1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you do?

Discussion in 'Running at WDW' started by GoofyFan1, Apr 12, 2010.

1. dreamfinder

dreamfinder Well-Known Member

Knee still hurting, trying to rehab it. Sun was 5m@2i@8:30, plus another 6 and change on the bike. Today was bike.

2. LizaMarie89

LizaMarie89 Active Member

I hope your knee gets better quickly!

Transitioned to outside again today after being stuck inside due to the weather.

For the first time in my life I ran 7 miles... and yet I still don't feel like I can call myself a runner cause I don't actually run all of it.

JillC LI and Texas84 like this.
  3. Texas84

Texas84 DVC Fan Boy Premium Member

Nothing wrong with walk breaks.

Swissmiss likes this.
  4. JillC LI

JillC LI Well-Known Member

6 miles on Sunday. Planning on 5 more miles later today, hopefully outdoors if I can get home before dark.

@LizaMarie89, if you run then you are a runner. 7 miles is a long distance. If you decide you want to ditch the walking breaks, then slow your pace down a bit and do it gradually. But like Tex said, nothing wrong with walk breaks.

Texas84, LAKid53 and Swissmiss like this.
  5. Texas84

6. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

My feet, quads and calves tell me I'm a runner....

If I don't get at least 2 runs in each week, I'm grouchy. Even if I've had to drag myself out of bed and have that internal conversation, "yes, it would be nice to sleep another hour; it's really cold/dark/foggy/rainy/getting hot, but....."

Texas84 likes this.
  7. LizaMarie89

Slow 4.5 today on the TM after having to drag myself to the gym.

8. Swissmiss

Swissmiss Well-Known Member

About 2.75 miles in my collective training session for a 10K race.

9. LizaMarie89

4.5 slowly on the TM - moving my long run to tomorrow because of scheduling do tried to take it easy.

Texas84 and JillC LI like this.
  10. psherman42

psherman42 Well-Known Member

I did 3.6 outside today. Only my second run since Wine and Dine last year lol (thanks winter..I hate treadmill running). It's hard to believe it's a month until the Dark Side..

11. Texas84

20 miles for the week. 3-5-3 and 9 this morning. Great weather, mornings in the high 50s with a bright quarter moon. Dogwoods in full bloom and cherry trees about to bloom, just in time for our cherry blossom festival.

Also hit the lottery for the Atlanta Peachtree Road Race July 4. 60,000 crazy people running a 10K. In July. In Atlanta. :)

JillC LI, psherman42 and Swissmiss like this.
  12. LizaMarie89

In need of some pixie dust. Just was starting my 8 mile run for the week and wiped out and sprained my ankle. I'm freaking out slightly

13. Swissmiss

So sorry to hear this - but make sure you give it the time it needs to heal properly. I injured myself during my DLP half training (3 months before the race) and couldn't run all summer. I made sure to do other activities (like the bike) during the period I couldn't run to keep in shape. Was able to start running again about 4 weeks before the race. In the end I was only able to run a third of it and walked two thirds of it, but I achieved my goal of finishing a half marathon for my 50th. So provided you can walk, you'll be able to participate and finish :)

LAKid53 and Texas84 like this.
  14. Swissmiss

Between 3.5 and 3.7 miles; depends if I believe my Garmin or Runkeeper; most times they say the same distance but every so often I get strange readings like today.

@dreamfinder - how's your knee doing?

Texas84 likes this.
  15. JillC LI

8 miles Saturday morning. Gorgeous weather. Wanted to keep going but had an appointment.

Ugh. From someone who has had ankle surgery, I sympathize. Follow RICE (Rest, Ice Compression, and Elevation), and hopefully it's not a bad sprain.

Texas84 likes this.
  16. Texas84

Yep, rest, don't push it and make it worse. Check with your doc if you don't feel better in a few days.

17. Swissmiss

A so-so 2 miles running home from work.

18. JillC LI

Got a treadmill mat and put it under the rear of my treadmill for yesterday's 3.6 mile run to try to accommodate for that annoying incline problem. It DID help but it was designed to go under the whole TM, not just the rear feet. So when I checked the mat after my run, it had deep gouges in it from the feet which will likely quickly become holes so I'm not sure how long it will last, even if I move it around to different spots on the mat.

Swissmiss and Texas84 like this.
  19. JillC LI

5 miles outdoors yesterday afternoon. Meant to do 4.5 miles but I started out on the wrong neighborhood route and didn't realize it until I was more than halfway through the loop. I was pressed for time so I was a tad annoyed with myself when I realized it, but nothing I could do at that point but run faster! LOL

Swissmiss and Texas84 like this.
  20. Swissmiss

Another group training - 1 mile warm up and then speed intervals for just under another 2 miles (200 meters fast, 100 meters recovery)

JillC LI and Texas84 like this.