What's the most surprising thing you've seen at Disney

G00fyDad

I wouldn't really call her a singer (she made one or two records iirc). She was far more famous for appearing on Page 3 of the British newspaper (I use that term losely) 'The Sun' which contains a picture of a topless lady every day on that page. Seeing as this thread has turned into a 'spot the in Disney' thread, I suppose it's kind of ironic and fitting that you include Samantha here seemingly unaware that she made a fortune getting her out for the public too :)

Do idiots counts as ? Because I've seen a lot of them at Disney.

srk173

OK both happened on our most recent trip Feb 2013.

1. Walking behind Pecos Bills this guy comes out with a hotdog. He stops in the middle of the walkway. Just as he goes to take a bite, a bird flew down and smacked the hotdog right out of his hands and begins to eat it on the ground. We were shocked to see this and then the guy proceeds to punt the bird. Not sure if he got another hotdog or not.

2. We sit down at Philharmagic. in the row in front of us there is four old people sitting in the middle of the row. A large family comes in and a guy carrying his very tired/sleeping daughter asks them to move down a few seats to get them all in. The old people say no we are not moving, you can go around us. Now it is hard enough to go around someone but try and do it carrying a sleeping child. Everyone including the overhead announcement is telling people to move down. (the theater is rounded all the seats are the same) sorry if you don't agree but its true. After yelling back and forth at each other the guy with the kid says ok if you want me to go around you I will and proceeds to fall all over them and step on there feet. The old man gets ed and sits right next to the guy staring at him the whole show spouting off about god and religious bull. They didn't fight but it was definitely an interesting show.

PUSH

2. We sit down at Philharmagic. in the row in front of us there is four old people sitting in the middle of the row. A large family comes in and a guy carrying his very tired/sleeping daughter asks them to move down a few seats to get them all in. The old people say no we are not moving, you can go around us. Now it is hard enough to go around someone but try and do it carrying a sleeping child. Everyone including the overhead announcement is telling people to move down. (the theater is rounded all the seats are the same) sorry if you don't agree but its true. After yelling back and forth at each other the guy with the kid says ok if you want me to go around you I will and proceeds to fall all over them and step on there feet. The old man gets ed and sits right next to the guy staring at him the whole show spouting off about god and religious bull. They didn't fight but it was definitely an interesting show.

This pretty much happened two rows ahead of us at AIE a couple years ago. There was this older couple who plop down in the dead center of the row. We were there over spring break, so the entire theater was full or close to it. Everyone was lined up behind them waiting to go down, but they couldn't because this couple wouldn't move. People started to go around them, and the entire theater was looking in that area. People told CMs and the CMs told them they had to move down. They refused. People from all around the theater were telling them to move. By the time they finally moved, there were only a couple of seats to move down. And on a side note, they didn't clap for any of the contestants.

That also reminds me of a time at Splash Mountain when a guy tried to sneak his way into our row because he "didn't want to get wet." The CM told him "Sir, this is Splash Mountain. Everybody is going to get wet."

G00fyDad

That also reminds me of a time at Splash Mountain when a guy tried to sneak his way into our row because he "didn't want to get wet." The CM told him "Sir, this is Splash Mountain. Everybody is going to get wet."

How many people have you seen get off that ride upset over getting wet? I've seen my fair share. Morons. It has Splash in the name!

MKCP 1985

So what about the name "Big Thunder Mountain Railroad?" It's right next door and I can't recall ever hearing any thunder at all!

What else was surprising? Hmmm...

Once, I had a swan attack me while I was selling popcorn at the wagon up near Cinderella's castle. He was used to being fed unpopped kernels from day shift workers who had a lot of free time to goof off. On the closing shift, we stay busy and there's always a line and I was just too focused on getting people served and didn't notice him so he got cranky and left a nice welt on my leg. Workers comp!!! Ha

FettFan

I am one of those women and I don't see anything wrong with it. Would you eat in a bathroom? No. Breastfeeding a child is not illegal, anywhere. It is what is best for baby and people who make comments like this are the only ones bothered by it. if you don't like it, look away.

You bring up cleanliness....would you be willing to do it on a park bench that may or may not have just been the subject of a regurgitated turkey leg? Or pigeon crap?

To be perfectly honest, there are probably more germs on the average Disney park bench or picnic table than in the restrooms, given the inherent redeeming factors of hands-free plumbing, antibacterial hand soaps, and a routine cleaning staff.

I also can't help but wonder...WHY would you take a child that young to Disney in the first place?

I tell you, if I had a dollar for every parent dragging him or herself through 101* of humid Central Florida Hell getting all crankey and gripey and irritable when the baby just won't shut-the-hell-up-and-enjoy-the--trip-that-I-spent-all-this-money-on.....yeah I'd be wallowing in Scrooge's money bin right about now.

Fact is...your kids don't need Disney that badly, and it's just going to put more grey hairs on your head. Wait til they are older, at least six or seven.

That's the reason my father didn't actually enjoy the World til my sister and I were teenagers....dragging inconsolable children through blistering sun and asphalt was no way to spend time off of work.

hiptwinmama

I have to preface this with saying I have an uncontrollable urge to laugh when I see people trip or fall (unless it looks really bad or painful, I swear!). I have tried to restrain it over the years, but I don't know if it's a nervous thing or what, but I literally cannot help myself. It's not that I don't care if someone is hurt or embarassed, it's an uncontrollable urge.

I have to agree... my daughter bit the dust at WDW last time (i can't remember where). Keep in mind she was not hurt in anyway, not even a boo boo. But when she fell, her feet went in the air and she yelled very comically " what the " then fell. I busted out laughing so hard, that I got the stink eye from my daughter and about 20 other parents nearby.

hiptwinmama

Okay.. this happened at Sea World and non WDW. But as a kid we were watching the sea lion and otter show. A sea gull from above pooped, it fell down right into my dad's shirt pocket.... really. We still laugh about it to this day.

graphite1326

Ok, since I live in the country I have seen far "worse" (for lack of a better word) things than a woman breast feeding and so have my children. It is really no big deal. In fact it's kind of irritating that it bothers people. I once was at a Fair and in the Pig barn. Two pigs were getting a little "frisky". A woman came along with her about 10 year old son and in shock covered his eyes. C'mon it's just the way things are. Don't be so niave.

Runmyhorse

Right. If its discreet I have zero problem with it. The women I am referring to, which I realize I should've been more clear, were sitting in plain view and very exposed...like shirt open and everything out, exposed. I have seen it more than once at WDW too.

Yes I have to. I also have seen one lady have hers hanging for five min. waiting on her husband to bring her child to her. The kid looked five even.:confused: lol It was really a shock to see even for me. Personally it dont seem comfortable to have it hanging that long,but everyone starring at her too. I dont agree w/ that, but if your doing it discreetly then no one should really even notice.

mamabunker

I also can't help but wonder...WHY would you take a child that young to Disney in the first place?

I tell you, if I had a dollar for every parent dragging him or herself through 101* of humid Central Florida Hell getting all crankey and gripey and irritable when the baby just won't shut-the-hell-up-and-enjoy-the--trip-that-I-spent-all-this-money-on.....yeah I'd be wallowing in Scrooge's money bin right about now.

Fact is...your kids don't need Disney that badly, and it's just going to put more grey hairs on your head. Wait til they are older, at least six or seven.

how young is "that young"? Not all children who are nursing are infants.

also, chances are, the child has older siblings, and that's why the family is there.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Yes I have to. I also have seen one lady have hers hanging for five min. waiting on her husband to bring her child to her. The kid looked five even.:confused: lol It was really a shock to see even for me. Personally it dont seem comfortable to have it hanging that long,but everyone starring at her too. I dont agree w/ that, but if your doing it discreetly then no one should really even notice.

You stood and watched for 5 minutes :eek: ? I got moved on by Mrs M after 3 seconds of looking when a ladies bikini top came off on a water slide at Typhoon Lagoon, some people have all the luck.

disney fan 13

Gee that's weird - I saw some guy complaining about a guest breaking his nose at Epcot.....
paranoid.gif

I'm still shocked that nobody brought this up until the second page...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Someone smoking something with a easily detectable pungent aroma by the castle in MK. Between being a resident assistant in college and all my years in law enforcement I quickly recognized that he was trying to enhance his magical day and whisked the kids away before they asked what the smell was.

Hrm...I wonder...

I had this same experience on the path that leads from Liberty Square to behind the castle in 2010. I was amazed that someone would smoke it so publicly. I mean...why not just bring brownies?

Gonzo79

On the first night of our honeymoon,we were taking the ferry back from the MK to WL.My wife and I were sitting towards the back when all of a sudden we here this woman start screaming.We both look up and theres two women up towards the front swinging at each other and pulling each others hair. Both swearing and yelling at each other. This was all in front of their young kids,not to mention everyone else too. Two guys finally pulled them off each other,and I remember seeing the poor CM just standing there in shock not really knowing what to do and thankful it was over.

bsiev1977

One time while greeting guests a very attractive older woman approached me and was clearly drunk. She had on a bikini top and at the time CMs were told to kindly tell guests they had to have on a shirt. After telling her she eyed me up and down and said, "you like my ___don't you?" And I just repeated to her kindly about putting a shirt back on. Then she grabbed my naughtybits and said "if you wanna ___ me just say it young man".

She then flashed me and got kicked out. I heard she got arrested but i highly doubt that considering how wimpy disney can be. For those wondering, yes she was very hot.

Another funny incident was stars and motor cars had just started when a torrential downpour was unleashed. Characters were soaking wet and falling down in the puddles. Looked fun.

You couldn't get her number quick while all the commotion was going on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom