What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Well, today was eventful :facepalm:

Four miles at a pretty steady 9:15 pace, earliest I have even been able to do that well less than a week out of a marathon.

until...

mile 5 when for the first time in a decade of running I tripped and hit the concrete hard.

Bruised ribs and lots of bleeding.

Looks like I'm out for a few days. Oh well maybe that won't happen again for another decade.

Oh, man, that bites! Hope you recover quickly.

The one and only time I fell during a run, I fractured the radial head in my left arm and severely sprained my wrist - the doctor was surprised I didn't break that too. Took months of recovery, still don't have full strength and probably will never be able to fully extend my left arm, in spite of several months of physical therapy and strengthing routines at the gym.

I feel your pain, literally...

Texas84

Well, today was eventful :facepalm:

Four miles at a pretty steady 9:15 pace, earliest I have even been able to do that well less than a week out of a marathon.

until...

mile 5 when for the first time in a decade of running I tripped and hit the concrete hard.

Looks like I'm out for a few days. Oh well maybe that won't happen again for another decade.

I wrestled in high school but was curious about boxing....I can now assure all I would never box.

Yikes, get well soon.

Texas84

OK, so I ran the Light Side Half this morning. Goal was to beat two hours. Ran out of gas at mile 9 and finished 2:00:10. Can you believe that? But 12th in my age group. Cheered up when I saw that. Oh, and that was my 5th PR set at Disneyland, two DL Half and three Light Side. Love running here. Even flatter than Orlando. Those Florida overpasses ya know.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
First workout since the full as I was on the road in Europe last week and didn't have my cold weather gear with me.

Yes, you definitely would have needed cold weather gear - it had been quite mild until just recently (as in even I did a run or two outside in December and normally I don't handle well cold air going into my lungs). This week is even colder!

I just did a nice and easy run for a bit under 2.5 miles on the treadmill. I've officially begun training for a 10 km the first weekend in May; I'm having to adapt different training plans - one plan I've looked at has a good, slow but steady increase in mileage but the training is geared to a sub 65 minute race and I am not in a stage where I want speed so much as improving my endurance. Other plans seem to ramp up distances too quickly (and I haven't been running long enough where I have a good base for such quick jumps in distance. So I think I may follow the distance plan but not try to hit the times they are suggesting.

LAKid53

Premium Member
OK, so I ran the Light Side Half this morning. Goal was to beat two hours. Ran out of gas at mile 9 and finished 2:00:10. Can you believe that? But 12th in my age group. Cheered up when I saw that. Oh, and that was my 5th PR set at Disneyland, two DL Half and three Light Side. Love running here. Even flatter than Orlando. Those Florida overpasses ya know.

Anaheim is flatter than Central Florida?!

JillC LI

7 miles on Saturday and another 6 on Monday. Preparing to head off for WDW tomorrow evening, and I should be over the moon excited because I've been counting down days since there were over 200 of them, but DD has a wicked cold and DH is going for a CT scan later to see if he has a kidney stone because he's in such back pain, and I'm stressed up the wazoo. Sigh.

...mile 5 when for the first time in a decade of running I tripped and hit the concrete hard.

Oy, happens to the best of us. I've had a handful of falls over the years. Usually its just terribly bloody palms and some bruises, but as you may recall, this past March I tore my MCL when I fell. Generally it happens when I'm tired and I don't lift my legs enough so my foot gets caught on something. I hope you heal quick.

OK, so I ran the Light Side Half this morning. Goal was to beat two hours. Ran out of gas at mile 9 and finished 2:00:10. Can you believe that? But 12th in my age group.

Still a great time and nice on the 12th place!

JillC LI

3.5 miles on TM last night. This new one definitely is calibrated differently from my old one. And for some reason I feel like I'm running on a slight incline when the incline is 0 (my floor is definitely flat - I never had this issue before). Annoying.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@JillC LI - how annoying, but I know what you mean. The gym at work has three treadmills - two are the same make/model and the third is different. I don't like to start my run next to someone who is already running if I have the choice (because I find myself subconsciously trying to run their pace) so tonight I was on the third. It took a good ten minutes into my run (ran for just over 30 minutes) until it felt like "it should". And you'd had your other treadmill for ages. I hope it starts feeling "right" soon!

Greenlawler

ran a very slow 5 today.

I am still healing from my fall and my bruised ribs.

I was hoping to get things ramped up by now so I could run another under 2 hour half but this rib injury is taking it's toll.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yep, no overpasses at Light Side. :)

*thumbs up*

I printed out the runDisney calendar that lists the upcoming races, along with registration opening dates and taped it to my frig. That way I don't miss those important dates....

LAKid53

Premium Member
A slow 2.73 miles this AM. First real run after the gods decided to give me stomach/intestinal flu :hungover: the night before my trip to Disney. Needless to say, I didn't go... :(

Started to try a short run Saturday, but the weather said otherwise. And then there was Sunday.... :eek:

70 mph winds, trees down, hail (in the winter in Florida?!). NWS said we got a tropical storm in the winter. Power flickered several times, went off briefly couple of times. Daughter lost power Sunday afternoon and still doesn't have it. Niece lives in Jax, which got a tornado. The tornado that hit Thomasville GA was from storm that passed just north of my neighborhood.

Saw pictures of destruction in Albany and Adele. @Texas84, hope you made it through okay.

Wish I could find the video to post that a guy filmed of a tree crushing his neighbor's roof...scary.

Only 30 days until Princess!

Last edited:

Texas84

A slow 2.73 miles this AM. First real run after the gods decided to give me stomach/intestinal flu :hungover: the night before my trip to Disney. Needless to say, I didn't go... :(

Started to try a short run Saturday, but the weather said otherwise. And then there was Sunday.... :eek:

70 mph winds, trees down, hail (in the winter in Florida?!). NWS said we got a tropical storm in the winter. Power flickered several times, went off briefly couple of times. Daughter lost power Sunday afternoon and still doesn't have it. Niece lives in Jax, which got a tornado. The tornado that hit Thomasville GA was from storm that passed just north of my neighborhood.

Saw pictures of destruction in Albany and Adele. @Texas84, hope you made it through okay.

Wish I could find the video to post that a guy filmed of a tree crushing his neighbor's roof...scary.

Only 30 days until Princess!

Thanks. It all went about an hour south of us. We have an office in Albany and sounds like they all are OK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom