What did you do?

BrianV

Nothing again today since Monday, though I did workout with my trainer at the gym. And my knee is feeling remarkably better in just a few short days. I guess stopping all running was the right plan. Depending I might do a short light jog tomorrow and then let t be until monday when I can hopefully resume.

BrianV

Bike today.

Glad to hear that some of the recent injuries plaguing the board seem to be getting resolved.

Knee feels good enough to run, but we are going away this weekend and I don't want to re-injure. So I'm going to rest until. Hopefully by then it will be fully recovered and will only have been 6 days off which could be much worse. Ease back in at that point.

But makes me crazy sitting around...

JillC LI

5 miles on Sunday morning. Hot and humid. Got a new Garmin Forerunner 110 that I used for the first time. Doesn't let me pre-program workouts like my old Garmin that died, but it gives me all the basic info I need to just go out and run - time, pace, and distance. I got it refurbished on Amazon for $55 so you can't beat the price. I like it.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
1.91@1%@various

Not one of my better days. Note to self: remind trainer that running days are not when I should do 3 sets of 10 reps each on squat press with 100 pounds of weights. I really had to dig deep to finish the last 5 minutes of a 30 minute run...and I had planned on going for 45 minutes under the Galloway training program. That and for some reason my gym thinks it's a hot yoga studio......

I'm going to feel it tomorrow, for sure...

Greenlawler

Been a while so I'll catch you up...bear with me.

As you may recall after last years Dopey it took me months to recover. I started working on my weight before summer and got back down under 200lbs sporting some improved times. I have always been a "heavier" runner but over the last few years I had kept my weight below 180 till this past year.

So in the Spring I started the chore of getting it back under control, and it worked till...

Summer is my busy season where I am at camps, and the weight came back quickly. Alongside this heat in Tennessee my times have been dreadful, I mean like career lows.Stumbling through 10-12 minute miles at best at times.

On the bright side, camps are in the rear view mirror for this year and I have a month to get ready for Dumbo.

Been an improved past few days,

I did 6 in 51 minutes on a treadmill Saturday
Stumbled through 8 on Sunday in the 98 degree heat, finishing in like 90 minutes
But tonight I waited till 9;00 pm to run and ran a respectable 6 miles in 55 minutes.

JillC LI

3.5m on the TM last night. I set the speed to what used to be an easy run pre-knee sprain for the first time, and although it wasn't easy, I did it with no pain. I think the knee is completely healed (after 5 months). I just don't have the same fitness level I had prior to the injury. I don't want to push my outdoor speed or distance any more until the temps are a little cooler.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom