Whats something you love about WDW that many people don't like?

BigRedDad

There are 2 types of people: those who get Disney and those that don't. A family on my DD's team say they hate Disney. The reason was that there is a lack of thrill rides. I completely agree with that, but Disney is not just rides and that is what they don't get.

What I like is the complete immersion, being able to relax, absorb everything that is around, and people watch. It is most fun to watch those commando people dragging 4 kids screaming it is 11:05 and we have to be there by 11:10.

JIMINYCR

I enjoy a slow moving queue sometimes. It gives me more chances to photograph items and look for those small details that have been hidden along the way to the ride. I hate finding something interesting just as the line moves so I dont have the time to really look at it and move past it.
I enjoy pushing the limit, getting up early, staying til closing every day.
I enjoy a drenching rainstorm. It empties out the paths and walkways.
I also enjoy a greasy turkey leg that many on this site cant stand.

KCheatle

WDW is like a spouse to me - what other people look at and see as annoying, I look at and just absolutely love :) I love IASW and that song playing over and over again. I love COP even though its super outdated. I love when it rains and you can run in a poncho through the puddles and just get soaked, and I love the feeling of walking into an air conditioned ride and shivering because you're soaking wet. I love that I don't have to spend any time on my hair or makeup because, with the heat and humidity in Florida (which I love), there is no point. And, truthfully, I kind of love how expensive it is because you know that the vast majority of people that are there really want to be there and had to work really hard to get there, and it just makes the crowd around you so much more enjoyable than your average theme park crowd.

allgiggles

I love being in "the bubble" and completely immersed in Disney for 7 or 8 days. I love letting Disney take care of all of our cooking/dining needs. I love letting Disney do all the driving while we're there since we drive 1,100 miles to get there. I love how the experience is never the same twice. While I miss some of the old classic rides that no longer exist (like Snow White and Mr. Toad), I love that Disney always manages to come up with something new for us to enjoy. And while this doesn't quite fit in to the thread title/topic, I love watching all of my "kids" (ranging in age from 11-30) having fun and laughing together day after day while we're there. That certainly doesn't happen at home.

Princess_AmyK

I love the bus transportation. I hear a lot of people complain about being on the buses or about waiting for them. I have a lot of great memories waiting at the bus stations and riding around in the bus. To me, it doesn't feel like a Disney World vacation without the bus rides to the park early in the morning! I have had some great conversations with people and it is always so refreshing to get in the bus ac after a hot day in the parks.
I cant be the only one haha

roj2323

I dislike how many people think tomorrowland is in need of an overhaul. I like the retro future look and all the neons.

The look is fine, it's just the Tomorrowland speedway spewing fumes and the other mediocre attractions and the lack of maintenance on Space Mountain that make people think it needs an overhaul.

Launchpad McQuack

I think the wrapped buses are cool. I remember last year, people were complaining about the buses basically being rolling ads for Disney Infinity and Agent Carter, but I thought the Agent Carter bus looked awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom