What did you do?

a2grafix

Guess what? I ran 3 miles at Walt Disney World today. Yup. Arrived for the Tower 10 miler and took in 3 miles in late afternoon low 90s heat, humidity and mix of sun and dark clouds. Ran from Shades of Green / backside of Magnolia and Palm golf course onto Florida Way, along the golf course and past the Grand Floridian, and up to Maple Drive (??). Swung around at the Reed Creek Fire House and ran back. I also bumped into a deer on the golf cart path near the Grand Floridian parking lot.

While cooling down back at Shades, an afternoon storm hit, but still I RAN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN DISNEY WORLD!

Righteous! Righteous!Just did 32 minutes in Florida conditions to get a taste of what I will be running in Saturday night.

Mr mom

Guess what? I ran 3 miles at Walt Disney World today. Yup. Arrived for the Tower 10 miler and took in 3 miles in late afternoon low 90s heat, humidity and mix of sun and dark clouds. Ran from Shades of Green / backside of Magnolia and Palm golf course onto Florida Way, along the golf course and past the Grand Floridian, and up to Maple Drive (??). Swung around at the Reed Creek Fire House and ran back. I also bumped into a deer on the golf cart path near the Grand Floridian parking lot.

While cooling down back at Shades, an afternoon storm hit, but still I RAN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN DISNEY WORLD!

Righteous! Righteous!Just did 32 minutes in Florida conditions to get a taste of what I will be running in Saturday night.
Awesome

Texas84

Boo this person! ;)

We'll be there tomorrow night!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Very Nice. Congrats. Now, you might not want to do it the day before the event, but there is something about running at 5:30 or 6am that is awesome too at WDW

a2grafix

Very Nice. Congrats. Now, you might not want to do it the day before the event, but there is something about running at 5:30 or 6am that is awesome too at WDW

I might not do it Friday before the race, but will likely do 3 miles / 30 minutes either Monday or Tuesday morning on my final days of my vacation / runDisney Tower thang.

Currently have a hangover of doing a mini Resort Monorail crawl - pint of beer at Evergreens at Shades and a Backscratcher at Tambu Lounge at the Poly. Also need my rest. Got 3 hours sleep Thursday before my flight. :)

Kungaloosh!

Kristia

3 miles yesterday evening @ 10:10 pace which is excellent for me. Went with no headphones. Hubby and I were alternately conversing and lost in our thoughts over losing a friend/family member suddenly on Wednesday. He was only 41 years old, active, family guy with 2 kids. Died of a massive heart attack. Life is short. Seize the day while you can as you never know if it will be your last.

joel_maxwell

Swimming this am. I cut the laps back so I didnt over do it and have tied arms and sholders tomorrow. Still wanted to get in the pool and swim and little.

Im still amazed at the cardio level that it takes to get yourself down and back in a pool. There are still times of mild panic that on that 4th stroke, that breath wont come successful.

Happy Friday

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I hit a major milestone today- 13.11 miles without a single walk break. I couldn't be happier! 2:08 hrs, 9:46 pace. Now I've got the distance covered I've got to work on getting some speed! I've done 13.1 before but we always ran .5 miles at a time with 1 minute walk breaks in between. I feel fantastic, no knee issues and no muscle soreness (yet anyway). My farthest ever continuous run before today was 8 miles. :D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I hit a major milestone today- 13.11 miles without a single walk break. I couldn't be happier! 2:08 hrs, 9:46 pace. Now I've got the distance covered I've got to work on getting some speed! I've done 13.1 before but we always ran .5 miles at a time with 1 minute walk breaks in between. I feel fantastic, no knee issues and no muscle soreness (yet anyway). My farthest ever continuous run before today was 8 miles. :D
Awesome run!!! I'm very proud of you!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Swimming this am. I cut the laps back so I didnt over do it and have tied arms and sholders tomorrow. Still wanted to get in the pool and swim and little.

Im still amazed at the cardio level that it takes to get yourself down and back in a pool. There are still times of mild panic that on that 4th stroke, that breath wont come successful.

Happy Friday
Have a great race at the weekend Joel! Best of luck.

JillC LI

3 miles yesterday evening @ 10:10 pace which is excellent for me. Went with no headphones. Hubby and I were alternately conversing and lost in our thoughts over losing a friend/family member suddenly on Wednesday. He was only 41 years old, active, family guy with 2 kids. Died of a massive heart attack. Life is short. Seize the day while you can as you never know if it will be your last.

So sad. I'm sorry to hear this.

Missing Poly again. I love getting my 20+ laps between GF and Poly (23-25 miles) and grabbing a Lapu Lapu at Tambu :D

Yeah, me too. ;)

That's fantastic! You jumped from 8 continuous miles to 13.11?! Wow. (Marathon, here you come?)
Don't be surprised if you're a little bit sore tomorrow, but it'll be worth it :)

Mickey&Minnie

I've been sidelined because of my stomach since Wednesday. Starting to really freak out about the marathon, but I am not giving up. I have had a few people tell me that I am crazy for doing it and that I'm not going to make it so I have a lot to prove. I sure hope last weeks training goes a lot better. Ok I am done whining....great job everybody! Keep running strong!!!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Last Saturday, I ran the Brewers Mini Marathon in Milwaukee. It was a rainy, cold morning, as I posted on Facebook. I brought along my Saucony running jacket as rain protection, and kept it on for warmth. The cool weather lead to easy breathing, however. I set a PR 2:20:16. There was high winds for most of the race that made it difficult at times.

Then I grabbed some pancakes, and worked my 8 hours. Then I drove back to Milwaukee, where we stayed at a hotel, and flew to WDW the next afternoon.

Now I'm lying here in bed, ready to run the ToT 10-miler tomorrow night. My daughter will be running the kids races in the morning, so we turned in early.

By the way...the 1/2 marathon I mentioned earlier was #10 for me, and the last for this year. I went out on a high note.

Also....today I held the new WDW marathon medal. It was the kick in the rear I needed to make sure I get one of my own.

joel_maxwell

Have a great race at the weekend Joel! Best of luck.
Thanks Steve. Glad to see you pop in to our little section.
Last Saturday, I ran the Brewers Mini Marathon in Milwaukee. It was a rainy, cold morning, as I posted on Facebook. I brought along my Saucony running jacket as rain protection, and kept it on for warmth. The cool weather lead to easy breathing, however. I set a PR 2:20:16. There was high winds for most of the race that made it difficult at times.

Then I grabbed some pancakes, and worked my 8 hours. Then I drove back to Milwaukee, where we stayed at a hotel, and flew to WDW the next afternoon.

Now I'm lying here in bed, ready to run the ToT 10-miler tomorrow night. My daughter will be running the kids races in the morning, so we turned in early.

By the way...the 1/2 marathon I mentioned earlier was #10 for me, and the last for this year. I went out on a high note.

Also....today I held the new WDW marathon medal. It was the kick in the rear I needed to make sure I get one of my own.
I guess ill just have to see Nick's @Donald Duck after February. Missing the expo today and have a friend picking it up.

joel_maxwell

BTW. Congrats on your 10 half. I think it is funny how we run that distance frequently on the weekends with nothing but a medal of pride, but it all comes down to event day. That is what counts. Nice job Brad. See you in a few hours.

Ariel484

Well I feel like a jerk for hitting e "like" button (for your awesome pace) before reading the rest of your post, and the "unlike" option isn't working. Very sorry to hear about your friend...my condolences to you and your husband.

Kristia

Well I feel like a jerk for hitting e "like" button (for your awesome pace) before reading the rest of your post, and the "unlike" option isn't working. Very sorry to hear about your friend...my condolences to you and your husband.
That's ok...it was an awesome pace wasn't it? ;) Thanks for the condolences.

a2grafix

Tower of Terror 10 miler. 1 hour, 55 minutes, 2 seconds. Only stopped for water breaks.

Best time of the night - meeting WDWMagic.com runners for 90 minutes before race.

Funniest part - running into the Atlanta Braves ballpark and seeing a dude with a sign that said, in 3 words - Worst Parade Ever.

Ugliest part - trying to change in the men's tent post race. Super humid. Not good. Ended up inside men's bathroom to dry off and change.

Hard part - walking down and up steps at Indiana Jones to get my bag. After running 10 miles, we have to step up and down several stairs?

Cool part - Watching the Tower of Terror medal almost come off my neck during an elevator ride into the Twilight Zone. The medal, which is heavy, floated past my nose on one of the final drops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom