nothing. Also, is the Tomorrowland 2055 loop still playing in the Space Mountain queue or in the bathrooms near the Starcade? I didn't think I heard it the last time I was there which bummed me out even more, but the volume is always turned down low and it's hard to hear if it's loud; it'd be a shame to lose the connection to the old Epcot music that was always a nice little shout out to the past.

Yes, it is still playing!
:)

It has been playing in the upper level of the 'Space Mountain' queue all of the times I have visited recently, going back to a couple of years ago when I first noticed the EPCOT Center loops being used.
The 'Tomorrowland 2055' segments are broken up with various bits of EC area loops.

It's awesome to walk up that ramp while hearing those great melodies pumping out of the overhead PA speakers.

I can't say I ever noticed it playing in the (now old location ) restrooms.
My minds a blank....I do not remember hearing any music at all in there.

-

Figments Friend

I will say that I liked meeting Mr. Fett. I was surprised because his voice sounded like the original version as opposed to that Australian-sounding dude from Speed 2: Cruise Control. Actually, I think he sounded more like his first appearance in the Star Wars Holiday Special. So he was cool, even though you're meeting him in this crappy plastic environment they built for $50.

View attachment 148537

As you can see, we look good, but that background. Ugh.

Hey, where's the Trek t-shirt...?
That would have been a epic fashion statement , exspecially with Boba.
The photo of you and Chewie together with your Star Trek shirt was great!

It was the fact Boba was brandishing a weapon, was that it...?
Not sure if he was into Classic Trek or 'new' Trek...?
Come on...you could have totally taken him.
If not, Chewie would have helped.
Chewie obviously digs Star Trek and would have totally had your back if the situation became dodgey.
;)

-

Last edited:

morningstar

it seems to be a dud, even with all the Star Wars people. There's never anyone in there. The wait to meet the characters is always like 5-10 minutes at most. I thought everyone loves Star Wars now. Why is no one in line to meet Chewbacca?

I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan, but I find the way Disney has been doing Star Wars characters pretty uninteresting. Chewy just isn't my favorite character. And Star Wars is the only theme where the biggest character you can meet is the villain. I know why they do it, because they don't want to have characters whose faces are known played by look-alikes. I'm not sure how I'd feel about meeting an impostor Luke. But I'm not interested in meeting the characters they have.

That's good to hear. I'm feeling "contractually obligated" to get my picture with Star Wars characters after I do the Star Wars half marathon. Of course the half marathon will likely increase the lines but hopefully it won't be too bad.

Just run fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom