What did you do?

JillC LI

Now today, Easter Sunday I went out and ran 3.8 miles. It was not pretty and I feel like I would after running 20 but after over a year I am running again. My body feels like crap but mentally I am dancing right now.

I hear ya! After just 7 weeks off due to my recent RA diagnosis, I was thrilled beyond measure to be able to run 2 miles last Wednesdsy and 2.5 this weekend. Hard to get back in shape physically but so emotionally satisfying. I'm so happy to hear you're back in the game again!

dreamfinder

Sat was 5k@1.5i, 1@8p, 1@7:30p, 1@7p, .1@6p. Sun was 10k@1.5i, 6@8p, .2@6p. Today was 1/2@7p, with bike. Glad I got two decent runs back in finally, just need to keep those and rebuild the pace.

Mr mom

sidewalks are still crap but I did power walk 10k this morning. It will be a mix of running and walking for a while until I get all my strength and endurance back. It will be the treadmill tomorrow as we are getting another 5 or 6 inches of snow tonight. Winter up here refuses to die.

Mad Stitch

I did 6 miles outdoors yesterday and in the last mile my shoes gave me terrible blisters on my heels. I'm in pain today just walking around in my comfortable street shoes. It's not like they are new either, I trained and ran the W&D in them. They should have some miles left on them but I think their heading for the trash now.

Mr mom

4 miles today, a little easier but my lungs still have a way to go. My legs felt a little wobbly on the big hill but I still managed the hill and that is what counts. I want to get myself up to being able to consistently run at least 4 miles any time I want before I head to florida at the end of the month. With recovery and the horrible winter we have had, the heat of that state and the fun of Disney will be very welcome indeed.

LindsayLoves

Today - 3.1 recovery miles, in tights and a long sleeve - yesterday I wore shorts and a t-shirt, get with it spring!

Yesterday - .18m hill repeats x 6 @7:15/mile with 2 miles w/u and 2 miles c/d, total 6.45miles. Haven't done any hill repeats in months, the half I am running in May is pretty flat so I was trying to ignore hill work, I then realized most of the races I am doing between then and now have hills so I should re-evaluate my plan.

Monday - rest, walked more than 8 miles throughout the day and was sore from Sundays workout

Sunday - 24 minutes of running while clothing was drying at the laundromat and 40 minutes of leg and core strength work.

Saturday - ran 5 miles from home to start of 10k race, ran 10k race. The plan was 8 minute miles through the entire race but it was so crowded the first two miles I clocked 8:51 and 8:11 going as fast as I could in the crowd. Surprisingly I did not let that ruin my race and went with the flow. Got down to the planned pace miles 3-4 and got down to 7:30s the last 2 miles to finish at 50:32.
Results: 2260/8002 finishers and 508/3753 women

Last edited:

LindsayLoves

Dean Karnazes just recommended running to and from a race on the Runners World web site. Good job.

Thanks Jill! I have become a fan of it especially when I need to get a certain amount of miles in for a long run but have a shorter race on the calendar for that day. I used think of it as a waste of energy before a race but getting warm and doing some strides gets the legs ready to go fast at the start of the race. Oh how much I've learned in the past three years....

dreamfinder

2.5@1.5i, 1@7:41, 1@7:11, .5@6:30ish.

Dean Karnazes just recommended running to and from a race on the Runners World web site. Good job.

My favorite was a guy I overheard at a half a few years back. He was training for a 70.3, so he rode his bike 30miles to the race, ran the race, and then was going to ride his bike 30miles back home.

Texas84

Things picking up a bit in here? Must be thawing up north.

Three more weekday 3-milers in the new hood. I read that marathon training should be done on flats. Not possible here.

dreamfinder

1@1.5i, 7:30p followed by bike.

Things picking up a bit in here? Must be thawing up north.

Three more weekday 3-milers in the new hood. I read that marathon training should be done on flats. Not possible here.

Well that's no fun. Not to mention seems like it would work only if the course itself was flat.

LindsayLoves

5 miles, feel like crap but Rome was not built in a day. Soon enough I will be feeling like crap after running 15 miles, lol

I took about a month and a half off after doing the Dopey Challenge in January and man running sucked for about a month, I dreaded every run (which meant I skipped a lot) and everything felt bad, not in an injury/hurting way just in a my muscles forgot how to do this kind of way. I can not imagine what it feels like coming back from so much time off.
Since starting back up mid-February last week was a big change for me, I don't have to give myself a pep talk to get out there everyday, I don't even think about it, I just do it.

Yesterday - had a HUGE lunch for a co-worker's birthday (lots of beer cheese and a pork belly salad) so I had very low expectations for my run but it turned out to be a pretty good one.
5.62 miles @8:11/average - splits - 8:35, 8:10, 8:16, 7:49, 7:39, 8:50 (.62)

JillC LI

5 miles, feel like crap but Rome was not built in a day.

You and me both! I did 3 miles on the TM last night, very slow, but no pain. I plan to try my first outdoor run in over 2 months this weekend. I've been hesitant to run outdoors because at least if the joint pain starts on the TM, I can jump off. I suppose that 3 miles out-and-back isn't so far if I get pain and have to walk home. Hopefully that won't be an issue. On the bright side, I don't think I've lost much conditioning because I don't feel out of breath when I run (albeit slowly).

Texas84

First run of the Middle Georgia Chick-fil-A series this morning. Supposed to be a 5K but they didn't mark the course well and most ended up running 2.1 miles. This is a points series (win free chicken) so curious to see how they fix this mess. I finished 6th last year, I think. But I was passing people on the hills. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom