When is Season of the Force Ending?

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
The building is one of the biggest problems. Sure, the content isn't exactly stellar, but that big hulking building with no windows doesn't look like much fun from the outside, and once past the sign it's a wonder that anyone can find the door to enter. It looks like a big circular convention hall with pretty lighting, not something housing an attraction based on a $4 billion film franchise.

star-wars-launch-bay-03.jpg

That said, Anaheim did a lot better than DHS...

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios-Star-Wars-Launch-Bay.jpg

The Launch Bays at both parks are completely out of sync with how the buildings housing them were originally intended to be utilized. A Star Wars expo shouldn't look like a structure from the 1964 World's Fair or a rehabilitated office building from the Disney Studio circa 1945.

One of my favorite quotes from Imagineer John Hench, who helped develop the look for TL '68, described his design process to that of a film director; "First you establish the long shot by asking what the message is, and as you tighten the shot to absorb all the little details, you have to make darn sure those details support your original idea. That's where Walt was so good: The details never failed. Even the doorknobs on Main Street U.S.A. are historically correct". This is the problem with both of these installations in a nutshell - for Disney attractions they both lack adequate curb appeal and rely on big giant signs to tell the story. As a temporary overlay they're fine, but maybe they should consider calling it a wrap at the end of the summer.

#BringBackTheCarousel

StarWarsGirl

Lucky WDW TL with their Carousel of Progress, Peoplemover, rocket ride high up in the air and no Season of the Force.
True, although CofP desperately needs an update. I'm personally not a fan of Astro Orbiter (it makes me motion sick), but it does work better up high. And yes, we have PeopleMover. Instead of awkward tracks that Disney likely will do nothing about until they start falling on people's heads.

WDW has Season of the Force. It just exists at DHS instead. Not that I'm complaining. We get awesome SW fireworks. Although I gotta say, I really loved Hyperspace Mountain. Evidenced by the amount of times I went on it during my trip out there...:cautious:

Phroobar

I think the signage, music and bad food is going away (to be replaced with regular bad food) but the attractions stay. Launch Pad will stay and probably be updated for Rogue One. The Path of the Jedi will be updated for Rogue One. I would guess Hyperspace Mountain will return after Halloween.

D

Deleted member 107043

I think the signage, music and bad food is going away (to be replaced with regular bad food) but the attractions stay.

It's so perplexing how Disney messed up the food offerings for Season of The Force. I guess when you're designing menus aimed at families with kids there's only so much you can get away with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom