What should NOT have been replaced?

mrtoad

Originally posted by SNS
The stuff from Mr. Toad now decorates the offices of several cast members who liked the ride.

I'm glad to hear that. It would be a shame for it to rot, though I know a lot of other stuff has.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by SNS
Even if you don't see it as a classic, no ride deserves to be treated like that.
It's a ride for crying out loud! It has no feelings!! Deserves to be treated like that? It's an inanimate object! It's business people, whether you like it or not. It's going to happen again and again and again. I agree with Meeko.

SNS

Originally posted by SpongeScott
It's a ride for crying out loud! It has no feelings!! Deserves to be treated like that? It's an inanimate object! It's business people, whether you like it or not. It's going to happen again and again and again. I agree with Meeko.

So let's burn all the paintings & demolish all the historical landmarks, after all they don't feel anything :rolleyes:

SpongeScott

Originally posted by SNS
So let's burn all the paintings & demolish all the historical landmarks, after all they don't feel anything :rolleyes:
THEY don't feel anything--they are not living organisms. You/we are the ones with feelings towards them. As for paintings and historical landmarks, these are tied to events in history, which makes them timeless/priceless. We are talking about rides at a themed park. Not much of a comparison.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by SNS
I just find it disgusting that something that a lot of love & care was put into is cut into pieces & thrown in a dumpster.
Now you're making sense!:) I have no problem with your passion towards this issue; we simply don't agree and I look at it from Disney's viewpoint. I just have bigger fish to fry in life than to worry about a ride being dismantled/destroyed.

Snapper Bean

1. SuperStar Television: Right now I think MGM is actually a weaker park than Animal Kingdom. SuperStar Television was always, held a huge amout of people and would have been very easy to update with new clips. I presume that huge theatre is just sitting there vacant.

2. World of Motion: I love Test Track but I seem to recall someone asserting that Test Track could have been built around World of Motion and I think that should have been done.

3. Upstairs of the Imagination Pavilion: I'm not sure it even qualifies as being replaced but there seems to be little reason for that to lie dormant.

Snapper Bean

PixyDust

Originally posted by mrtoad
Do you know what happened to the stuff from Mr. Toad? I would love to get one of the cars to use for seating in my family room. That would be cool!

I saw some of the cars (but I think they were actually from DisneyLand) on eBay. Been a couple of months ago.

As far as rides gone by the wayside,
I miss Mr. Toad the most.

Walter

Horizons, World of Motion, the Original Imagination, Toad, Dreamflight, and 20KL should never have been closed. All of these attractions still to this day have people complaining about their closure, myself included. I am also a firm believer that no attraction should be treated as a dust bunny to be swept under the carpet to be forgotten forever, as if it is a parasite. People will never truly fully get over these attractions, that is why I believe some tribute should be made for extinct attractions. It doesn't have to be anything big, but we should have something. And, yes, I know that they are just buildings, and have no feelings, but I don't mean it that way. What I mean is that people get attached to some of these "buildings," and I do not believe that something that many people grow attached to should be treated like a piece of dirt.

I also don't think that AE should have closed, but I'm not sure if a long-term "I miss it" factor will come into play. I'll just have to wait and see.

Brer Tiger

20K under the sea rign a bell to anyone? i never rode the ride, my first trip to disneyworld, it had just closed. i have seen videos of it on the internet, and it looked cool. i wish they would have kept it. hey, it might have been slow and had bad loading times, but heck, 10k under the sea was alot better than what they have in the lagoon today. ( NOTHING OTHER THAN A STATUE OF KING TRITON NEAR AREIL'S GROTTO.:dazzle: :veryconfu

cloudboy

Not so much that they should have kept them as they exactly were, rather that they should have either updated them or at least done a much better job updating them...

1. Horizons - It needed an updating, BAD. But it was the best dark ride at Epcot - you really felt like you were going somewhere - it immersed you in an environment like no other ride could. Mind you, I don't think they could ever bring it back now as it was - there was something more than just the ride with that one.

2. World of Motion. I know GM had a lot to do with this, but the new ride seems to me to be nothing more than a car sales ad. The theme is Transportation, NOT Cars. They really could have done something much more intersting with this ride.

3. Tiki Room. Not that I don't think the show shouldn't have been changed at all, but Iago? This really should be updated better (but wait until someone who CAN do a good job with it is in power!)

4. The ORIGINAL imaginarium (or whateer it was called). The dark ride's updates really wern't good, either, but they tried and so I will not include that part. But the imaginarium should have ben kept, at least. How much of that is still there?

77johnson77

The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter , Journey Into Imagination, Horizons , Diamond Horseshoe Jamboree shouldnt have been replaced IMO

KaliSplash

Well, I realize I'm old fashioned. I can't forgive myself that I didn't visit the park for the first time until 1979. I thought it would be just another roller coaster-filled Six Flags.
I hate I missed the Plaza Swan Boats, I doubt they were very exciting, but I think one of the keys to the park is to have a variety of attractions, high-speed, intense, dark, outdoors, open, slow, and a variety of shows, both live and audio-animatronic.
But on to the subject, I liked the Magic Carpet Around the World, though Timekeeper should be a keeper! I liked the Mission to Mars, being a space junkie, but there is no question that this attraction is now done orders of magnitude better over at Epcot.
I also liked If You Had Wings. But Buzz Lightyear is wonderfully adictive. I was never a big DreamFlight fan.
I miss Mr. Toad, just for the final scene. Also miss Fantasy Faire, although it appears that Mickey's Philharmagic will be a good replacement that I look forward to seeing this summer.
I wish they would let the original Tiki Room Theme play all the way through before the new material starts. I also greatly miss the former pre show. Lurk-Lurk!!
I prefer the original music from Listen to the Land. The Kitchen Kabaret was also a favorite, although I liked Food Rocks.
The original Journey Into Imagination was superior, particulary the opening segment and song with Dreamfinder. The rest of the ride actually makes more sense now.
I prefer the Walter Cronkite narration on Spaceship Earth, with the Tomorrow's Child theme.
I also miss World of Motion and Horizens greatly. But Mission Space and Test Track are GREAT attractions, particulary Mission Space. On the other hand, the revamp of Universe of Energy with Ellen is better than the original, except for the cool closing music in the original version.
I also greatly miss Superstar TV. Perhaps because I was almost always picked to be a character. I've done the cue card holder, the newscaster, the Golden Girls' neighbors and Thurston J. Howell III!
I also prefer the originally Chevy Chase movie in Sound Show.
I suppose my basic approach would be to ONLY expand the parks and update a bit. Spread the crowd, cut down on wait times and eliminate the stupid Fast Pass system. I realize the financial realities and I know many of the old attractions were nearly empty toward the end of their lives.
But the single most important thing I miss:
The Main Street Electrical Parade!!!!

cloudboy

Both Walter Cronkite and Jeremy Irons have very "deep in time" voices, but somehow I find that Jeremy Iron's voice is too forboding in the ride. I prefered Walter Cronkites.

MadameCheshire

I believe that Mr. Toads Wild Ride shouldn't have been replaced. It was such a fun ride. Even though I was 4 I still remember it, and liked it a great deal. :(

MadameCheshire

Oh, and 20k Leagues under the sea shouldn't have beedn replaced. That was one of the rides that I never got a chance to ride, but heard it was quite good.

-Sam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom