What's the one thing you HAVE to have on your visit to WDW?

Mr Anderson

A lot of people are saying France in Epcot for sweet treats! This will be a stop for sure! Think we're going to Epcot on our first full day too! Thank you for this:) I'll add to the list! ^_^
No problem! Croque Monsieur is actually a fancy ham & cheese sandwich. And let me tell you... I don't normally like ham & cheese, but this is in a league of it's own, even when compared to other sandwiches of the same name on Disney property.

DManRightHere

Last trip we had Tonga Toast. That may be our every trip thing now.

EDIT: oh yes, and the chocolate covered pineapple skewers at main street bakery are very good. Wife got one last trip to WDW and got one at DL last week. I had a bit and had to buy my own.

BrerJon

No problem! Croque Monsieur is actually a fancy ham & cheese sandwich. And let me tell you... I don't normally like ham & cheese, but this is in a league of it's own, even when compared to other sandwiches of the same name on Disney property.

I used to think that... I used to love the Croque Monseuir from the Patisserie, but last week I went, looking forward to it so much but urgggh, what have they done... Instead of a delicious freshly-made toasted sandwich with melted cheese, it was a pre-made slab of cheap bread with rock solid overcooked cheese on top that wouldn't melt - it seemed like it was several days old. Rock hard, tasteless and disgusting, I've made far nicer sandwiches at home.

So it seems like the famous Epcot Croque Monseuir has gone the way of the budget cutbacks.

Now that's no longer on the must-do list, here are my surviving ones:

- American Dream slushee at Fife & Drum
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich at Plaza Ice Cream (AKA the Triple Bypass)
- Root Beer Float (various locations)

Last edited:

Mr Anderson

I used to think that... I used to love the Croque Monseuir from the Patisserie, but last week I went, looking forward to it so much but urgggh, what have they done... Instead of a delicious freshly-made toasted sandwich with melted cheese, it was a pre-made slab of cheap bread with rock solid overcooked cheese on top that wouldn't melt - it seemed like it was several days old. Rock hard, tasteless and disgusting, I've made far nicer sandwiches at home.

So it seems like the famous Epcot Croque Monseuir has gone the way of the budget cutbacks.

Now that's no longer on the must-do list, here are my surviving ones:

- American Dream slushee at Fife & Drum
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich at Plaza Ice Cream (AKA the Triple Bypass)
- Root Beer Float (various locations)
How sad! We were only introduced to this wonderful sammich back in December! Hopefully you just fell victim to bad circumstances, and the poor quality you experienced is not indicative of all Patisserie Croque Monseuirs. I hope that came off right.

Kate Alan

Dagger! I meant to try the cronut on our last trip and forgot! #firstworldproblems

That snapper sounds awesome.

The cronut is excellent. I split one with a friend and we ended up devouring it...a few women walking by actually backtracked because they saw how much we were enjoying it and needed to find it for themselves, lol.

The snapper is awesome...my trip this December is the first in awhile where I don't have a reservation for Flying Fish (trying to branch out to new places, etc.). Still trying to find a way to wrangle it into the schedule, because darn it, it's too good for me not to.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
To add to my Zebra Domes must here is the others I have to get every trip:

Tonga Toast @ Kona
Filet/Cheddar Soup @ Le Cellier
Cupcake @ Kussafari Bakery
Prosciutto and Cantelope Pizza @ Via Napoli (don't knock it until you try it)
Croque Monsieur @ BOG for lunch
Citrus Swirl (pinnaple dole whip/vanilla)
Truffle Mac and Cheese HotDog @ Fairfax Fare in HS
POG juice @ Kona, Boma, etc.
Noodles and Bread Pudding @ 'Ohana
Turkey Sandwich/Strawberry Shortcake @ Sunshine Seasons
Strawberry Shortcake @ HDD

I know I'm leaving more faves out that are must dos but you get the jist!! Haha ;)

catmom46

I definitely need to have an Ice Cream Martini over at the France Pavilion again. My mom's must have is cream puffs from France (or BOG), and my sister HAD to have funnel cake and a turkey leg.

OMG I had no idea the Ice Cream Martini existed! Or that whipped cream flavored vodka existed either. Where have I been??? I am so having this when I'm there next month, while I snack on cream puffs. Bliss! :inlove:

Thanks for the recommendation Matt! Although my liver and arteries may be cursing you later. :hungover:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom