What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
3.5m on the TM last night. I set the speed to what used to be an easy run pre-knee sprain for the first time, and although it wasn't easy, I did it with no pain. I think the knee is completely healed (after 5 months). I just don't have the same fitness level I had prior to the injury. I don't want to push my outdoor speed or distance any more until the temps are a little cooler.

I know, funny isn't it, how any injury and corresponding recovery, especially if it involves a suspension of any type of workout, really impacts your fitness level. I, too, am struggling to get back at the level I was before my injury. Frustrating at times.

But keep it up, we will get there.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So true! And since you guys are all more experienced runners than me, I feel like I'm in really good company ;)

I would never put myself in the same category as some, but I try. Only been seriously running for about two years.

But these guys (generic term, not to slight the ladies) are the best and their support, encouragement and advice are priceless. A fantastic running club without all the drama.

surfsupdon

I've made it known I don't really train for runDisney. But the DDD I am training for.

Well on Sunday night I needed to run 11miles and I did not think I could. I've never run that far NOT within a race.

But I did it! 11miles at about 8min miles I couldn't believe it. Then I jumped in the ocean to cool off and get salty.

"The thought becomes the deed!"

Greenlawler

Last night I rolled out an average 5....still improving.

As far as the injuries, I've been running distance for about 11 years now, and they come and go. The best part about it is that one day when you remember that pain you had. The one that you don't have any longer, eventually it just goes away one day and the memory of it fades too.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Saturday will be 12 weeks since my fall and fracturing the radial head in my left arm. Had an appointment with the orthopedist this morning. Took another set of x-rays. Was hopeful that everything was healed... or nearly healed. But the look on his face when I said, "everything is healed, right? It's been 12 weeks..." Because this is the x-ray:

IMG_20160728_115848357_HDR.jpg

As much as I wanted to bury my disappointment in a pint of Cherry Garcia, I instead took it out on the treadmill. Didn't keep stats, didn't really care, just wanted to work out my frustration. And now I have to go in for a bone density scan to make sure my D3 levels are appropriate... I'm healing, but slowly...

But I'm grateful. Could have been my wrist, leg, ankle or knee. However, may be facing the prospect that I will never be able to fully extend my left arm. Umm, could I be eligible for the much maligned GAC? ;-)

Texas84

3-4-3 done for the week. Low is supposed to 80 for tomorrow's 7-miler.

This time last year I was dealing with a bad right foot. It still doesn't feel quite right but there is no pain and my times are good. I have to work on keeping it lined up.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks for the best wishes, guys. :)

@JillC LI, I am grateful it wasn't any part of my leg. That might derail my running for a long time.

I'm beginning to think we're all getting old and creaky...well, at least I am. :D

My calendar tells me I have a 3 mile run tomorrow. Might just pound out another mile or so.

BrianV

After trying to make headway for the past two weeks I finally managed 3 miles on the elliptical at a decent pace and level. And my knee didn't hurt a bit. But every time I've tried to run outside I've not been successful.

Going to try to run on the treadmill and see if that is ok too. And hopefully in a few days or weeks ill be up and running again. If lucky ill only be set back 3 or 4 weeks.

JillC LI

Busy tonight so I ran early this morning. It was cool for the first time in ages and I ran 4 miles at my best pace since my injury without breathing hard. It was really nice to enjoy a relatively relaxing run again. Would've kept going if I didn't have to get ready for work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom