What Legacy has left behind.. 7/20 pics

The Mom

Premium Member
Just out of curiosity, what was in that spot before they put the leave a legacy sales booths and stuff? Was it open like that?

Once upon a time, Epcot (or EPCOT) had lots of wide open spaces. I would head over there when I started feeling claustrophobic by all the crowds in MK (this was before MGM & AK) The Daughter was still using a stroller, so it was a place where I could stroll her in the heavy, blue vinyl ones that had that great footrest that was wonderful for a napping child, but deadly to pedestrians without fear of maiming someone if either I or they were inattentive.

There was room to breathe, and move freely without bumping into anyone, or having to navigate around multiple carts and kiosks. Yes, they're more convenient because you don't have to take the time to go into a store or restaurant just to pick up one item, but they do give the place a very cluttered look, IMO.

The Mom

Premium Member
I found an old pre-LaL photo, and the flowerbeds are filled with yellow and orange flowers (along with Fantasia topiaries- it must have been around the time of its re-release) so perhaps the ceilings were coordinated with the plantings? Or the plantings were coordinated with the ceiling? :ROFLOL:

cymbaldiva

The pictures are absolutely gorgeous ... the area now looks just as I remember it :)

Let's hope it still looks that way when I get there in 51 days :animwink:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Color schemes have always been very cyclical.

If they repainted it now, it will be out of vogue next year.

Leave it as it is, and it will eventually come back around to be in vogue again and again.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Just pointing this out:

*points to signature* Seriously, not funny. :(

I've seen this problem crop up before, probably the best thing to do is insert a watermark into your pictures so that if they DO get lifted, at least you get proper credit for them.

brkgnews

I've seen this problem crop up before, probably the best thing to do is insert a watermark into your pictures so that if they DO get lifted, at least you get proper credit for them.
Bingo. I always put a watermark and an "exclusively for wdwmagic.com" on my stuff.

lilredfoxie

Once upon a time, Epcot (or EPCOT) had lots of wide open spaces. I would head over there when I started feeling claustrophobic by all the crowds in MK (this was before MGM & AK) The Daughter was still using a stroller, so it was a place where I could stroll her in the heavy, blue vinyl ones that had that great footrest that was wonderful for a napping child, but deadly to pedestrians without fear of maiming someone if either I or they were inattentive.

There was room to breathe, and move freely without bumping into anyone, or having to navigate around multiple carts and kiosks. Yes, they're more convenient because you don't have to take the time to go into a store or restaurant just to pick up one item, but they do give the place a very cluttered look, IMO.

The last time I was at Epcot when it was truely epcot center was when I was 8 years old, and I dont remember much about the front entrance. I do remember in 1999 when I was there and it looked like a maze of blue construction walls

tirian

Color schemes have always been very cyclical.

If they repainted it now, it will be out of vogue next year.

Leave it as it is, and it will eventually come back around to be in vogue again and again.

And wisdom has spoken. :cool:

Epcot's architecture needs to follow its own timelessly futuristic style instead of trying to be "modern"; for example, compare the Wonders of Life marquee and interior to World of Motion/Test Track's simple cylinder. "Modern" will be "outdated" within 2-5 years.

A simple yellow ceiling is much less outdated than the late 90s triangles that were part of the Millennium celebration.

brkgnews

And wisdom has spoken. :cool:

Epcot's architecture needs to follow its own timelessly futuristic style instead of trying to be "modern"; for example, compare the Wonders of Life marquee and interior to World of Motion/Test Track's simple cylinder. "Modern" will be "outdated" within 2-5 years.

A simple yellow ceiling is much less outdated than the late 90s triangles that were part of the Millennium celebration.
People's exhibit A... the allegedly "contemporary" hotel.
:lookaroun

brkgnews

One of my favorite lines from the Adventurers Club last time I went... "oooh -- We're the 'contemporary' hotel. We gave the front desk clerks purple jackets and called it a 'refurb.'"

The Mom

Premium Member
Anything posted online (especially on a web board) becomes fair game to be copied and reposted to another web board. ESPECIALLY if you do not have it copyrighted.

Fair game? Perhaps. Passing off someone else's work as your own? Tacky, tacky, tacky. Even if you don't know the exact source, a simple "I found this on such and such site" would be the right thing to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom