what was the best WDW guest meltdown you've observed

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To be fair, there could be just as long a thread about all the AWESOME interactions we've had with random people at WDW. We've had a lot of really fun moments with other guests, far more than we've had negative ones.
Yeah, but those stories tend to be a lot less.;)

Epcot-Rules

2005 at the All Stars Music. I went to the food area to grab some coffee early in the morning. There was a man who looked to be about 55, dressed casual, screaming at one of the cashiers. He was telling her "do you know who the hell I am I should never have to pay for coffee". I felt very bad for the lady. He was going off for like 5 minutes. I finished making my coffee and proceeded to her register to pay. I told her to keep her head up, there are just natural born A$$ holes in this world. I told her my name is Mike, and I would be happy to pay for my coffee. She looked up at me and went on to tell me she was the manager and that I was so nice that I would not pay for anything that morning. For that matter she gave all 3 of my kids and my wife a resort cup so we would not have to pay the rest of our vacation. People should treat people the way they would like to be treated in life!!

NonnaT

While not all that epic, it was a scene my family references all the time.

Let me set the scene....We are near the E:E fast pass machines, sitting down and partaking in some of the local cuisine. We see a typical family. Mom, dad and 2 kids under 10. The thing that catches our attention is mom has a clipboard full of papers. It is quite obvious that mom is the general in this army of 4.

One of the little soldiers, lets call him Private Billy, asks to go to the bathroom.

General mom replies quite sternly "It is not in the schedule."

Private dad points out that there is a bathroom right over over here that Private Billy can use.

General mom again repeats the order in a much sterner tone "I said it is not in the schedule!!"

Private dad points out that this is their vacation as well and Private Billy should be allowed an unscheduled bathroom stop.

General mom looses it. She throws the clipboard in the air screams something to the effect of 'I quit!!!!" and storms off.

Newly promoted General dad directs Private Billy to the nearby bathroom. When Private Billy emerges from the bathroom, General dad, absolutely sick with his new found power, looks at his 2 remaining soldiers and asks "You guys want ice cream?"
Hilarious! Especially your delivery!

mergatroid

About 2 years ago we arrived at Epcot about 6pm as we had reservations at The Rose & Crown later that night during Illuminations. There was a lot of shouting ahead of us outside Club Cool and as we got closer we saw a guy pinned down on the floor with his face kissing the pavement. There was a crowd of people looking upset with him and shouting and pointing whilst the guy kneeling on his back looked like he knew what he was doing and wasn't going to let him go. A lady was on the floor nearby very upset and dazed and a cast member was coming out of Club Cool telling us all to stay calm, to leave the area and that security were on the way.

Turned out some guy had been drinking too much and gone on a drunken rampage assualting people for some reason. He'd firstly wondered backstage into a CM office and attacked somebody and taken a pvc pipe from somewhere. He'd then entered Club Cool with the pipe and attacked guests and a CM. Fortunately an off duty marine had been present and subdued and restrained him, ending his fun for the night. The story made the media the following day.

This story is about my own father and is actually pretty funny looking back. I have to say that he was (sadly he has passed) one of the craziest funniest people ever.
We went on a Disney trip with some neighbors one year and the one ladies brother met us down there. He carried a guide book everywhere we went in the park and asked 600 obvious questions..."Bob how longs the wait?" "Well Terry that sign says 20 minutes so i'm going with 20 minutes." One day at MGM we were waiting to see an afternoon parade, and it was crowded at the time as usual. The guy asked "hey Bob you think we can get some shade?" My dad just looks around as there are 300 other people waiting in the same hot sun and as many us are aware on Hollywood Blvd there really is little shade and yells, "does anyone have some shade? This guy is looking for some shade, can anyone get him any???" At the time being maybe 11 I was so embarressed, but now looking back I as many of the people around us at the park did laugh so hard thinking about it and find it hilarious! !!!!!!!!!!

Mickey5150

The kind of people I read about in threads like this make me fear for the future of our society. My opinion is that even the worst day at WDW is still better than the best day of almost anything else.
This is truly the reason I never have anything to complain about with Walt Disney World. It's always better.

DisneyPrincess5

About 2 years ago we arrived at Epcot about 6pm as we had reservations at The Rose & Crown later that night during Illuminations. There was a lot of shouting ahead of us outside Club Cool and as we got closer we saw a guy pinned down on the floor with his face kissing the pavement. There was a crowd of people looking upset with him and shouting and pointing whilst the guy kneeling on his back looked like he knew what he was doing and wasn't going to let him go. A lady was on the floor nearby very upset and dazed and a cast member was coming out of Club Cool telling us all to stay calm, to leave the area and that security were on the way.

Turned out some guy had been drinking too much and gone on a drunken rampage assualting people for some reason. He'd firstly wondered backstage into a CM office and attacked somebody and taken a pvc pipe from somewhere. He'd then entered Club Cool with the pipe and attacked guests and a CM. Fortunately an off duty marine had been present and subdued and restrained him, ending his fun for the night. The story made the media the following day.
Glad to see (I'm assuming) that your broken nose at Epcot you refer to in your signature wasn't from this incident!!

StarWarsGirl

I didn't see this one, but my father last trip went into a restroom and saw a man beating this little girl. Not just spanking her or anything, but beating her. He said he didn't think it was the father, but from what he could tell, it was not good. He stared at the man until the man saw them and then followed them out and watched the girl go to what looked to be her mother. He said it was bad enough that he nearly went to find a CM to call security.

Another time, I walked into a ladies room and saw an obviously drunk man standing there. I found another restroom.

G00fyDad

Watched a meltdown between a husband and wife. The guy was apparently not a Disney fan while the wife was. From the time we began our way in the lengthy line on Space Mtn, he griped about every facet of their trip. The lines were long, the food was expensive, the weather was rainy or hot, on and on and on. Finally it turned into a full blown war between the two of them and they turned around, left the line and stormed off. I've wondered if their marriage ever survived the rest of the trip.

I hear/see this almost every trip we have ever taken. You don't have to look hard. Usually there is no meltdown, but you can tell who was "dragged" to Disney and feels like they are "wasting their time" at a kiddie park. These jerks should just stay home.

2005 at the All Stars Music. I went to the food area to grab some coffee early in the morning. There was a man who looked to be about 55, dressed casual, screaming at one of the cashiers. He was telling her "do you know who the hell I am I should never have to pay for coffee". I felt very bad for the lady. He was going off for like 5 minutes. I finished making my coffee and proceeded to her register to pay. I told her to keep her head up, there are just natural born A$$ holes in this world. I told her my name is Mike, and I would be happy to pay for my coffee. She looked up at me and went on to tell me she was the manager and that I was so nice that I would not pay for anything that morning. For that matter she gave all 3 of my kids and my wife a resort cup so we would not have to pay the rest of our vacation. People should treat people the way they would like to be treated in life!!

Was it this guy?
juan-valdez.jpeg

Just got back last night, I was @ Casey's Corner having dinner there was a family next to me at the standup tables. Son (age I'm guessing upper teens) I guess didn't like where the daughter picked to go to dinner had melt down with parents storms off (close to entrance to store next to CC stops turns around and starts yelling at his parents that he didn't want to eat there and they always do what daughter (I'm guessing young teen if that old) wants to do and he wasn't going to eat there. His father walked over to him and whispered to him about going somewhere else to eat and he said he wanted to go there because he remember going there when he was little. Father and son walk off together and Mother and daughter was left standing there. Mother asked daughter who was crying by now if she wanted to stay there and she said yes so Mother went off to order their meals. The tables across from me were saying...well that was special and everyone one else was just looking at each other. I felt so sorry for the daughter because she had to hear what the people were saying and the people just look around.

mergatroid

Just got back last night, I was @ Casey's Corner having dinner there was a family next to me at the standup tables. Son (age I'm guessing upper teens) I guess didn't like where the daughter picked to go to dinner had melt down with parents storms off (close to entrance to store next to CC stops turns around and starts yelling at his parents that he didn't want to eat there and they always do what daughter (I'm guessing young teen if that old) wants to do and he wasn't going to eat there. His father walked over to him and whispered to him about going somewhere else to eat and he said he wanted to go there because he remember going there when he was little. Father and son walk off together and Mother and daughter was left standing there. Mother asked daughter who was crying by now if she wanted to stay there and she said yes so Mother went off to order their meals. The tables across from me were saying...well that was special and everyone one else was just looking at each other. I felt so sorry for the daughter because she had to hear what the people were saying and the people just look around.

My wife and I don't have children so maybe it's not for me to comment, but I'm going to anyway. Unless that teenage boy had learning difficulties of some sort, they should have either made him suck it up and stay or just told him he's not eating then and made him wait. Bowing down to a tantrum like this and rewarding him by giving him what he wants will only make it harder later in life for him when he doesn't get what he wants. A boy his age should also show more respect for his family (especially in public) and I can't help thinking his bad upbringing has helped create this little monster in the first place.

G00fyDad

Not sure what the meltdown stemmed from, but we once watched this woman storm off from around the Germany pavilion during F&W then watched as a male (husband/bf?) shouted very loudly after her "FINE! F*** YOU THEN!!" an he stormed off in the opposite direction. I can only imagine the reunion as they met up once again on the other side of WS.

JIMINYCR

I hear/see this almost every trip we have ever taken. You don't have to look hard. Usually there is no meltdown, but you can tell who was "dragged" to Disney and feels like they are "wasting their time" at a kiddie park. These jerks should just stay home.
The couple I saw got into it so bad with the anger at each other and the swearing ( I thought it would soon be followed by hits) that If they hadnt turned around and left I was sure the CM's would have called security.

G00fyDad

As I was cutting through Fantasyland just prior to Wishes, I had to reroute due to a husband screaming at his wife for spending over $1,000 in three days on fancy dinners and shopping.

I didn't stay for the argument, but it did make me think "Gosh, I wish I were in on that shopping and dining trip!"

$1000 in three days at Disney for meals and shopping?? LOL Done.

These represent three of our actual days we have spent at WDW during one of our trips...
Day one
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's x3 people = $111
Lunch at Casey's Corner x3 people = $38
Dinner at LTT x3 people = $114
Shopping ($ per person) = $120

Day two
Breakfast at Donald's Safari (AK) x3 people = $100
Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ x3 people = $51
Dinner at Rainforest Cafe x3 people = $113

Day three
Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table x3 people = $180
Lunch at SciFi Dine In x3 people = $108
Dinner at 50's Prime Time x3 people = $69

Total: $1,724

Epcot-Rules

$1000 in three days at Disney for meals and shopping?? LOL Done.

These represent three of our actual days we have spent at WDW during one of our trips...
Day one
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's x3 people = $111
Lunch at Casey's Corner x3 people = $38
Dinner at LTT x3 people = $114

Day two
Breakfast at Donald's Safari (AK) x3 people = $100
Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ x3 people = $51
Dinner at Rainforest Cafe x3 people = $113

Day three
Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table x3 people = $180
Lunch at SciFi Dine In x3 people = $108
Dinner at 50's Prime Time x3 people = $69

Total: $1,724
I'm with you. I was thinking if we only spent 1K in 3 days I would be a happy man. Some of those meals at the restaurants we eat at can run $300 per sit down twice daily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom