What did you do?

surfsupdon

Yes, I am. As I previously posted, I'm going from one race's training schedule right into the next. So when I finish the Princess Half, I will pick up the SW Dark Side about the 2-3 week point. Running has become my life, lol.

Very cool. It works!! I ran the full Disneyland Half training in May-August and scored a personal best by 8mins on my half.....then I picked up training midway through for the Wine&Dine and improved another 90 seconds....and now I picked up Princess in week 5.....and I think i am planning to stay with it.

Although this will be my first time training in cold weather, which terrifies me!

Good luck to you. The training really works. I am happy for us that next week is an easier week for us. Keep up the great work!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Very cool. It works!! I ran the full Disneyland Half training in May-August and scored a personal best by 8mins on my half.....then I picked up training midway through for the Wine&Dine and improved another 90 seconds....and now I picked up Princess in week 5.....and I think i am planning to stay with it.

Although this will be my first time training in cold weather, which terrifies me!

Good luck to you. The training really works. I am happy for us that next week is an easier week for us. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, you too. Since I live in Florida, this is the best time of year to train. When I saw Galloway's training schedule for the W&D started in July, i did not have pleasant thoughts, "great, guess I'll be running those 8 miles on the TM since it's still 95 degrees at sunrise" ......

You will be happy with the cold. It will get you ready for the chilly start times in February. The temperature at start time for the 2015 Princess 5k was just above freezing.....which is why it is called the Frozen 5k.

Yeah, I'm glad we have only 4 miles on Saturday. My calfs are really tight after all the walking on top of the runs (been here since Wednesday), in spite of my stretching. And my feet are tired, too. This week's maintenance runs may be more walking than running, lol.

Keep on trucking!

dreamfinder

Fri was 4.5@2i, 1@7:40, 1@7:20,2.25@7, Sat was 4ish outside with the jogger in 35 degree + drizzle. Bundled up DS, pulled on the rain cover for the jogger and he was happy to watch for doggies and Christmas lights. Sun was 13@2i, at a run/jog of 9min@8:27, 1min@9:40. Need to find a comfortable pace for that for January.

Texas84

Another Light Side training week, T-3, W-4, Th-3, Sat-7.

This week is looking sketchy, thunder storms rolling in tonight. But we need the rain.

JillC LI

Become vegetarian, the tofurkey/celebration/whatever loaves usually only weigh a pound or two. And no one else wants to eat it so it's all mine!!!!!! Hope the back gets better.

Hopefully you recover quickly!
Wow, that's one BIG turkey....

Thanks guys. Fortunately the back was better on Wednesday so I did an easy 3.5 miles. Thursday I ate like there was no tomorrow, so the rest of the weekend I ran 5 on Friday, 5 on Saturday, and another 3 on Sunday. Yes, it was an enormous turkey and we had lots left over even with 16 people so I made a delicious turkey soup that we are all still enjoying. @dreamfinder, when our DS was only 2 years old, I actually did prepare a small tofurkey for my vegetarian sister. We put some on DS's plate for him to try, and he expressed his feelings about it by throwing it across the room after tasting it! LOL. I hope you liked yours a little more. :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
@dreamfinder, would never become a vegetarian....would be sacrilegious since my family owns a cattle ranch....

@JillC LI, yeah, I stuffed myself too. For those of you lamenting that Liberty Tree changed their lunch menu, they still have that amazing pot roast on the kids menu..and will bring you an adult size (make that Disney adult portion) if you ask. Add to lunch at Liberty Tree, Turkey dinner at GF AND and an individual 10" Pizza at Via Napoli over Thanksgiving (along with a few glasses of their white sangria) and I think I was more stuffed than the turkey..... ;)

Oh, wait, this is a running, not eating, thread...

2.63 miles in a free run (that's what my Fitbit calls it). Average pace was ??? because when scrolling through the stats on my Surge after finishing, I inadvertently closed the session. Dumb.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Another Light Side training week, T-3, W-4, Th-3, Sat-7.

This week is looking sketchy, thunder storms rolling in tonight. But we need the rain.

We finally got some last night and early this morning! It's been over 30 days since we've had any rain in the Florida panhandle.

Made running this AM a little hazardous since the street was still wet from the rain and covered in leaves/pine straw. So I had to slow my pace, since I didn't want to slip and fall....again. Don't need another broken arm.

dreamfinder

2.75@2i@7:30.

@dreamfinder, when our DS was only 2 years old, I actually did prepare a small tofurkey for my vegetarian sister. We put some on DS's plate for him to try, and he expressed his feelings about it by throwing it across the room after tasting it! LOL. I hope you liked yours a little more. :)

Amusingly, that's what our DS does with meat. Totally his choice as my DW still eats meat and she has offered him some numerous times.

@dreamfinder, would never become a vegetarian....would be sacrilegious since my family owns a cattle ranch....

My father's family runs a dairy farm. Not quite the same though.

Greenlawler

Today I churned out a 5.5 run at probably a 9:50 pace.

I was very aggressive Thursday. I took it easy today on purpose. Probably going to take it easy again tomorrow and go slow for another 6.

Sunday I plan on doing an aggressive 12.

Texas84

Light Side training continues: Tue-3, Wed-4, Thu-3, Sun-8. Was supposed to run the final points series 10K Saturday but was up all night at the hospital with a family member. He's fine and back home. I didn't need to run it, just wanted to because it looked fun. Won my series age group without it.

Sunday it started to rain at mile 3 and a neighborhood dog ran the last 4 miles with me. I think she was pacing me because I ran a bit faster than usual. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom