When another Guest ruins an experience/attraction for you

SourcererMark79

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Our last ride on the Little Mermaid was ruined due to the flashing away from the family in the clamshell next to us. :(
download (1).jpg

Driver

My most irritating experience was on Pirates of the Caribbean. It was when 7dmt was new and everyone rushed to ride it at rope drop. We decided not to follow the herd, and headed to a deserted Adventure land, and to one of our favorite rides, POC.
We were the first ones to ride and got into the boat. They held the boat for a family of 3, mom, dad, and appx 6 or 7 y/o son. Well,we started out with the mom talking on her cell phone. I thought, fine, she will put it away soon. Wrong!!!! She continued to talk through the entire ride!!!! She was discussing insurance with whomever she was speaking too for the Entire Ride. Meanwhile, the little boy was screetching (SP) yep, loud squeaky nails on the chalk board type of screaming for the entire time too. No One paid him any attention. Dad just sat there and stared ahead, mom continues to talk about insurance, and the kids continues to scream for the entire ride. We were so disappointed, after being elated at being the first to ride. We rode the ride another time and it was fine, but I was a bit PO'd at the crazy family. I did give her the evil eye, and the dad, but they ignored it. I was half afraid to say anything, because they probably would have throw me overboard. Grrrrrr.......................still makes me mad to this day. Why ride the ride if you are going to talk, zone out, or scream while ignoring the ride and each other?
People behaving badly!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
As an actor myself.... I personally believe that shows at WDW should have a minimum age requirement of 8 or up. But that obviously will never happen. Sadly. It wouldn't get rid of all the rude guests, but it would get rid of a lot of crying toddlers.

AndyS2992

This happens on so many rides. People (typically young people) unnessisarily screaming on rides. No one thinks it's funny, it's so annoying.
This.

Have had many Haunted Mansion rides ruined by teenage girls screaming and laughing loudly at every scene for no reason. Same with Star Tours, I know it's a thrill ride but again teenagers having screaming matches on it are a little excessive and unnecessary.

And then there's what appears to be drunk men singing loudly and clapping throughout it's a small world. Happened a few times.

Oh and people who talk non stop through shows and fireworks and put their feet up on the back of your chair.. ugh.

becca_

Oh and people who talk non stop through shows and fireworks
I can't even begin to tell you how much the fireworks part bothers me. In May we saw Happily Ever After for the first time, and I was so excited to finally see it.

People ALL over talking, "Omg it's Moana!!" "Hey Jr. Look it's Lightning McQueen!" "Mommy look!! It's Olaf!!"
I couldn't even hear the music - and it didn't help that it was pretty quiet too. Like can you not just watch something without commenting throughout the entire experience??? I don't get it!!

Minnnie

It annoys me when people say aloud the ghost host narration in the stretching room at the haunted mansion. Also the pushing and shoving when entering the room to get to to buggy.

Definitely one of the worst things ever. I hate being pushed and one time I actually was pushed into one of the poles. So, I decided there had to be a better way of dealing with these rude, pushy people. Now, I slowly walk toward the exit of the stretching room and hold back until everyone else is in the doom buggy line. I wait until everyone else is line, so I'm the last person of the group to join the line.

Now, if we could figure out a solution to deal with the screamers and electronics users, wouldn't it be great?

Minnnie

Recording a parade on a camera or phone is sometimes impossible to do, but there are some guests who absolutely must videotape parades with their gigantic professional-type cameras or electronic devices. They ignore the fact that, once they hold their devices out as far as possible it ruins the view for people besides them, and especially for small children who now have a wonderful view of an arm and what appears to be a mini TV. I saw this happen once, and couldn't believe that when the person was politely asked to move it so others could enjoy the parade, he refused.

NiarrNDisney

It annoys me when people say aloud the ghost host narration in the stretching room at the haunted mansion. Also the pushing and shoving when entering the room to get to to buggy.

I have no problem telling them to shut the #*&% up! My patience for others antics over the years has diminished and I just flat out inform the persons or party (this includes talking to a parent to correct their child's bad behavior) to knock it off if that doesn't work I get a CM.

Edit: I have found that the behavior stops sometimes with an apology or my favorite where they walk away quickly due to me embarrassing them in front of people by pointing out their fault. Why is it so hard to just think before acting and have some consideration for the other guests around you.

Last edited:

LowesChevy

I have never seen people pushing to shovel in all of my years! I will have to watch for that one. Totally agree on the people saying the narration-it's annoying and little kids may be riding for the first time and that doesn't help. I thought it was scary when I was a kid people screaming during the hanging scene makes it yelly. lol

Finally doned on me -shoving! Yes lots of turnip heads shoving. To be honest I still have never seen people shoveling though!
Ha rough week for me

MaximumEd

I've told this one before, but it was the worst. Riding Splash, my wife and 10 year old daughter are in the front row, I'm in the second, and a couple in their mid to late 20's are behind me. They talk loudly through the whole ride, and after the big drop the girl starts scooping up handfuls of water and throwing them on me and my family. I turn around and ask her to knock it off. She says in a real smart a way, "It's a water ride." So I say ok, turn to the boyfriend or whatever, and tell him that if he doesn't get her under control immediately that I'll be stomping his the second I get out of the boat. I'm only 5'7" and a buck sixty five, but I guess he could tell that I was completely serious and didn't mind tangling with him. He was correct, and there was no more splashing or talking.

Eckert

People ALL over talking, "Omg it's Moana!!" "Hey Jr. Look it's Lightning McQueen!" "Mommy look!! It's Olaf!!"
I couldn't even hear the music - and it didn't help that it was pretty quiet too. Like can you not just watch something without commenting throughout the entire experience??? I don't get it!!

I know that was a big complaint and they have since changed that, thankfully.

My story comes from Pixar Live...there was a family taking up the two rows in front of me who had no respect for the performers or anyone else around them. Throughout the entire show they were talking among themselves and laughing out loud at their group text at really inappropriate moments. It really sucks to be getting emotional listening to the music from Up at it's saddest moments and get pulled right out of it because some middle-aged woman is laughing at the bitmoji dad sent.

I hate those big groups because once it's a big enough number they don't care about anyone else because it's THEIR family trip.

Eddie Garrison

People talking during the pre shows drives me nuts.
It's become rampant at HM, ToT, Dinosaur...
Shut up!
I don't care if I've seen the pre show 20 times - I still want to enjoy it - and it is likely to be many other guests first time witnessing the pre show.
Too much blabbering and illuminated cel phones on Pirates and similar shared vehicles like Splash as well. :banghead:
It's great to ride in an off time when just the family has the entire vehicle.

This is a pet peeve of mine as well.

The other side of that are the people that think it's cool or funny to recite the entire pre-show monologues as well. Yes, we get it ... You've ridden it a few times and memorized it. But still, think of people that this could be their first or even only trip ever to Disney and you may have ruined their experience.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This.

Have had many Haunted Mansion rides ruined by teenage girls screaming and laughing loudly at every scene for no reason. Same with Star Tours, I know it's a thrill ride but again teenagers having screaming matches on it are a little excessive and unnecessary.

And then there's what appears to be drunk men singing loudly and clapping throughout it's a small world. Happened a few times.

Oh and people who talk non stop through shows and fireworks and put their feet up on the back of your chair.. ugh.
And then there's all those rude, drunk men who sing loudly in Pirates... oh, wait...

rob0519

I can't even begin to tell you how much the fireworks part bothers me. In May we saw Happily Ever After for the first time, and I was so excited to finally see it.

Not everyone reacts the same way to seeing something spectacular. You can't possibly expect children to not blurt out things like "Mommy look!! It's Olaf!!" or other things. That's how children express joy....laughter and screaming. I personally love watching the amazement on the kids faces as they seem something that amazing.

It's an outdoor fireworks show with thousands of people crammed together. To expect people to "just watch something without commenting throughout the entire experience" is just setting yourself up for disappointment. It's not movie theater.

Maybe Disney should crank up the volume. Write an email to Customer Service and suggest it. You may not be the only person who feels the volume is too low.

Launchpad McQuack

Not everyone reacts the same way to seeing something spectacular. You can't possibly expect children to not blurt out things like "Mommy look!! It's Olaf!!" or other things. That's how children express joy....laughter and screaming. I personally love watching the amazement on the kids faces as they seem something that amazing.

I completely agree with this. I feel like it should be expected for small children to get excited when they see their favorite characters. Now, if it's teenagers obnoxiously yelling for attention or trying to be funny or parents constantly trying to get their kid to show interest in the show ("look honey, it's so-and-so!" every time there's a new character), then that is annoying.

becca_

I completely agree with this. I feel like it should be expected for small children to get excited when they see their favorite characters. Now, if it's teenagers obnoxiously yelling for attention or trying to be funny or parents constantly trying to get their kid to show interest in the show ("look honey, it's so-and-so!" every time there's a new character), then that is annoying.
I more meant older people, obviously kids are loud/excited/etc. Parents shaking their kids awake, yelling at them to wake up, I get it. You want your kids to see. But it's just not the place for anyone especially teenagers, parents, older people to be yelling - trying to be funny, whatever. I wanna see the show just as much as your 2 year old, just as much as a 92 year old! I just wish people would be a bit more respectful.

And honestly, it really wasn't kids I heard talking. It was the huge group of 15 year olds from a local HS who were screaming and yelling about stuff not even pertaining to the show. I'm not heartless, I want kids to be excited about Disney stuff! But I also wanna be able to hear what's happening too.

jaklgreen

On our last trip, this past June, we were standing next to this Dad with his child on his shoulders and he was one of those who had to call out all of the characters that popped up. The funny part is that half of them he got wrong. But he was so loud that every time he got one wrong, 6 people around us would correct him. LOL It was kinda funny.

Weather_Lady

This.

Have had many Haunted Mansion rides ruined by teenage girls screaming and laughing loudly at every scene for no reason..

The closest I ever came to a Magic Kingdom-based homicide was when a similar group of teenagers on HM screamed every word of the stretching room sequence (and continued to try to out-scream each other throughout the ride, taking selfies with flash cameras within eyeshot, although we'd done our best to distance ourselves from them in the boarding area). The reason for my rage was simple: my 4-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son were experiencing one of my favorite attractions for the very first time in their entire lives, and those girls were ruining it for them. (I know, First World problems -- in hindsight, I see how silly it was for me to have gotten so worked up about it, but that Disney trip, for me, introducing my children to the very things that had so fascinated and delighted me when I was their age -- had an almost religious quality to it, and I wanted every experience to be as pure and perfect as I could make it.)

But because of things like that, I try to remind myself, when doing things at Disney -- be respectful. "Every show you see, every attraction you ride, every meal you eat -- somebody around you is experiencing it for the first time, and possibly the only time: don't be the person who ruins it for them!"

Last edited:

Bobb_o

I see that people shoving their way on to a safari jeep isn't an isolated incident. I don't get why people do that considering that means they're literally next in line

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom