What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
5 miles Saturday to start Star Wars training. We're under a smoke alert from the southern wildfires but skies are clear. Couldn't figure out if the faint burning smell was from the fires or just fireplaces in my neighborhood. Hoping I get to run with the super moon this week.

I'll be joining you for the SW Light Side in 2018...which means the only months I won't be training for a runDisney race are May and June...... :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Started to do my 45 minute training run this morning and my right hip/lower back started hurting, again. To the point it was hard for me to not run/walk hunched over like Quasimodo, in pain. So I gave up and limped home. Problem started Tuesday evening, so I'm hoping related to running in new shoes and not the test I had on Monday since I was laying on my left side for 30 minutes under anesthesia.

Sucks getting old......

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Sucks getting old......

Yeah, it does, but it's still better than being too young (I live daily drama with my 11 year old!). Hope you recover quickly - my hip problem this summer really screwed up my training for the DLP half and now since I am not really training for anything (yet), I've had no problems resuming running 3 times a week plus biking or walking at least one other day. Murphy's law...

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah, it does, but it's still better than being too young (I live daily drama with my 11 year old!). Hope you recover quickly - my hip problem this summer really screwed up my training for the DLP half and now since I am not really training for anything (yet), I've had no problems resuming running 3 times a week plus biking or walking at least one other day. Murphy's law...

I'm hoping it's just temporary...will find out tomorrow since that's gym day with my new trainer.

I'm going to get to re-experience the daily drama with a youngster in the next couple of years. My daughter and her husband have told us several times (repeatedly, actually) that they plan on starting a family next year...and I will be on regular grandma babysitting duty (wait 'till she finds out I'm just a temp ;))

Texas84

Started to do my 45 minute training run this morning and my right hip/lower back started hurting, again. To the point it was hard for me to not run/walk hunched over like Quasimodo, in pain. So I gave up and limped home. Problem started Tuesday evening, so I'm hoping related to running in new shoes and not the test I had on Monday since I was laying on my left side for 30 minutes under anesthesia.

Sucks getting old......

Yikes, hope you get well soon!

Texas84

First full Light Side training week, Tue-3, Wed-3, Thu-3, Sat-6. Nice morning, around 50F. Got it in before the high winds hit later this morning. Having a bit of trouble with my breathing. Need to work on that.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Since the beginning of the month I've been able to get back to a schedule of running 3 times a week and once a week for a long walk because I'm doing a local 8 km night walk in a few weeks with some friends who were worried they couldn't make the 2 hour cutoff - until we did an 8+ km walk by the lake in about 90 minutes. And the lake route had quite a bit of elevation to it; the one we will participate in starts at the top and goes all downhill ;). Starting slow after taking a month off after the DLP half seemed to be the right strategy - absolutely no hip problems :)

BrianV

First 1/2 last Sunday-- 1st Cambridge Ma run. Since then I've been AWOL. So excited but didn't run anywhere near my expected pace but still managed a respectable 2:21. (At my 10 and 11 mile long run paces I'd hoped to be closer to 2:15.) What a great experience running past Harvard and through Cambridge. And meaningful to me to be back in my second home of Cambridge give the past few weeks.

Last mile really was hard and my right leg and knee aren't happy. Two 1 mile jogs this week. The first was terrible and I had to stop and walk. The second pretty good. Feeling much better and ready to ramp back up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom