Trip Report We're Not Stopping... Just Keep Hopping! A September 2015 Trip Report

And so... we are back. How is it that the wait for Disney is so long and exciting and then in a blink of an eye, it’s over? :cry:

I am so glad we were able to take this trip. It was a difficult year and we really needed some magic and fantasy to “reboot” our lives. We were in Disney from September 11th - 21st and stayed at French Quarters.

For those of you who do not know us...

IMG_6885.jpg

Me - Mary / Mom (The Disney Fanatic)

thumb_IMG_7438_1024.jpg

Ross / Dad / Grumpy (Although he had an identity crisis this trip and thought he was Cinderella.)

thumb_IMG_8471_1024.jpg

Julia / Sissy - My now teenage Mouseketeer

thumb_IMG_8097_1024.jpg

Hope / “The Hopester” My 6 year old princess - diagnosed with Severe Autism and Sensory Integration Disorder.

thumb_IMG_8154_1024.jpg

If you want to check out our past adventures:

September 2013 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-this-is-autism-when-you-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/

September 2014 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/honey-i-blew-up-the-magic-band-completed.892800/

Even though we are all in Post Disney Depression, at least I can re-live the memories!

Ready or not... Here we go!

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_7960_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_7960_1024.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 79

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ross and Julia rode TT - I think Hope and I just waited at the end. Then we swapped and I rode with her. We did the single line which was pretty much a walk on.

thumb_IMG_0423_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0426_1024.jpg
thumb_EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7499465696_1024.jpg

Then Julia & Hope wanted to ride Figment one last time.

thumb_IMG_0442_1024.jpg

We decided to Soarin one last time and then Spaceship Earth.

thumb_IMG_0448_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0450_1024.jpg

Too soon our day was ending. We decided to skip Illuminations so we could get back home and finish packing up. I had made an early ADR for the morning - I really want to into MK before park opening. So I figured we should try to get some rest. It would be a long day.

Ross found a friend on our way to the room. He wanted to take it back to NY with us. He was very upset I said no.

thumb_IMG_0464_1024.jpg

We went to the food court to get a snack and refill our mugs and then settled in for our last night.

thumb_IMG_0455_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0462_1024.jpg

Everyone went to sleep while I finished packing. I was so sad - our trip went so fast. As I fell asleep, I knew I had one last try to get into MK before opening. Would it happen?

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, September 21st - Day 11

Waking up on our last day has to be the worst!

I had this bright idea to make a breakfast ADR at BOG for our last day. Since MK was not opening until 9AM I figured it would get us into the park early. I imagined walking leisurely into the MK ahead of the masses and I so wanted some pictures in front of the partners state without a million people in the background. Plus I really thought Hope would get a kick walking up Main Street while it was empty(ish).

Needless to say, we were in a mad dash to get to the MK. I had all of our stuff pack from the night before so we all raced to get ready and be out of the room by 7:30 - our ADR was for 8:15.

No one was happy with me. Actually, I wasn’t too happy with me.

We managed to get everything together and by 7:30 Ross called for Bell Services to come get our luggage. Julia, Hope & I rode with our luggage while Ross walked ahead. I forget why he did that…

thumb_IMG_0468_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0470_1024.jpg

I held my breath that there would be a bus waiting for us - but no… we needed to wait, but only a few minutes.

thumb_IMG_0475_1024.jpg

However, by the time we got to the park it was 8:30 - and we still needed to do bag check which was tremendous! Ross told me to take the kids in and he would take the stroller and all the bags. We agreed - after I made sure we all had our Magic Bands on!

So we walked into the park technically before opening. I was just about to breathe a sign of relief we walked down Main Street, however, my feelings of triumph were soon erased. As we were passing Casey’s I heard a commotion and turned around. I guess they were letting in everyone. All of a sudden, the masses were headed right for us!! So much for a leisure walk and I didn’t dare to even take pictures! We made a mad dash for the partners stature and a Photopass Photographer. One managed to get these of us while we were walking.

thumb_MK_MSATHCLB_7466838371_1024.jpg
thumb_MK_MSATHCLB_7466838372_1024.jpg
thumb_MK_MSATHCLB_7466838373_1024.jpg

We made to the (almost) front of the castle and while I thought this was the coolest moment, Julia was telling me about her feet hurting and Hope just had no desire to say cheese, she just wanted to ride Small World!

What was I thinking?

thumb_MK_PARTRIGHT_7466838484_1024.jpg
thumb_MK_PARTRIGHT_7466838485_1024.jpg
thumb_MK_PARTRIGHT_7466838486_1024.jpg
thumb_MK_PARTRIGHT_7466838488_1024.jpg

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
After our photo shoot, we headed for the Beast’s Castle. The line for the Mine Train had already formed.

thumb_IMG_0483_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0477_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0478_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0482_1024.jpg

We made it to BOG and checked in - even though we were late. We got our rose and took our seat in the ballroom. We literally were at the table for a couple of minutes before our meal was in front of us.

There was one thing I didn’t plan for - I never prepared Hope for this meal. We kept saying how we were going to do our last rides and how she could do Small World first thing… So in her mind, there was no meal… and a meltdown would ensue.

By the time Ross got there he saw how unhappy she was and while I would normally expect her to deal with the situation, we made the decision that he would take her to Small World.

So between all the running around, the tiredness of the last day and the Hope’s BOG meltdown - no one except Julia ate breakfast. Hope had no appetite and Ross and I lost ours.

However the food looked amazing. Actually, they did bring me a GF pastry plate and I had a piece of chocolate something that was amazing.

thumb_IMG_0489_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0488_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0491_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0492_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0493_1024.jpg

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
When Julia and I left BOG, we met up with Ross & Hope who had gone on Peter Pan, together we went on Small World and then went to see Philharmagic.

thumb_IMG_0496_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0498_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0499_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0501_1024.jpg

After we split. Julia and I headed to ride Splash Mountain, but it was down so we went onto BTMR.

thumb_IMG_0510_1024.jpg

Splash Mountain was still down, so we rode 7DMT. Then we headed over to Tomorrowland to ride COP, Space Mountain & watched Laugh Floor. Then we walked back to see if Splash was back up. It was - so we rode. I really didn’t want to get soaked because the last thing I wanted was to be wet & chilly for the rest of the day. Luckily we didn’t get too wet.

thumb_IMG_0515_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0518_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0523_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0525_1024.jpg

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ross & Hope rode Winnie The Pooh and then Hope wanted to meet Winnie & Tigger.

thumb_MK_FNTSCHR1_7467158813_1024.jpg
thumb_MK_FNTSCHR1_7471472821_1024.jpg
thumb_MK_FNTSCHR1_7471491977_1024.jpg
thumb_MK_FNTSCHR1_7471470177_1024.jpg

Watch out Tigger this girl can bounce!

thumb_MK_FNTSCHR1_7471447126_1024.jpg

Hope also wanted to see the Festival Of Fantasy Parade so Ross found a spot in the Disability section. He said the sun was beating down and burning hot. A CM who must have noticed Hope looking a little uncomfortable, came over and said she could take them to a different location where the sun wasn’t so powerful. He was hesitant, but she was so kind, he walked with her and she showed him where to stand. The only problem he told me was that there were so many people there, that Hope in her stroller would have had no view. She asked another group if a couple of them could stand behind the wheelchair in their party so Hope’s stroller could fit in. After the CM left, Ross heard the people complaining and just being rude so he did’t think it was worth it and headed back over to the sun. When the CM saw them she asked what happened and he explained but thanked her. A few minutes later she came back again with 2 Mickey Pops! How sweet! I scolded Ross for turning them down, but Hope wouldn’t eat a Mickey Pop and he was too busy with her - he didn’t want to waste them.

After the parade, we met up walked over to Monster’s Laugh Floor. Ross and Julia went in while Hope had some ice-cream.

thumb_IMG_0537_1024.jpg

We all took one last spin on Buzz. I was so excited to max out again. I don’t think Ross was too happy. lol

thumb_MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7471501888_1024.jpg
thumb_MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7467189284_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0551_1024.jpg

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
The time to leave was soon approaching so we asked the kids what they wanted to do last. Ross and Julia went off to ride Space Mountain while Hope and I sped over to Small World. Ross texted to say he and Julia were going to watch Laugh Floor one last time. I wasn’t surprised. Hope and I started for the exit. I realized that I had a rider’s swap left for 7DMT so as we passed the long line I saw a mom and her daughter enter the line. I could see that the mom was trying to talk her daughter out of it so I walked up to her and offered her the pass. I swear, I thought she got tears in her eyes and she grabbed my arm and squeezed it saying “thank you!”

Hope and I stopped for a final picture...

thumb_MK_TOMBRDG2_7467298299_1024.jpg
thumb_MK_TOMBRDG2_7467298301_1024.jpg

As we walked down Main Street, I knew we had several quick service meals left and I knew we would be in a mad rush to make it to Magical Express so I went into Casey’s, for the first time, and got 3 meals figuring we could all munch while we waited for the bus.

Sadly it was time to say…

thumb_IMG_0558_1024.jpg

We all met by the entrance. Ross was surprised to see my Casey’s food and didn’t know why I got it and then everyone proceeded to devoted every morsel!

When we got back to FQ, Ross went to get our carry-on while I went to the food court to use our last credits. I also ran to the lobby to pick up some Disney Dollars for Hope.

thumb_IMG_0561_1024.jpg

Magical Express arrived and we were on our way back to New York.

thumb_IMG_0569_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0571_1024.jpg

No delays, calm flight - no drama… My brother-in -law picked us up at Newark and we were home by about 2:00am. It was an amazing trip but way too fast!

Thanks so much for everyone who has followed along and for all your kind comments. Thanks for your patience - I think I may be the only one who takes 10 months to finish a TR!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom