What Legacy has left behind.. 7/20 pics

wedway71

Actually, the peeling orange paint under the seats should come first, I think.

But I do not want to take away from the good that is being done, just in these updates to SSE -- getting rid of the wand and moving toward getting rid of Leave a Legacy...

I would like to see them release a DVD of the EPCOT Center opening celebration TV special, as part of the anniversary. That special was hosted by Danny Kaye, and really was a throw-back to the optimism of the time period.... not to mention the Jetsons-style clothes of EPCOT at the time!

Paul

I agree.The first night they need to power blast the benches to get the mildew off. Next night repaint under the benches.

The Mom

Premium Member
Looks like a great place to meet the rest of your party; shade, a bench to sit on, and easy to find. :ROFLOL:

Could be the new official "meet up with other wdwmagic folks in Epcot" spot. ;)

lilredfoxie

And wisdom has spoken. :cool:

Epcot's architecture needs to follow its own timelessly futuristic style instead of trying to be "modern"; for example, compare the Wonders of Life marquee and interior to World of Motion/Test Track's simple cylinder. "Modern" will be "outdated" within 2-5 years.

A simple yellow ceiling is much less outdated than the late 90s triangles that were part of the Millennium celebration.

World of Motion had that timeless futuristic look, however Test track with all the scaffolding and things tacked onto the builing, is starting to look somewhat dated, it was modern and snazzy for what was considered modern in the late 90s.

jmuboy

The World of Motion/Test Track building still maintains it's classic look (for the most part) when viewed from the World Showcase where all the "extras" added to the front of the building are not visible.

CedricCSCFL

Here's a photo of a LAL sign that was still up when I went to Epcot on Saturday:
20070722EpcotFilms072Small-vi.jpg

It pointed to the area shown in the pictures in this thread's original post.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
But here's the other side of the same sign:

PJMLO-25273026-100_2999.JPG

Slowly yet surely it'll all be gone.

ETA: There's two matching signs btw, both have the one side changed and the other left as it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom