What did you do?

JillC LI

Been MIA on here lately. To catch up, I did a 5, a 4 and a 3.5 mile run last week. Then I started off the New Year as I always do with one of my longer runs: 9 miles on 1/1/17. In fact, it was my longest run since last New Year's Day and my sprained knee in 2016. And then I went out and ordered a new treadmill. I've had it dealing with my old one. I just hope I get as much out of the new one as I did my old one (11 years and over 3500 indoor miles). It should be delivered next week.

Oh, and the kids now know we are going to WDW in a few weeks! We all can't wait!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Been MIA on here lately. To catch up, I did a 5, a 4 and a 3.5 mile run last week. Then I started off the New Year as I always do with one of my longer runs: 9 miles on 1/1/17. In fact, it was my longest run since last New Year's Day and my sprained knee in 2016. And then I went out and ordered a new treadmill. I've had it dealing with my old one. I just hope I get as much out of the new one as I did my old one (11 years and over 3500 indoor miles). It should be delivered next week.

Oh, and the kids now know we are going to WDW in a few weeks! We all can't wait!

What brand did you buy? I've been thinking of getting a TM - will be advantageous for those warmer months here in Florida from April to November. Costco has a few on sale right now....

LAKid53

Premium Member
Another 3-5-3 Light Side training week done, one more to go. 12-miler this weekend. Morning temps have been around 60 but a cold front is moving in now. Back to the cold weather gear Saturday.

Brrrr...the cold is back...

With wind chill, the weather folks are saying lows in the 20s this weekend in North Florida! Finally, cold...and I hope it hangs around for most of the month. We need to kill this year's crop of mosquitoes - plus June, July, August, September will arrive sooner than we think.

Guess my 4 miler with another minute mile will be on the TM at the gym. It was sure foggy yesterday.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Only 2.44 miles at a slow pace of 14:44.

Got a late start this AM because yesterday, after a few days break from running/working out, my trainer decided we would (actually, just me) do fitness/strength test. Squat pressed 215 lbs and chest/shoulder pressed 80 - record for this mature lady! The only part of my body that isn't sore is my core...even though I held a plank for 60 seconds.

I soooo want a nap....

JillC LI

What brand did you buy? I've been thinking of getting a TM - will be advantageous for those warmer months here in Florida from April to November. Costco has a few on sale right now....

I bought the Sole F63. Sole gets great reviews by treadmilldoctor.com, and the price was great. It sounds perfect for someone who does 3-5 mile runs a few times a week on it. It doesn't have many bells or whistles, but I don't use preprogrammed workouts anyway. I tested it in the store and liked the feel of it. It folds and rolls which was important to me, and it has a fan to blow in my face which I like. Hopefully it will be as good as it seems. I considered getting the F80 for the longer warranty, but I decided it wasn't worth the extra $500 to me and I'd take the risk. My last TM went 11 years without any service issues - I should be so lucky again!

surfsupdon

I did a 40min run which was almost 5miles in the FREEZING cold. My gym workout was a lot nicer beforehand (shoulders/abs).

But I'm glad I got the run in. My gmom passed last week and running, along with my faith, have really helped me manage myself since her passing.

Keep training for life everybody :)
Nice work!

JillC LI

4m of speedwork on TM last night. The faster I run on it, the worse it sounds and feels, so that makes me feel like I did the right thing investing in a new one. It has enough miles on it for me to have run from NY to London (~3400)!
Delivery date is next Tuesday, but I'm hoping to do my long run outdoors with weekend, snow permitting, so hopefully I won't have to use the old one again.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So after my magic mile, my left knee nearly buckled during the distance miles. Ended up walking most of the first mile, then the frigging treadmill decided to go into Cool Down mode at 1.84 miles....and the Stop button wasn't working, so I had to hit the emergency stop and lost all my stats. :mad:

So restarted to run another 2.16 miles and the dang thing went into Cool Down again near the end. So upped the pace so I could finish 4 miles at Disney's minimum. And discovered that the Cool Down button wasn't working either....

I hate the TMs at my gym .....

Texas84

Again, sorry for everyone that missed the half this morning. I woke up to a wind chill of 16 and was worried about ice. Looked outside and the puddles on the golf course cart path were liquid so figured the ground was too warm. Put on an extra layer and went for a 10-miler, my last Light Side training long run. And thanks to the cold, it was a fast run! Off to Anaheim Saturday!

LAKid53

Premium Member
I bought the Sole F63. Sole gets great reviews by treadmilldoctor.com, and the price was great. It sounds perfect for someone who does 3-5 mile runs a few times a week on it. It doesn't have many bells or whistles, but I don't use preprogrammed workouts anyway. I tested it in the store and liked the feel of it. It folds and rolls which was important to me, and it has a fan to blow in my face which I like. Hopefully it will be as good as it seems. I considered getting the F80 for the longer warranty, but I decided it wasn't worth the extra $500 to me and I'd take the risk. My last TM went 11 years without any service issues - I should be so lucky again!

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look at the website and see if any of the ones Costco sells are recommended. This month's issue of Runner's World included a review of a few TMs, but I'm not paying $5000 for one if the just under $1000 at Costco is decent. Plus, it's got 2 big fans - I wish I could have plugged it in to give it a test run. I'm sure the other members in the store would have been entertained, lol.

JillC LI

Sorry to all those who couldn't run the Half this weekend. That's a bummer.
As for me, I had one of my coolest runs ever on Saturday morning. We were expecting snow that day, so I got up early to squeeze in 7 miles. When I got up, the snow had already started to fall. There was a coating on the sidewalk but the streets weren't too slippery so I decided to go for it. In all my years of running and conditions I've run in, I've never run in falling snow. It was super cold out but I was dressed properly, and it was so pretty to run in. I took it slow so I wouldn't fall, but I'm so glad I had that experience.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look at the website and see if any of the ones Costco sells are recommended. This month's issue of Runner's World included a review of a few TMs, but I'm not paying $5000 for one if the just under $1000 at Costco is decent. Plus, it's got 2 big fans - I wish I could have plugged it in to give it a test run. I'm sure the other members in the store would have been entertained, lol.

Yeah, I won't buy a TM without trying it. I went to town at Dick's Sporting Goods before buying this one - wore my running shoes and brought a ponytail band and everything. LOL. If the one at Costco is out on the floor, I'd ask them to plug it in for you!

I saw that article in RW - 9 out of 10 of them were priced for the rich and famous. My new one gets delivered tomorrow and it does have a fan too which I'm excited about.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Slogged thru 30 minutes on the treadmill at work - was motivated this morning as I left home but as the day wore on my motivation wore off . I was rewarded for putting in the effort in the end, because it put me in the right place at the right time to run into a friend I haven't seen in years - you know the type whose company you really enjoy but with whom you drift apart when kids activities overtake any and all free time you have...

LAKid53

Premium Member
3.03 miles this morning. Wow, what a difference a 25 degree change in temperature made in my pace. Not that I want to run again in mid 30s temps, but it was getting warm mid way through my run. Expected high is near 80 today.

My Surge is giving me fits (no pun intended). This is the second time the run tracking won't stop when I hit pause at the end of my run. Fortunately, I saw what the mileage was, but it continued to go. Finally, after 10 minutes of teeth nashing (and some words Mom won't let me type on this site), I finally got it to pause. But by that time, I'd run nearly another 1/2 mile and 5 minutes. So now don't have really good stats as far as pacing since the dang thing now refuses to sync to my phone. :mad:

Any suggestions for a new tracker? Prefer one that has built in GPS since I don't take my phone with my on my runs. Thanks!

11 miler scheduled Sunday in prep for Princess Half next month. Oh, joy.... ;)

And I'm leaving for a week at Disney on Monday...

JillC LI

New TM arrived last night. Thank goodness I paid for delivery to my basement level plus assembly or it would still be on my front porch. The two guys who brought it in worked like dogs to carry that thing! I only tested it briefly and will go for a normal run on it tonight, but it seems great.

Texas84

So, headed for Disneyland Light Side Saturday. Strained a hammy Tuesday after my way-too-fast 3-miler in the freezing cold. Ran 2-milers Wed & Thu and was a bit of a struggle but my times were good. I think I'll be fine Sunday after two days rest.

LAKid53

Premium Member
New TM arrived last night. Thank goodness I paid for delivery to my basement level plus assembly or it would still be on my front porch. The two guys who brought it in worked like dogs to carry that thing! I only tested it briefly and will go for a normal run on it tonight, but it seems great.

That's part of my issue with getting one...where do I put it? We don't have basements in Florida - they'd end up being indoor swimming pools, lol. My house wasn't built on a slab - I have a foundation. And a 2 story home. The bedroom that has quickly become the junk room would be perfect, but it's upstairs and I'm not sure the weight (and me pounding away on it) can be supported.

So that's my dilemma. I've found one that I'm comfortable with the price and it got good reviews. But I don't want to end up in my garage on top of my truck one evening while running on it.

Oh, well.... :(

LAKid53

Premium Member
So, headed for Disneyland Light Side Saturday. Strained a hammy Tuesday after my way-too-fast 3-miler in the freezing cold. Ran 2-milers Wed & Thu and was a bit of a struggle but my times were good. I think I'll be fine Sunday after two days rest.

Have a great trip and run. Just make sure to check the weather as Southern California is getting slammed with record rains and they've talking major flooding. My home town needs the rain, but not in Noah's Ark quantities.....

JillC LI

That's part of my issue with getting one...where do I put it? We don't have basements in Florida - they'd end up being indoor swimming pools, lol. My house wasn't built on a slab - I have a foundation. And a 2 story home. The bedroom that has quickly become the junk room would be perfect, but it's upstairs and I'm not sure the weight (and me pounding away on it) can be supported.

So that's my dilemma. I've found one that I'm comfortable with the price and it got good reviews. But I don't want to end up in my garage on top of my truck one evening while running on it.

Oh, well.... :(

Yeah, I see your problem. You do kinda need a ground floor for it, I suppose.
I did my first run on the new one last night. It felt good and I'm happy with it although the perceived exertion at the same pace was very different on the new one than the old one. I'll have to adjust to some new settings to get the same workout. Not a big deal, I guess, but I was used to calculating workouts with the old numbers.

Greenlawler

Well, today was eventful :facepalm:

Four miles at a pretty steady 9:15 pace, earliest I have even been able to do that well less than a week out of a marathon.

until...

mile 5 when for the first time in a decade of running I tripped and hit the concrete hard.

Bruised ribs and lots of bleeding.

Looks like I'm out for a few days. Oh well maybe that won't happen again for another decade.

I wrestled in high school but was curious about boxing....I can now assure all I would never box.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom