What's the most surprising thing you've seen at Disney

G00fyDad

The most surprising thing I have ever seen was a fight on Mainstreet USA between one moron who just walked out of a storefront without looking, right into the path of a stroller. The stroller hit him and the man started cussing out the woman pushing it (Like it was her fault. :rolleyes: ) and her husband was having none of that crap. He walked up to the man and they started shoving each other. We got out of there before the crowd trampled us getting to the fight. I am sure Disney handled it quickly, but I wasn't sticking around.

mp2bill

On the last ride on the last day of our last trip an elderly man was waiting in the same row as us for Soarin'. He casually put his arms on the wall, bent over and started to "Code V." Everyone backed away, and my family alerted a CM. He refused to sit out the ride, so everyone in the front row (where the man and us were) sat out that ride because we didn't want him to "Code V" again. We were all shocked when he wouldn't sit off the ride. His wife was fanning him off with a towel before the ride started. When we told this to the CM, she said "Oh no he's not going on," and went in to talk to him. She came back out and said that he was going to ride, and they could not refuse him the ride.

It was a unique twist to end our vacation, I guess. o_O
That's pretty messed up. And I'm pretty sure they could have refused the ride to him as it creates a health hazard for all other guests.

Britt

Definitely just the amount of kids throwing tantrums and fits and the adults who "allow" it (i.e...doing nothing, or allowing themselves to be hit or screamed at). I totally get medical reasons (Aspergers/Autism), but then there are those kids who are just plain spoiled and exhausted and overheated.

Occasional Guest

It could be something good that surprised you, or it could be something that shocked you because it was bad. But it must be something that before you headed into the park you had no idea it was going to happen that day.

For me apart from seeing a dwarf being led on a leash by a woman in high heels and fishnets one night at Downtown Disney, .

Let's hear more about this woman in high heels. Sounds like she might be a "professional."

Jim Chandler

We went to Mickey's Halloween Party after hours at WDW one year. Everyone is in a costume......
I saw 4 Princesses coming down the walk way from FL to HH fully dresses as princesses down to the shoes
What was so great was that it was 4 MEN who all were 6' 3" or better and at least 300 lbs. there was Snow White, Cinderella, Belle and Ariel as you have never seen them before.
BTW I was the only Zorro in the park. People asked why I was Zorro I had to remind them of the Zorro series Disney did in the early 60's

Cosmic Commando

It was definitely during a parade, pretty sure it was Boo to You. We were right by Casey's watching the parade as the three hyenas from The Lion King go by. One of the hyenas walks over to a crowd control CM (or could have been a manager-type, don't remember). The hyena and the CM obviously exchanged some type of words or signal, because just then, the CM fetches one of the other hyenas right out of the middle of the parade and whisks them backstage somewhere over by First Aid. I have no clue what happened there. Impostor hyena? If the hyena was sick or hurt, why didn't they walk over to the CM themselves? It was weird.

CP_alum08

The amount of women nursing on benches in the middle of the parks. I don't know if it's "legal" in WDW, but I've never seen them talked to by anyone official. I know it's sort of acceptable these days but I just don't get it; my mother didn't do it and whoever mothers my children will not do it.

Aurora1

On our last trip, this woman walking in front of turned around and started screaming about a woman that punched her in the ear. Turns out this crazy older woman (60s-70s) walked right up to her, took off her flip flops, and smacked her in the ear. We walked away as Disney cops came up just so we wouldn't get stuck in the mess.

Nemo14

Gee that's weird - I saw some guy complaining about a guest breaking his nose at Epcot.....
paranoid.gif

mergatroid

Original Poster
Let's hear more about this woman in high heels. Sounds like she might be a "professional."

I was walking from the parking lot to Downtown Disney with Mrs M as we were on our way to see 'La Nouba'. I saw these two figures ahead, one tall and one small. As we got closer (they were heading towards us) I thought "What the ....". The woman was all in black with bright red lipstick and had on a mini skirt, a garter belt, black fishnet stockings and really high heels. Her chest area was quite well displayed also and she had a lead with a dwarf attached on the other end who was also in black with a spikey collar. As we passed the dwarf ignored me however the lady said "Hello". As I said "hello" back, Mrs M gave me a look that said "Under no circumstances are you stopping and having a conversation with this woman".

To this day I have no idea what the whole thing was about but possibly would guess they were on their way to Pleasure Island or had seen a concert at The House of Blues?

draybook

Someone smoking something with a easily detectable pungent aroma by the castle in MK. Between being a resident assistant in college and all my years in law enforcement I quickly recognized that he was trying to enhance his magical day and whisked the kids away before they asked what the smell was.

We encountered this very thing by the little cove at the exit of the Everest Fastpass machines exit. It was broad daylight and these folks were puff, puff, passing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom