What did you do?

imagination30

well race 1 in the books ... a nice cool sunday morning .. for a 13.1 mile run... , and I finally did it .. i Prd
and went under 2 hours... - Good to have the 2 hour monkey off my back ... ( 1:54:57) , complete rockin report coming soon, prob. tomorrow!, but that puts me at 137.14 for the year.. wow i could break 200 before christmas!:)

stats:
Ag: 23 out of 54
overall :213
Pace:8:46
213 out of 1054

Last edited:

Texas84

well race 1 in the books ... a nice cool sunday morning .. for a 13.1 mile run... , and I finally did it .. i Prd
and went under 2 hours... - Good to have the 2 hour monkey off my back ... ( 1:54:57) , complete rockin report coming soon, prob. tomorrow!, but that puts me at 137.14 for the year.. wow i could break 200 before christmas!:)

Nice! 2-hour half is my next goal.

LindsayLoves

@Texas84 - wow that is big discrepancy, especially when free chicken is at stake! Won't someone think of the children!!!

@imagination30 - nice job on breaking two hours and setting a new PR.

Yesterday - PRed the 4 mile distance, *finally* breaking 30 minutes. I haven't raced this distance since last May so I knew I had it in me but short/fast races are tough for me mentally. I didn't let myself look at my Garmin until mile 3 and when I saw it was within reach I put the hammer down and dropped to a 7:00/min mile to get in at 29:57. I can definitely race this distance faster, I was pretty conservative in miles 1 (packed course/hill in the first 1/2 mile) and mile 3 (entirely rolling hills) now that I've broken 30 minutes I can really push it and see what happens.
Stats:
1231 of 7751 overall
188 of 3733 for the women
62 of 834 for AG

Today - 3 recovery miles with core and arm strength, this is the best my legs have felt after a short/hard race, this strength training thing has really paid off.

JillC LI

Nice races @LindsayLoves and @imagination30.

I did my first outdoor run in 2 months this weekend. It was great to run outside in the beautiful weather (accompanied by my DD on her bike), but I definitely felt the pounding of the cement on the joints in my feet more than I have on my few recent TM runs. I wasn't sure whether to stop or stick with it, but I slowed the pace (which reduced the joint pain) and stuck with it to finish 3.1 miles. Probably one of my toughest 5K runs in 20 years. LOL. When I got home, the dog was eager to get outside too, so I took her with me and ran another 1/2 mile which she loved. Slow and steady I'm getting there (emphasis on the slow)! I don't care about racing or long distances, but I just want to be able to enjoy my running pain-free again.

Mr mom

Nice races @LindsayLoves and @imagination30.

I did my first outdoor run in 2 months this weekend. It was great to run outside in the beautiful weather (accompanied by my DD on her bike), but I definitely felt the pounding of the cement on the joints in my feet more than I have on my few recent TM runs. I wasn't sure whether to stop or stick with it, but I slowed the pace (which reduced the joint pain) and stuck with it to finish 3.1 miles. Probably one of my toughest 5K runs in 20 years. LOL. When I got home, the dog was eager to get outside too, so I took her with me and ran another 1/2 mile which she loved. Slow and steady I'm getting there (emphasis on the slow)! I don't care about racing or long distances, but I just want to be able to enjoy my running pain-free again.

You're doing great, slow and steady

Mr mom

Lungs are still not 100% but my legs are slowly coming back and my will power is back in full swing. That means I set a goal for the day and then blow past it. A 36 hour work weekend followed by 3 hours sleep and then a 6.3 mile run. I was hoping to do 5 miles but it was beautiful out for a change and I can feel the strength of my legs picking up. I have no intention of telling my wife I have already pasted the 6 mile mark, lol

TeddyinMO

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've checked in, but I have kept at it.

First off, congrats to everyone for their continued success! Lindsay and Imagination way to go on the PRs and good luck with the continued recovery, Jill.

As for me, I ran my second half marathon on Sunday, and I couldn't be happier. My goal was to run a 10 min/mile pace, which is basically what I had been training at. Well, I blew that out of the water with a 9:43 pace and a 2:07:10 time. The course was great, running all through downtown St Louis with lots of small hills and plenty of room for the crowds. If only there had been a few more port-a-potties along the way, I might have cut another 2-3 mins off my time! D___ lines! ;) It was a huge improvement from my first half, which was 2:21 on an easier course. The biggest difference this time was I never hit a wall. I just kept running and enjoying every bit of it. I guess the running high is a real thing!

Up until this race, I considered myself to be a guy who was running to lose weight. After this experience, I am proud to say that yes, I am a runner!

The plan for the near future is to try and tread water and keep running while adjusting to life with a new baby - due in 3-4 weeks. I'll toss in a few 5Ks and a 10K or two over the summer, and we'll go from there. Keep up the great work, everyone! I will continue to follow your progress!

PS As I did start all of this running to lose weight, I should add that I'm officially down 65 pounds from when I started all this. I'm now 40 years old and officially back to the same weight I was when I was 20!

Mr mom

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've checked in, but I have kept at it.

First off, congrats to everyone for their continued success! Lindsay and Imagination way to go on the PRs and good luck with the continued recovery, Jill.

As for me, I ran my second half marathon on Sunday, and I couldn't be happier. My goal was to run a 10 min/mile pace, which is basically what I had been training at. Well, I blew that out of the water with a 9:43 pace and a 2:07:10 time. The course was great, running all through downtown St Louis with lots of small hills and plenty of room for the crowds. If only there had been a few more port-a-potties along the way, I might have cut another 2-3 mins off my time! D___ lines! ;) It was a huge improvement from my first half, which was 2:21 on an easier course. The biggest difference this time was I never hit a wall. I just kept running and enjoying every bit of it. I guess the running high is a real thing!

Up until this race, I considered myself to be a guy who was running to lose weight. After this experience, I am proud to say that yes, I am a runner!

The plan for the near future is to try and tread water and keep running while adjusting to life with a new baby - due in 3-4 weeks. I'll toss in a few 5Ks and a 10K or two over the summer, and we'll go from there. Keep up the great work, everyone! I will continue to follow your progress!

PS As I did start all of this running to lose weight, I should add that I'm officially down 65 pounds from when I started all this. I'm now 40 years old and officially back to the same weight I was when I was 20!

I started for the same reason. I ran a bit in high school but nothing from then until I hit 42. My weight was close to 200 and I decided for various reasons that things had to change. I had been running for 4 years when I had my knee injury, now after a year I am back at it. Congrats on the new baby, they create lots of exercise too, lol

Mr mom

lungs were much better today but my legs were stiff as hell, probably pushing too hard. Anyway, I set out hoping to do 3 miles so as to do something but ended up doing 5.1. gonna be sore later again.

6laurac

I finished my second 1/2 Sunday with a decent, not awe inspiring time, but I loved the race and the support so much I've signed up for 2016 already. I'm running the Mini Myrtle Beach 1/2 in October so I'm hoping for a better time since it is a flat course run mostly beside the ocean. 16 hills slowed my roll....hats off you you speedsters

Texas84

Another 2.4ish today, different town, nicer than yesterdays.

You're in Germany?

Temps dropped to the 50's this morning. Very pleasant. Ran a full minute faster pace even with these dang hills. If I can survive Higdon Dopey training out here I'm looking at a 4-hour marathon.

JillC LI

Another 2.4ish today, different town, nicer than yesterdays.

My hubby and I honeymooned in a bunch of little German towns in the Bavarian alps, and we plan to revisit some of them this summer with the kids on their first European trip.

As for me, another 5K outdoors yesterday (for some reason that sounds better to me than 3.1 miles, lol). A drop faster and a drop stronger. I'm weaning off the drug that has been controlling my pain so I'm having a few rough days. Hopefully things will even out soon. I don't want to be on any more meds than I have to. A few are apparently life-long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom