What are some good resturants at some of the hotels?

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
We are going to spend half a day visiting some of the hotels on property :) we are going to the beaches ice cream shop for the kitchen sink. but are looking for a place to eat dinner. Now we are NOT looking for a big /expensive type dinner .. it can be counter service or mid range dining that is good any ideas?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
If you want to get a nice dinner either before or after your Kitchen Sink, I highly recommend the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club Resort.

I also highly recommend the Yachtsman Steakhouse, but you said you didn't want a fancy meal. There are a lot of resort restaurants I would recommend if you were looking for a "fancy" meal, but for mid-range dining, my favorite is the Captain's Grille.

You could also try Olivia's at Old Key West, although I find that one hit & miss, or the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs, which I'm not really a fan of. There's also Big River Grille & Brewing Works at the Boardwalk, which would be walking distance from Beaches & Cream (so you could either walk off your Sink, or work up a fresh appetite for it). I've never eaten there myself, but it got a good review from my mother-in-law, which is saying something. ;)

JillC LI

Kona Cafe! I love their Tonga Toast. And it holds up well the fridge too. I couldn't finish mine and got a to-go box. I ate it cold from the fridge the next morning and it was still just as tasty! Same with the macedemia pancakes- my Mom had those.

Nice comfy atmosphere, too. I could live there.

I agree wholeheartedly about the tonga toast and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes, but the OP is looking for a dinner locale. I was ready to jump in myself with the same suggestion before I noticed that! Perhaps you were even more excited at the thought of tonga toast than I was and overlooked that point! :) LOL

Tinkerbella16

Kona Cafe at the Poly is one of my faves for a more laid back atmosphere and great food! We also love the Cape May Cafe Clam Bake at Beach Club and Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL.

NiarrNDisney

___TS___
Boatwright's (PORS)
ESPN Zone (BWR)
Grand Floridian Cafe (GFR)
Kona Cafe (Poly)
Maya Grill (CSR)
Trail's End Buffet (FW)
Turf Club (SSR)
Wave (CR)

___CS___
Captain Cook's (Poly)
Everything Pop (POP)
Gasparilla Grill (GFR)
Hurricane Hanna's (Y&BCR)
Landscape of Flavors (AoA)
Mara (AKL)
Pepper Market (CSR)
Picabu Buffeteria (Dolphin)
Sassagoula Floatworks (POFQ)

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We are going to spend half a day visiting some of the hotels on property :) we are going to the beaches ice cream shop for the kitchen sink. but are looking for a place to eat dinner. Now we are NOT looking for a big /expensive type dinner .. it can be counter service or mid range dining that is good any ideas?

We actually really like the Grand Floridian Cafe! Its always really consistently excellent food.

eddiemcgarrigle

The ones I've tried and I'm returning to in a couple of weeks -

Ohana
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Boatwrights
Boma

The ones I've not tried but will be visiting very soon -

Whispering Canyon Cafe
Cape May Cafe
Pepper Market
Captains Grille

I don't think you can go too badly wrong with the resorts.

nytimez

Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani) may meet your requirements. Good meal, unique foods (for WDW) and not stuff-your-gut filling. Also, it's table service - but relatively reasonably priced table service. At least, it was last time I ate there. Also a good hotel to visit if you're hotel-hopping.

Whispering Canyon, at Wilderness Lodge, is also decent. I seem to recall it's a little more expensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom