What's the most surprising thing you've seen at Disney

IAmALocal

Why? They don't hurt you or anyone else. I have friends that use them regularly in school and they're totally harmless, not to mention they're helping the person stop a nasty habit.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/park-policy-on-e-cigarette.840137/
Plenty of good arguments for either side in this thread. I don't want to derail this one. Also, it looked like a real cigarette at first and that worried me, I was in the Single Rider line while they were in the standby line. Sometimes you can't tell from a distance.

G00fyDad

I am one of those women and I don't see anything wrong with it. Would you eat in a bathroom? No. Breastfeeding a child is not illegal, anywhere. It is what is best for baby and people who make comments like this are the only ones bothered by it. if you don't like it, look away.

I still think the point is getting missed. Breastfeeding = okay. Breastfeeding in public = okay. Getting prepped and even starting the feeding in public = okay. Popping out a and letting it hang there for 50 children to walk by and see while staring at people as if daring them to say something about it = not okay.

SarahG

I still think the point is getting missed. Breastfeeding = okay. Breastfeeding in public = okay. Getting prepped and even starting the feeding in public = okay. Popping out a and letting it hang there for 50 children to walk by and see while staring at people as if daring them to say something about it = not okay.
My kids never even take a second glance when they see a woman nursing. Its natural to them. Not to be argumentative, just saying that not all children see it as being inappropriate.

G00fyDad

My kids never even take a second glance when they see a woman nursing. Its natural to them. Not to be argumentative, just saying that not all children see it as being inappropriate.

Again, still being missed. I don't mind if my kids watch a woman nurse from dawn to dusk. Not the point. It is the ones that pop it out and let it sit there for several minutes while they get everything else and the baby ready..... then they start nursing.

SarahG

Again, still being missed. I don't mind if my kids watch a woman nurse from dawn to dusk. Not the point. It is the ones that pop it out and let it sit there for several minutes while they get everything else and the baby ready..... then they start nursing.
LoL, it never took my kids that long to latch on. They were aggressive little eaters! LOL

Most surprising thing I've ever seen I think would have to be when I went my senior year of high school - a friend of mine and I were waiting in line for thunder mountain (long line and we weren't to the covered part yet) and a bird pooped on me. It landed in my hair and went down my neck. Ick!! After that I was on the lookout for birds!

HouCuseChickie

It was Dec 2010 and it was in the upper 30s that morning. We had an appointment at BBB (around 10am) and I guess it was a really crowded morning at the boutique b/c they weren't letting anyone without the pkg including a costume use their changing rooms. i.e. you were left to change in a restroom if you didn't arrive dressed. Now, any normal parent IMO would tell them you'll be back in a few minutes while you run off to find a restroom to change, but not this woman checking in behind us. She went into panic mode. Instead of finding a bathroom, she takes her daughter out into that area in between CRT and BBB...i.e. the walkway through the castle- totally open to the public... and strips her down to change her. I was shocked...it's quite cold out there and she's got her daughter (maybe 6 yrs old) down to her underwear on the threshold of Fantasyland with crowds passing by as they walk through the castle.

Piebald

One time while greeting guests a very attractive older woman approached me and was clearly drunk. She had on a bikini top and at the time CMs were told to kindly tell guests they had to have on a shirt. After telling her she eyed me up and down and said, "you like my ___don't you?" And I just repeated to her kindly about putting a shirt back on. Then she grabbed my naughtybits and said "if you wanna ___ me just say it young man".

She then flashed me and got kicked out. I heard she got arrested but i highly doubt that considering how wimpy disney can be. For those wondering, yes she was very hot.

Another funny incident was stars and motor cars had just started when a torrential downpour was unleashed. Characters were soaking wet and falling down in the puddles. Looked fun.

jharvey

Not that I need to defend my opinion, but oh well...it's the internet

I never said I was against breast feeding. I never even said I was against breast feeding in public. What I am against are women sitting on a very public bench, literally half-naked breast feeding. There is a big difference between a women who is discretely doing it (on a bench off the beaten path maybe, or using one of those cover things) versus a women letting it all hang out in the middle of one of the busiest places in the world.

And yes, the mother of my children will decide, but that women will have a moral compass that points her away from being exposed in public.

How dare u have an opinion that strays from the pack! I mean really. The kids would starve. If someone would invent something to hold the milk so that we could feed the poor things. We could call it a bottle. Then these ladies can be unshackled from nursing their kids nonstop. Dagum sexist bodies.

If only wdw provided place to nurse

wdwmom2+1

Well something that me and my DH still laugh about is the time that we were walking through DHS and saw the power rangers so went over to get our DD's pic with them one person was in front of us and all of a sudden we see a big commotion. Turns out a lady had her son who had NO PANTS on (he was about 4) and just a shirt on and she was mad because they refused to let her take a picture with them. She tried just standing him up in front of the power rangers and the handlers wouldnt' let her said he needed pants on to take a picture... she then asked where she could go buy him some pants????!????

wdwmom2+1

oh and last trip (1/12) it started the normal afternoon rain shower and we were getting done at small world and heading over to find our stroller by the gift store on the corner by where snow white was... Well this lady is walking down the walkway in front of us and just starts puking but shes still walking so the whole lenght there are puddles of puke/rain where she just kept walking and would just turn her head and puke like 6 times!!!

mergatroid

Original Poster

Is there a specific area of the parks where this is likely to happen? Obviously I require this information so I can avoid this area ;)

mamabunker

What is there to get ready? One of the best things about breastfeeding is that there's no prep involved. Baby to , that's it.

G00fyDad

What is there to get ready? One of the best things about breastfeeding is that there's no prep involved. Baby to , that's it.

If done that way then no big deal, but some women seem to take it to the extreme just to see if they can get you to say something. Then they go off on you about it as if it was the act of breastfeeding you have a problem with. God forbid someone say something to these ladies about exposing themselves in public. I agree though, baby then , no problem. But when it is sit down, breast out........... looking around for dirty looks..............breast still out................ still looking for stares.............then baby then there is an issue.

ratherbeinwdw

A breast is a breast whether there's a baby latched to it or not. It's no more appropriate to show your breast while breastfeeding than to simply pull it out because you're hot or whatever reason. I breast fed both of my children and never one time in public. I too have seen many women take their time arranging their clothes and baby before putting the baby to the breast. There are so many ways to nurse in public without anyone seeing anything if that's what you choose to do.

G00fyDad

Is there a specific area of the parks where this is likely to happen? Obviously I require this information so I can avoid this area ;)

It can happen anywhere, even where you live. I didn't mean to sound as if I see this happening with every lady who breastfeeds. Not at all. I'd be willing to bet it is only less than a percent of women who breast feed do this. I did notice it happening more after that magazine (TIME, People, ????) came out with that near 5 year old still breastfeeding while standing up. It was as if breastfeeding mothers felt the need to "unite against their oppressors" or something. LOL

mergatroid

Original Poster
Back in 1989 at Grad Night I was in line to use the bathroom over by Peter Pan, when some CMs came over and said they had to clear everyone out for a few minutes. Next thing I know the British singer Samatha Fox came walking up uses the guy's bathroom then left. Once she cleared out there was only a couple of us waiting so some other high school girls jumped in our line to get through the bathroom quicker.

I wouldn't really call her a singer (she made one or two records iirc). She was far more famous for appearing on Page 3 of the British newspaper (I use that term losely) 'The Sun' which contains a picture of a topless lady every day on that page. Seeing as this thread has turned into a 'spot the in Disney' thread, I suppose it's kind of ironic and fitting that you include Samantha here seemingly unaware that she made a fortune getting her out for the public too :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom