Whats something you love about WDW that many people don't like?

TheOrangeBird01

Does it get a lot of genuine hate? I find the complaining about how it's a tortuous ride with a song that gets stuck in your head, is mostly tongue in cheek.

I agree that it's mostly tongue in cheek, but I know a ton of people who refuse to even go near the ride. And the song isn't that bad ... ;)

Simba's Mom

Magical Express, going to WDW, not back to the hotel. So many people complain about it, but to me, it's part of the vacation. I love sitting on the bus, hearing people on their first trip with their Birnbaum Guide, planning out what they're going to do. Before DME started, I used to take the Mear's shuttle rather than a limo because meeting other people headed to WDW was "part of the experience" (as Clark Griswold said in "Vacation").

kjb101791

Universe of Energy and Living with the Land. And Small World. Also, my girlfriend inexplicably hates that I always buy watermelon and bubble gum jelly beans. Does she hate those flavors or does she hate me enjoying things?

Alice a

The Swan - small, walkable to multiple parks, good food on site, indoor corridors and elevators, Starbucks in the room, and Heavenly beds.

Yes, there is a parking fee and a resort fee, but it's still frequently cheaper than the Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach Club, and when you have an inconvenience, they offer a room discount or food voucher instead of an extra fast-pass.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I love the construction. I find it fascinating to watch the progression

I'm assuming you visit once a year over 10 years to keep up with Avatarland and Hollywood Studios! That would feel more like a normal rate of "progression"

I love the construction. I find it fascinating to watch the progression

I like all the planning. I feel like a lot of people I talk to get overwhelmed by planning so far in advance, and having to do ADR's and FP+. But I really love that part of it!

When it rains. I have zero idea why I like it so much but I absolutely love it when a brief shower rolls through.

I agree with all of the above, plus:
- hearing cheer groups rehearse
- listening to other ppl complain about Disney stuff (in an inoffensive way)

Brad Bishop

I love the fact that there's a lake in front of MK.

There's no other park, that I know of, where you park your car 1mi+ away and, in a sense, "leave it and the world behind".

I'd guess some people see the lake as just "in the way" and stupid that it's there but it's just amazing to me that people thought, "Let's put the park entrance on the shore of the lake and shuttle everyone over via ferry or monorail."

That wouldn't fly today. No one could calculate the ROI on it (because it's incalculable) and it would only be seen as an unnecessary cost both in building it and forever going forward.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I love the fact that there's a lake in front of MK.

There's no other park, that I know of, where you park your car 1mi+ away and, in a sense, "leave it and the world behind".

I'd guess some people see the lake as just "in the way" and stupid that it's there but it's just amazing to me that people thought, "Let's put the park entrance on the shore of the lake and shuttle everyone over via ferry or monorail."

That wouldn't fly today. No one could calculate the ROI on it (because it's incalculable) and it would only be seen as an unnecessary cost both in building it and forever going forward.

I agree 1000% I love the way MK is set up. Many people do hate it, it's an instant gratification world, and the idea of having to take a Ferry or a Monorail to the park is not appealing to that crowd. But I love it. I really really love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom